Smart Phone Use Guide
Have you ever had a smart phone, then wondered,
"What can I do with this thing?"
Well... now you can do something with that brick!
Doling out cash each month for, usually, inferior cellular service that the company you went with lied about.
What is a Smart Phone?
A smart phone is a device that is basically a computer that can be accessed to a
multitude of services that allow access to, call, text, and use internet.
What use do these services give?
Using a cell phone will mostly be for texting, and internet in my young culture.
From that, you get the ability to contact anyone in the developed and developing world
who also has one.
The internet is probably the most useful of all of the services given by a Smart Phone.
You can download Games, Podcasts (downloadable radio), Audio Books, Digital Books, Music, and Video.
Most Smart Phone games tend to be lack luster in my opinion, they are just click
based games, but there are a few gems out there.
Some games I recommend for you are as followed.
Podcasts are a great addition to your life in many ways, you can learn so many different
things that are happening around you. You can use Itunes, Stitcher, and Play.It generally
for your Podcast consumption.
There are podcasts dedicated to just about anything
that you may find of interest.
Lets say you are into History.
Some awesome podcasts about history are out there.
Stuff you Missed in History Class
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Lectures in History
Audio books are just a spoken format of books, exactly like audio books on tape/CD, but
in a downloadable form.
Most books you can think of will be in audio book format.
You can pay for newer books, but older books tend to be on quite a few free audio book applications.
Pay Based Applications
Google Play Store
LibriVox Audio Books Free
Free Audiobooks Search
Usually I find it hard to read books on my phone but there are a few places
you can get books to read.
Google Play Store
We've finally made it to music. This has become one of the biggest parts of having a Smart Phone.
With so many applications out there for your music consumption, you can listen to what you want, when you want.
Applications I recommend using for different reasons would be
I like to use Spotify when I want to listen to either play lists, or albums. With a
paid subscription you can download the music straight to your phone to use when ever you want.
Free - Ads
Paid - No Ads
You chose one artist and they will play that artist plus others similar to it.
Free - Ads
Paid - No Ads
Premade playlists made by people just like you!
Paid based application similar to Pandora.
And as usual, Google Play and Itunes for your owned music.
Another huge part to using a Smart Phone is the use of applications to play video
directly to your phone.
You can use your Smart Phone to watch Television Shows, Video Game Streams,
Amateur Videos, and more!
Some apps that are widely used are as followed.
Most Smart Phones now have a camera, utilize it! Snap a selfie, take pictures of weird things you see.
Use it as a proof of records, take a picture of license plates of strangers who park near your home that you don't know.
Record your smart/dumb ideas after a shower.
Obviously Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube are the most used of Applications.
But you can also use Imgur, and Flickr for photo records, among others.
Tips and Tricks!
Battery life can be draining, both to you and to your phone. Some tips I recommend to you are as followed.
1. Keep a charger in your car, locker, or backpack.
2. If your phone can use a fast charger, only use it.
3. Never leave your phone plugged in all night long. Only charge it when it is low on battery.
4. You don't need to charge it to 100%, as that can ruin battery life over time.
Get it to at least 90% and then it should be as if you got it to 100%.
5. Only use Location, and Bluetooth if you need it.
6. If you have no connection to the mobile network because you are in a rural area,
a building that disallows the radio frequency waves to penetrate, or just underground in a bunker,
turn your phone onto Airplane Mode. This reduces the use of your battery looking for a network.
7. Try to keep from looking at your phone screen too often, it drains the battery generally quickly!
8. Clean your phone often! Your phone can get disgusting quick, and will be dirtier than that toilet you just used.
9. Don't use your phones volume when in quiet places, like libraries, break rooms, or rest rooms.
10. Don't text and drive. If your phone goes off, stop and answer it if needed. Or just hand it to the person with you. IT CAN WAIT!
11. If your phone starts to slow down, be sure to clear out old TV shows, Audio Books, and music you don't listen to often.
12. Don't click on links you don't know.
Thanks for reading my Smart Phone Use Guide.