• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:08 PM

ptxEIRk.png

http://www.neopets.c...topic=157600174

^ TNT's response to being accused of stealing fan art. 

They must be afraid of another potential lawsuit.

Original artist:

http://kuitsuku.tumb...-similar-but-we

Thoughts?

#2 juvian

juvian
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:15 PM

Seems like a spot the 7 different things lol

#3 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

http://www.neocodex....-noticed/page-9

#4 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

I don't think this is a new practice

#5 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Neopets is going downhill so fast

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:08 PM

What a total crock of horseshit that reply by TNT is.

#7 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

Laughing my ass off.

TNT is in deep dung now. "Coincidence" my butt.

#8 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:36 PM

Oh man, now boards and their Facebook page is blowing up about this. People are PISSED and rightfully so.

"Coincidence" my ass. I bet a court of law would disagree.

Couple facebook replies:

238dbd0d13bad44358cfa2eeab51a38a.png

75a57453970dc4e7074d0d87ec5fbda0.png

I wish the original artist would take action.

If not for herself then to help prevent this from happening to other unaware artists.

And screw these "oh the artist should feel honored they even considered using their work. i would." arguments.

No. Artists should not work for free, and exposure doesn't pay the bills. If the work is good enough to steal & use then it's good enough to be paid for.

#9 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:54 PM

I'd be upset if the original artist were, but she seems really chill about it.

I mean, it's obviously WRONG and they did it in a stupid way, but this particular instance of theft is about Suta Raito, and she just seems sort of mildly disappointed.

#10 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

Oh man, this is starting to find its way across the internet.
The missus somehow found this on deviantart:

http://kuitsuku.devi...orbat-570985448

ThatDangCat even provided overlays to prove it's the original:

79538aea6b9045da8d9e3dce782b3480.png

Then it's on r/neopets.

Saw a few artist tumblr accounts talking about it.

Even virtualpetlist.

b3ff00fcb2724466459426114d0872b0.png

Edit: Just realized Kate already beat me to posting the DA info. My apologies & nice catch! :)

Edited by Alexiel, 09 November 2015 - 09:19 PM.

#11 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

ptxEIRk.png

http://www.neopets.c...topic=157600174
^ TNT's response to being accused of stealing fan art. 
They must be afraid of another potential lawsuit.

Original artist:
http://kuitsuku.tumb...-similar-but-we

Thoughts?

Look how fucking badly they traced the original image though!! This bothers me way more than it should. 

TKoMyG1.png

I know it's an upscaled version of the item image but you can still see the the badly drawn lineart in the item. Come on, if you're going to trace an image at least fucking do it right!!! Tracing is REALLY not that hard, why do you think all those 13 year olds on deviantArt do it?

They really are acting like those 13 year olds who steal images on deviantArt though. Like almost exactly and it's pretty hilarious/infuriating. You don't just say "lol no one of our artists drew it XD" about an image which is very, very clearly traced!! This image has been around for years and has been seen by who knows how many people so they can't just pull some shitty excuse out of their ass for this one. Tracing over someone else's illustration, making some minor changes and claiming it's your own is art theft!! "and would never use it as our own, especially without permission from the artist" is a straight up lie too. Sure, I'm sure plenty of people over the past god knows how many years have uploaded the image without Kuitsuku's permission to the Beauty Contest/Art Gallery/etc (which is art theft), but the artist herself hasn't done that. So if they're using it because of that, then they've stolen a stolen image. Someone told the artist that because of the new staff, they probably thought it was official art or something like that. But whether they knew or not doesn't make art theft acceptable. And them going as far as to say that they created it in-house crosses the line. It's incredibly easy to reverse search an image and see where it originated. Don't lie about that shit.

I don't think it would go well if the artist went to court over this as she doesn't own Korbats, but it's still incredibly disrespectful that they did this considering she owns her work. She drew it, not them.

Why the hell would they react in this way though? Why would they just lie through their teeth? Did they really think people are going to believe them? Do they think a response as awful as that is going to make this situation any better? This is unbelievable. Who are they going to steal from next? Pretty much any other artist who has ever drawn Neopets fanart? I hope it never happens again but who knows what will happen if they're acting like this.

Also hahaha, they're deleting comments about it on their Facebook page which isn't surprising :^) You can't hide this one no matter how hard you try.

(Reposting wildmareep's gif for all to see:)

rqpGW5D.gif

#12 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

amateurs. if you're gonna steal something, at least mirror the image, change some of its scale and proportions, add something extra or alter the colors... :doh:

#13 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

amateurs. if you're gonna steal something, at least mirror the image, change some of its scale and proportions, add something extra or alter the colors... :doh:

But that sounds like effort!

#14 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:17 AM

Interesting and very surprising that tnt have done this again.

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

POPULAR POST!

8FxrfDk.png

#16 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

Wow, just wow. They could've apologised, give credit to the artist or just take the image down. But no, they had to go with that excuse.

#17 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:37 AM

gif_roospringy.giftoy_korbat_spring.gif

Can someone enlighten me how is the pose similar?

Since the artist did not mind, maybe they can get the permission to use the image?

Can interest people by providing art to neo to make the community involve in items from here on.

Edited by Ka1, 10 November 2015 - 03:41 AM.

#18 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:41 AM

Look how fucking badly they traced the original image though!! This bothers me way more than it should. 

TKoMyG1.png

I know it's an upscaled version of the item image but you can still see the the badly drawn lineart in the item. Come on, if you're going to trace an image at least fucking do it right!!! Tracing is REALLY not that hard, why do you think all those 13 year olds on deviantArt do it?

They really are acting like those 13 year olds who steal images on deviantArt though. Like almost exactly and it's pretty hilarious/infuriating. You don't just say "lol no one of our artists drew it XD" about an image which is very, very clearly traced!! This image has been around for years and has been seen by who knows how many people so they can't just pull some shitty excuse out of their ass for this one. Tracing over someone else's illustration, making some minor changes and claiming it's your own is art theft!! "and would never use it as our own, especially without permission from the artist" is a straight up lie too. Sure, I'm sure plenty of people over the past god knows how many years have uploaded the image without Kuitsuku's permission to the Beauty Contest/Art Gallery/etc (which is art theft), but the artist herself hasn't done that. So if they're using it because of that, then they've stolen a stolen image. Someone told the artist that because of the new staff, they probably thought it was official art or something like that. But whether they knew or not doesn't make art theft acceptable. And them going as far as to say that they created it in-house crosses the line. It's incredibly easy to reverse search an image and see where it originated. Don't lie about that shit.

I don't think it would go well if the artist went to court over this as she doesn't own Korbats, but it's still incredibly disrespectful that they did this considering she owns her work. She drew it, not them.

Why the hell would they react in this way though? Why would they just lie through their teeth? Did they really think people are going to believe them? Do they think a response as awful as that is going to make this situation any better? This is unbelievable. Who are they going to steal from next? Pretty much any other artist who has ever drawn Neopets fanart? I hope it never happens again but who knows what will happen if they're acting like this.

Also hahaha, they're deleting comments about it on their Facebook page which isn't surprising :^) You can't hide this one no matter how hard you try.

(Reposting wildmareep's gif for all to see:)

rqpGW5D.gif

OMG this is awful  :shutup:

#19 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:58 AM

8FxrfDk.png

LMFAO.

Coincidence? I don't think so. It's so obvious they've stolled it from Kuitsuku. Why they don't just apologize and give the credits for her?

#20 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:05 AM

Thinking of quitting Neopets over this. It's pretty bull shit, and not respectful of the original artist what-so-ever.

#21 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:08 AM

Thinking of quitting Neopets over this. It's pretty bull shit, and not respectful of the original artist what-so-ever.

Neopets will probably be more or less gone soon with the lawsuit and this...

#22 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

Neopets will probably be more or less gone soon with the lawsuit and this...

There's a lawsuit?

#23 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:09 AM

gif_roospringy.giftoy_korbat_spring.gif

Can someone enlighten me how is the pose similar?
Since the artist did not mind, maybe they can get the permission to use the image?
Can interest people by providing art to neo to make the community involve in items from here on.

Both have a spring shoved up in their poo-holes and they're supper happy about it. That's all the similarity I can see :p

She didn't mind at first, but after they said it was original and just a coincidence, she got pissed off.

#24 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

But remember: Before you quit, do something to screw the site. Buy a rare 1 of 10 item and delete it. Or dupe it to the point of worthlessness. 

#25 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:18 AM

But remember: Before you quit, do something to screw the site. Buy a rare 1 of 10 item and delete it. Or dupe it to the point of worthlessness. 

What a nice idea, I would make that or worse than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users