Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

TOLCM9H.jpg

Genre: Tabletop RPG

Graphics: Low - Pixel

Steam Rating: 9/10 (very positive)

Android Rating: 4.5/5

My Rating: 7.5/10

Cost: $9.99 USD

Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition is quite an interesting game I must say.

I originally bought this game on a whim, as most Steam games come. It caught my eye because of the graphics and how I have always wanted to play a game similar to D&D, but without having to deal with people, having a high learning curve or anything of that sort. I thoroughly have enjoyed the game, learning the new challenges, and trying to beat each new self made quest. But after a few hours, the game begins to become grindy. Now, being grindy isn't a terrible thing, unless you feel like you are making no progress what-so-ever. Even so, It still gives me the urge to continue on in order to at least beat the whole game.

Learning to play the new classes each time you unlock one is one of the most enjoyable things that you can get out of this game. You learn who can deal the most damage, who tanks, etc. If you are familiar with raiding in many of the RPG games out there, you will feel right at home with this game. I recommend it to anyone who might have no idea what to do for a few hours because it definitely will burn a few of your hours away.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

I played the first game on my phone for a while. It's pretty fun, but as you said, it gets really grindy, and that's when I stopped playing :p

#3 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:38 PM

I played the first game on my phone for a while. It's pretty fun, but as you said, it gets really grindy, and that's when I stopped playing :p

How far did you get into the game? What levels did you get your party to, and how many classes did you unlock?

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

How far did you get into the game? What levels did you get your party to, and how many classes did you unlock?

Oh,I don't remember anything xD it was quite a while ago, even before they update it to the +1 edition.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users