• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:54 PM

Are you buying anything this Black Friday?

Anything you wish would go on sale?

Any sales to share with us all? :) 

Any scary or fond memories you have of this 'Holiday?'

Does it piss you off?

Will more people die this year? *_*

It isn't a tradition in Canada, it's really only a couple years old. Usually our massive sale day is Boxing Day (Dec 26) but I think people love that Black Friday is taking over because it is before Christmas and not after. 

#2 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:44 AM

Hey we had the same idea with our siggies! :)

Nope, not buying anything on Black Friday because we spent all of our money on our vacation! $1700 for a cabin in the mountains for a whole week plus $700 spending money!

#3 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:52 AM

I'll probably just go with my sister again this year. We went last year, and she ended up getting a couple video games she wanted which were pretty cheap because of the sale. Nothing really that I'm interested in buying, though :p

I will admit that it was pretty fun weaving our skinny bodies through the taped off sections of walmart and through the crowds of people :) 

#4 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:40 AM

Might go to Michaels to get some Art equips.

Not exactly. I think I have just about everything I need for X-Mas.

Michaels has a 70% off sale from 3PM-Close on Thanksgiving day. (if I remember correctly)

I hate this season due to the work load we get at the USPS.

Does it piss you off?

Yes.

Hopefully.

#5 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:43 AM

Nope

Not really. I'd like to get my husband a new monitor but we're sorta broke as fuck xD

Any sales to share with us all?  :)
Sorry, I'm really bad at keeping up with sales?

One year, my husband and I needed groceries and went to Walmart. We didn't realize it was black friday and ended up leaving with a external harddrives and food. It really wasn't that bad. But it's just funny we were derpy enough to go without realizing it.

Does it piss you off?
Eh. I feel bad for retail workers. I've worked a black friday at Walmart. I wish people would treat employees better. Also, I feel like the deals really aren't that swell usually. 

Hope not. :c

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

Black Friday aka Rip-Off Friday.

A lot of stores here raise their prices a few months before Black Friday (not at once, of course), and then just put the regular price on Black Friday. Last year it happened a lot, so I don't think they will do it again, but I still don't trust it :p

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:09 AM

Are you buying anything this Black Friday? - Omgosh I wish! But I don't have any money >_<!!!

Anything you wish would go on sale? - All the things.

Any scary or fond memories you have of this 'Holiday?' - I've never actually gone shopping on black friday.

Does it piss you off? - Kind of

Will more people die this year? *_* - ISIS

#8 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:33 AM

2x copies of Warlords of Draenor from Gamestop; may just buy it online if crowds look stupid. Have until the 29th also if I must have the "in-store experience". Which, ever since they bought out ThinkGeek has been pretty fun.

60 Day prepaid WoW game time, Fallout 4, Nuka Cola, Pokemon plushies

Gamestop has a few decent things like $13 WoD, $20 Funko Mystery Box, etc etc

Not really. Just didn't like being up stupid early to ride in a car 45ish minutes to the nearest city to be packed like a sardine in a dimly lit store like Sears.

Does it piss you off?

Nah. Usually avoid it. If people want to get stupid over material things let them.

One can only hope. Maybe if enough people die this whole thing will end or continue to evolve into something safer.
Besides, it's their choice to participate. They know the risks or should by this point.

#9 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

Are you buying anything this Black Friday? Bought my laptop last week (better deal than any black friday ad I saw)

Anything you wish would go on sale? Tuition

Any sales to share with us all? Nothing. :/

Any scary or fond memories you have of this 'Holiday?' My last laptop purchase 5 years ago was a steal, and the only time I really got anything big.

Does it piss you off? Not really. 

Will more people die this year? *_* That's why they call it black friday right? Its great that there are deals great enough to die for, right?

#10 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

Shit I just realized that I totally forgot to get any Christmas presents... that audition really distracted me :S Looks like I'm for sure going black friday shopping lol

#11 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

I would like to find a confection oven for cheap & polymer clay.
I may go to Michaels & gamestop. 
Honestly, there's this one time a year, usually summer, where you can get 4 for $1.
Idk if the sale is that great for Michaels but I'd go to it.

#12 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

Haven't bought anything today, however I am looking to buy a new laptop and seeing as though I can see a special offer being advertised in the UK this weekend, I might buy it tomorrow or Sunday :)

#13 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

This is the real gift

#14 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

Best black friday Deal:

http://time.com/4128...y-black-friday/

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

Heh, I was right.

Half of the complaints this year in those complaint organs or whatever are about fake promotions. There was a case in my town (probably not just one) about a product that had a price tag of 20 BRL as a promotion, but under it the older tag had the same price. Other cases were about the price tags saying a certain price, but when you bought the thing, it was more expensive.

And people still fall for that... You'd think they would get it by now that most shops here just do it to sell more for the same price (or more expensive), but apparently not.

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

PS4s were $60 off today.

Picked one up in case my mom didn't actually get me one for Christmas. I can easily return it if she did. Win-win for me.

#17 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

Sadly can't buy anything T^T But i'd like an new headphone :(

#18 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

Sadly can't buy anything T^T But i'd like an new headphone :(

Amazon had some amazing sales on them :) 

#19 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:41 PM

Amazon had some amazing sales on them :)

Amazon don't delivers on Brasil, I think :(

#20 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:29 AM

I never go out for Black Friday because people are crazy. Also I save 100% on bullshit by refusing to buy it.

#21 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:58 AM

I went out Black Friday shopping once at Walmart.. Never again. 

This guy jumped on top of the cardboard display with all the video games in it. Surprised he didn't get seriously injured.

So what's the deal with the Darth Vader toaster I kept hearing about that so many people were waiting for?

#22 hibackpack

hibackpack
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

So excited for cybermonday! I have so many gift cards to use :) I have a 200$ forever21 gift card! And 100$ amazon.
I'm looking for 2 ugly sweaters since I have a party to go to :) if anyone has found some! Let me know :)

#23 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:04 AM

I'm not really into the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shindig.  If there was something that I truly wanted that was on sale, then I'd make an attempt to go out and shop for it. Otherwise I don't think it's worth breaking a limb for. XD

#24 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

Well I've got my new laptop (bought it on Saturday) and so far, so good. Does what I need it to do. Now, to get Windows 10 dual booting with Windows 7....

#25 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:50 PM

I was so close to buying a Samsung 65-inch 4K TV but it was $1,800 and I am saving for a wedding so I made the responsible decision and opted out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black friday, padme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users