Quick Photo Edit

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:22 AM

I need something quick done to a photo and I imagine it's easy for someone with the tools. All of the black text with blue background (from Sunday October 25th all the way to the word wine) I would like removed. I want the text gone so I can impose my own. If payment is necessary, we can discuss that, but you'd be doing me a huge favor!

Spoiler

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:55 AM

Hh3cGvE.png

Just done it quickly, hopefully that's decent enough. Donate to a contest if you feel like it. ;)

#3 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

Hh3cGvE.png

Just done it quickly, hopefully that's decent enough. Donate to a contest if you feel like it. ;)

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I appreciate it!

@Waser Lave

No idea how to tag you (may resort to PM eventually) so maybe you'll see this, although this message pertains to all who may read it. If I PMed the text I want on the image, could you put it on there? I am basically replacing what was on there with fictitious information. All I have is paint, and I imagine it will look better if it is done with the right program.

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:58 AM

You should try Pixlr. Or there's GIMP or Paint.NET for other free alternatives.

#5 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

@Waser Lave What did you use to remove the text?

Edited by DonValentino, 20 October 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

@Waser Lave What did you use to remove the text?

It's pretty simple in Photoshop. I'll show how it's done quickly in steps in case anybody else is wondering (bear in mind I'm not Photoshop expert so there's probably a more professional way than this).

1. Cut out the text using the Polygonal Lasso Tool, cut it and paste it into its own image.

image.pngimage.png

2. Use the magic wand tool to select a blue part of the background using quite a high tolerance because we want to get all of the background which isn't text, I used 100.

image.png

3. Now we want to select the text so we inverse the selection and then modify the edge to expand it by a couple of pixels:

image.pngimage.png

4. If you didn't expand it you'd end up with a lot more artefacts of the text. This leaves us with this:

image.png

5. Now we want to use the content-aware fill option in Photoshop (Edit > Fill > Content-Aware, or Shift+F5) which is actually very useful in the right circumstances and it's something which quite a lot of people don't seem to know exists:

image.png

6. After one pass we end up with this (as you can it's removed quite a lot of the text already):

image.png

7. Keep doing that same fill a few more times and we end up with this (pretty much all gone now):

image.png

8. Now we just need to clean it up a bit to get rid of what's left of the text. To do that I used the smudge tool because we didn't really need to be massively intricate. The important thing here is to smudge it only horizontally because sky has strata which you don't want to blend into one another.

image.png

9: Now we have it almost done, we just need to put it back into the original image:

image.png

10. Just copy the whole thing and paste it back into your original image, switch the layers so your new, clean sky one is behind the original and you're just left with a little bit of cleaning up and then you're done.

image.png

So maybe a couple of minutes to remove all that text quite effectively I think.

#7 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:57 AM

^Leet iv learnt something new :D

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:20 AM

dayyum, waser.. more graphic tutorials por favor. :x3:

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:34 AM

dayyum, waser.. more graphic tutorials por favor. :x3:

There's not much to do tutorials on, is there?

#10 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:52 AM

Or alternatively you could just use the patch tool :p

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:09 AM

Or alternatively you could just use the patch tool :p

Go on then, show people an alternative way. ;)

#12 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

Go on then, show people an alternative way. ;)

http://simplephotosh...patch_toolf.htm

I've always used the clone tool until someone told me to use the patch tool instead to get rid of unwanted things from backgrounds, and it blew my mind. But i like how you got rid of a lot of the grainyness from the background, looks a lot better  ^_^

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:24 AM

I suspect the patch tool would be quite time consuming to get a decent result on one with text like that because it's difficult to get large enough patches of the correct shades. I could be wrong though, I can't be arsed to find out myself. :p

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

I suspect the patch tool would be quite time consuming to get a decent result on one with text like that because it's difficult to get large enough patches of the correct shades. I could be wrong though, I can't be arsed to find out myself. :p

Lazy bastard :p It probably wouldn't get rid of the grainyness tho so the smudge tool definitely works better with that. It's a really nifty little tool tho if you have extra space for the patches, and if you want something to go from this:

Spoiler

To this:

Spoiler

In just a few seconds with as little effort as possible for lazy people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users