Fallout 4

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

Good to know lone wanderer perk works with dogmeat!

Yeah, I just ran and got the gun last night; I was expecting much more. I suppose if it's one of the first guns you get in the game, you'd have an edge, but currently at level 14 (and 4pts in strength), it's fairly comparable, damage wise, to my other weapons. But its disproportionately heavy in weight, so I'll probably ditch it. 

I've been making the dog carry it!

#27 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

I restarted today. I think I put in about 8 hours so far and I can tell you settlements are a great way to make caps on the side. If you haven't invested into settlements I definitely recommend it. Another thing if you are a gun user invest in the scrounger perk. It always a waste in past games but is incredibly useful the ammo I find is great.

#28 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:54 AM

Beat the main quest line last night; shorter "wrap up" than I anticipated; but it appears as if I've barely put a dent in the content, so there is still a ton to do. 

#29 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

I just made it to Diamond City earlier today at level 15. About as far as I plan on going into the main quest.

#30 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:21 AM

I just made it to Diamond City earlier today at level 15. About as far as I plan on going into the main quest.

Wow I went there at around level 5. I haven't played since last Friday so I think I am around level 9-10.

#31 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:56 AM

Currently I'm level 31; kinda just diddling around for a couple hours a night, as time permits.

One thing I wish I knew when I started off, is that gun damage increases with overall level. 

Trying to get the level 4 armorer/gun nut/science! perks; but they all require overall level of 41-42... so it looks like I'll be doing some raiding this weekend!

#32 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

#33 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:47 AM

What an impressive waste of time to build that! 

I'm actually just now considering restarting my play-through this weekend. I kinda rushed the first playthrough, it would be nice to take my time with this one, take more time to explore etc. 

#34 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

I'm actually just now considering restarting my play-through this weekend. I kinda rushed the first playthrough, it would be nice to take my time with this one, take more time to explore etc. 

Yeah no doubt I imagine it took forever.

#35 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

I would definitely recommend it. I'm enjoying my second playthrough more than I did my first one with the little bit of knowledge I gained.

#36 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:43 AM

So true - it took me about 1/3 of as much time now that I have a handle on the controls and how the game works. 

BTW: unless it's been patched, I read about a loophole for better defensive protection. I guess if you do the railroad quests up to the point where you can use ballistic weave (intended for full suits of armor, like "kellogs suit" or "clean grey suit"), but apply it to just a "clothing" hat, like the fedora (can't remember real name), it adds 200 defense or something. 

I guess the 200 or w/e is supposed to compensate for not being able to wear better pieces of armor, (leg, arm, chest), but when applied to just the hat, it gives the same boost, and also allows you to equip regular armor. 

#37 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

I thought the weave also worked with dirty military fatigues as well so you could wear the armor pieces as well as a nicely beefed up clothes.

#38 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

It does indeed.

Anyone have advice for the best non-power armor? I've heard combat, but I'm unsure.

#39 darkeststorm

darkeststorm
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

Tfw you try to build a house and the walls don't wanna cooperate.

#40 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

FYI: The recent patch also included fixing the "infinite caps" glitch; so keep your previous saves :p

#41 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:46 AM

I never cheated but then again I haven't really gotten to play all that much. I am somewhere around 19 hours at the moment.

#42 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:40 AM

Time to start over on the pc.

#43 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

I'm currently on my third playthrough, went for a melee build this time 'round.

I plan one more playthrough (so I can side with either railroad/minutemen) so I will have seen all (major) endings/missions. 

Then maybe a playthrough where I just eliminate everything and everyone. 

Legit, I'll just keep playing until FO5/Mass Effect/Dragon age sequels come out. 

#44 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

I am extremely behind. I am only level 23 at the moment.

#45 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:11 AM

So glad I made the change to pc. A couple of the mods I'm using (more spawns and encounter zone level changer) have made the game infinitely more fun and challenging on survival. Managed to fight my way through the Corvega plant after 5 hours killing what had to be at least 50 raiders and the bulk of them legendary, had to resort to some major cheese tactics but I did it.

#46 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

True, I also plan on going Survival for my next playthrough; forgot to mention that. Actually plan out level perks, farm armor, etc. 

I don't have the PC version, so I can't mod; but honestly I don't think I'd get *that* much more out of the game; although the room with everything seems cool. 

Can't wait for the DLC's!

#47 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

This is my first fallout game and it's interesting.. I like the whole mythology about the world and the characters and stuff but man is this game hard! Thank god for Radaway.. I thought the radiation was permanent and almost started a new game. 

#48 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

This is my first fallout game and it's interesting.. I like the whole mythology about the world and the characters and stuff but man is this game hard! Thank god for Radaway.. I thought the radiation was permanent and almost started a new game. 

I always get ahead of myself and take on enemies that I probably shouldn't. 

#49 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'm currently on my third playthrough, went for a melee build this time 'round.

I plan one more playthrough (so I can side with either railroad/minutemen) so I will have seen all (major) endings/missions. 

Then maybe a playthrough where I just eliminate everything and everyone. 

Legit, I'll just keep playing until FO5/Mass Effect/Dragon age sequels come out. 

Not to go off topic but you're a mass effect fan? [I think you can tell I am.]

But back on topic, I don't really own a next gen anything, and my laptop is over 10 years old. 

I have however been watching my girlfriend play, and this game looks soooo good, I can't wait to get it myself. 

#50 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:56 AM

Huge ME fan. Not so much a fan of the ending :p   Although for sure, I'll follow the series as it leaves Shepherd behind. Wonderful universe - my only regret is that I was f'd up when I went to buy ME3, and bought it for PS3 instead of PC, so I couldn't continue any of my plot lines (like Wrex).

I'd say there are 4 game franchises that I follow; Fallout, ME, Dragon Age, and Final Fantasy; in that order. 

Edited by Silver, 17 December 2015 - 06:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users