• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

Someone on deviantArt is saying that they stolen an adoptable she created and put it on a book item, but she hasn't said which adoptable/book it is yet

Looks like I got a response!! Wow, this item is really old. So Tumblr user krystallo made some adoptables way back in the day, and although the original Fire Gelert image has been lost to time, she found her Faerie version.

tumblr_inline_ny0n87EZJl1qi32j6_250.png

And TNT used the Fire one in the item Fire Pet Guide. Here it is:

boo_firepet.gif

Like there's no mistaking it, that's definitely her Gelert there :V And this item was released all the way back in 2008 too!! She said she didn't contact TNT about this though. Now I really wanna know if they've stolen more fanart for their items hahah

#52 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

Looks like I got a response!! Wow, this item is really old. So Tumblr user krystallo made some adoptables way back in the day, and although the original Fire Gelert image has been lost to time, she found her Faerie version.

tumblr_inline_ny0n87EZJl1qi32j6_250.png

And TNT used the Fire one in the item Fire Pet Guide. Here it is:

boo_firepet.gif

Like there's no mistaking it, that's definitely her Gelert there :V And this item was released all the way back in 2008 too!! She said she didn't contact TNT about this though. Now I really wanna know if they've stolen more fanart for their items hahah

Omg.. why didnt they just put their own fire gelert art in the book? And here I thought that tnt stealing art was a recent thing.

#53 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

I am even more shocked to know that this is not a recent thing than I was when I found out about the korbatgate. Wow... Just wow. I'm so gald I'm done with Neopets.

#54 BlackOctopusCoven

BlackOctopusCoven
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

While the Spring Korbat Toy has been deactivated, it did restock a few times beforehand so it has now become a stupidly rare item. There are currently two of them in two different galleries but considering they are the only two in existence (as we know of) and will never be stocked again, they are already considered priceless.

I was completely shocked to see that fire gelert on that book though, now I'm wondering how many items truly were stolen without anyone's knowledge. While it's neopets' fault, you have to look at who was designing items during these periods of times and then see how it was allowed and if they had knowledge about it to begin with.

#55 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

I am even more shocked to know that this is not a recent thing than I was when I found out about the korbatgate. Wow... Just wow. I'm so gald I'm done with Neopets.

Same here.

#56 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

@Turnip thanks for the info on the book. I knew I'd heard about past instances of art theft, but I hadn't seen the evidence. That Gelert is nothing like official art, so there's no way that was a mistake. This is pretty disheartening

@BlackOctopusCoven lol I'm mildly surprised TNT didn't make the existing ones blumaroo springy toys or something.

#57 Denovo

Denovo
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:28 AM

Lol, this is hilarious. xD How did I not find out about this until now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users