Hello, Codexians League of Legends Players.
That's UMR in general guide about: How to Gold in League of Legends? . Well, I'll help you how to improve your mechanics, game sense, patient with your teammates and choice of lane. If you read that guide fully and follow it, it's sure that you'll become an Gold that season. Due my bad english, I'll explain that guide in an simple way for that everyone which is reading this can understand. So, like my friend Jax says: "Lets go". Remembering that's in general guide, not one specific one, it's just tips for help you.
1º Step: Practice in Normal Game.
• That's an obvious tip, but will work A LOT. Why should you pratice? For improve your mechanics, 1x1, your view about the game, your common sense, even you patient. If you devote an part of your time of the day for the game, of course you'll improve. So, let's play the most you can! Play normals games every day ( 4 games per day are the enough for an pratice ) and only go Ranked Games if you are preparated for face that. The Ranked Games are harder than Normal, so use your training place at the Normals One. You should face the easier to face the harder.
• Play roles that you are bad. In the Ranked Games, You'll not pick the desired lane every single game, even you asking for that. I play in one of the most toxic server of League of Legends, always when I ask for leave the lane for me, politely of course, some douche pick that and doesn't know how to play accordingly. So, please, pratice another lane beyond your main one. For example, I play 3 roles VERY WELL, play 1 somewhat and the another I don't play well, but know how to play on that. In Normals before I became an good player, I was used to only play Support and didn't knew how to play the others. So I've praticized 4 lanes and mastered 3, became an multi-functional player. That helped a lot my way to Gold.
• How much more you play serious on Normal, better you'll be on the game. Even being an Normal game, don't underestimate that, They can be very hard and competitive. Normal Games are for fun and training, make an good use of that tip.
• Don't troll. If you troll, you're wasting your time, hability and sense about the game.
• Beyond the Mechanics, study about the game. If you know better about game, builds, lanes, match-ups, definitions, you'll go up. Despite that's boring (or not), persists on it. I'm able to win the most of matchups on Top Lane because I've trained it, I know each counter from the top-laners champions. An example it's Shen x Vladimir. If you pick an Vladimir agaisnt Shen in low-elo (Silver, Bronze), it's obvious you'll destroy him so hard if you play correctly. When I was Bronze, I've played Shen against an Vladimir. I never wish worst from you, really... So, study the game, it's important.
• Beyond the Study, improves your mechanics. Try to win your opponent in 1x1, it's important to improve your mechanic. Try to set the settings for what's better for you. Don't force yourself to play in Free Camera if you don't. Improves in what you're better and try to outplay your opponents.
• Master champions. If you play too much with one champion, maybe you can be an very nice player with him and above your actual elo with him. For example, if you play a lot with Lee Sin, you'll learn how to land more skillshots, how to gank better, will see more uses for your habilities, will dominate the early game and stomp your enemies! Every champion has his own quality. None of champions are bad. In the past, I've faced one Mastered Xerath. He destroyed all my team ALONE, THIS IN SILVER! So, Master at least one champion, but don't set aside the others. Have one gamma of champions are very nice, because you'll not being dependant of one only.
• In games, focus on Towers instead Kills. Kills are very important, but your focus the Towers will guarantee an advantage for you. The game is for destroy the Nexus, not the enemy team. If you have the opportunity to destroy the Nexus instead fight, go for the Nexus. Always focus the Nexus in the game.
• Only focus Tanks ones if the carries are away and isn't doing damage. If you kill the tanks ones in an trap and the carries are away, You'll have an monstrous advantage, because you can dive carries in some situations.
• Master yourself, Master the enemy.
• Know the enemys weakness and your limits. If you know that Nasus is very weak early game, destroy him in the early, so He can't destroy you in late. Turns the enemy life an hell. If you use Life on your skills, save skills for when you can spam it.
• Don't feed. Feeding is the worst thing you can do. Stay safe if you're losing an hard lane. If you're about to take an Dive from your opponent, call help from your team. If they don't help you, it's them fault too, not only your. Being weaker than your opponent isn't your fault always, He can just be better than you.
• Focus on Farming. An 200 0/4/0 farm character will be strongest than a 4/0 and 50 de farm same character.
• Always prioritize the "Meta", but only play which you knows how to play. An mastered Yorick can be strongest than a Dumb Gnar. You should play with what you are good.
• Full atention on the game. Treat every game like it would be the last.
• If you had some need, do it before the game. You won't want to pee in an important teamfight, right?
2º Step: Patient and Communication.
• If someone is annoying you too much, mute him. Although it's important to have communication with an teammate, isn't important to listen someone annoys you. If you became annoyed, you'll play worst. If you became annoyed and discuss with him, your team will be annoyed. Everyone annoyed will cause your team defeat. So, it's better to mute someone annoying than lost an important game, like your MD3 or MD5.
• Never rage! If you rage with your teammates, they will being pissed and your game will be lost. So, please, stay calm, even something really bad had happen and made you annoyed. Staying calm is the key for winning.
• If someones threaten to Troll in an Ranked Game, you have three options:
1. Ignores him.
2. Try to talk calmly with him, maybe he had an bad day and is discouting one this game. If you being an friendly-arm for him, he'll change his idea.
3. Quit in Champion Selection if the talk won't do any effects. Better to lost 3 LPs and 5 minutes than 13 - 25 LPs. Only quit in the lasts seconds, because someone can quit before.
• Don't play drunk or in effect from illicit drugs. That'll affect you, obvious.
• If someone is feeding hard, please, be patient and try to help him with words or actions, he'll become worst if you fight with him.
• Never surrender. Not all matches are completly lost.
• Confidence on ALL matches.
• If you picked an troll on your Ranked Game and will play again, wait 5 minutes before play again. May you can pick him again and lost the game, so, please, take a breath, drink an cup of water and go for the battle again!
• Disable the All Chat. That will only stress yourself and you'll lose because that maybe. I've lost games because the all, so I've turned that off in my Ranked Games. What you'll do with that? Taunt? Isn't good, because it's an two-edged-knife.
• Cheers up your teammate if he does an good play! He'll became more confident, may play better and you can find an new friend!
• Always uses the signs for warn your team for an objective or an danger! But don't use that TOO MUCH, maybe can annoys your teammate or lock his computer (The second is mine problem! When someones signs on me too much, my FPS became an trash and my computer crashes.)
3º Step: Ward.
• Why one thing like an ward can be important? Because that can prevents you from ganks, ambushes, dives, lights the map, can detect the enemy team plan and a lot of others importants things for your use. So, keep warding, Ward CAN win games.
• How I can found ward? In that S6, You already earn free two Yellow wards, that are very usefull. So you can ward two places and prevent from issues, like ganks. But, You can have an 3rd ward that gives an better vision, lasts until being destroyed and can detect enemy wards in they rage! That's the "Pink Ward", that costs only 75 golds and are essential for EVERY game. Buy one and have another in your pocket. If you're an Support or maybe Jungler, you should buy Sightstone or their upgrade, which promoves 3/4 wards for you! You can also buy the new Support items if you need an especific utility, like the "War booty" from the Reliquary Shield.
• Where should in Ward? Well, in Codex, sadly, I can't post an huge image size on this post. So, I would leve an media about how to ward.
• Order your team for wards. Not only you should ward, but them too.
• Remove wards are also important too. If you're jungler, support or Mid-laner, buy the Oracle Lens or their upgrade for remove enemys wards. They're essential for removing vision and gives your team chance to ambush the enemy.
• For the ADC, Buy the Spy Sphere. That's important for outplay some smart enemy which hides on bush to outplay you or for don't leave him escape.
• As Top-laner, always holds your initial ward, for keep helping your team for warding. That's optional for Mid-laner too.
• As Support, your main job is warding and removing enemy vision. So focus on this and you'll save the day for your team or will ruin it if do wrong.
• If you're an squishy champion, be careful in warding, because you can be ambushed! Also, you can ambush your enemys for it!
4º Step: Lane Choice.
• Please, always have an preference from lane that you play better than another one. Everyone should have one main lane for better the own perfomance.
• If you like 1x1 and independent from your team, prefer for Top-lane. You'll stay most time of your time on Top-lane fighting, splitpushing, etc. If your team get in troubles, use your Teleport for help them. So, avoid to use your TP always on your lane. Your enemy can abuse that advantage and help their team, putting you and your teammates on trouble, because he'll feed himself, he'll feed his teammates and he'll earn extra gold for helping! You'll being in really troubles if don't follow him, especially if it's Riven, Irelia or Ryze. So, if you are an watchful person and nice duelist, pick Top Lane as your main. Junglers often will gank Mid-lane, but be careful and keep warding! That's the lane for who like Melee characters too, because most of top-laners are melee!
• If you like 1x1, but are dependet from your team, prefer Mid-lane. Even you being an nice duelist with skill shots or abilities, you'll be the Jungler target, because you're in the mid, you can be Ganked by a lot manners, from the sides, from up, from down and even behind you, so, if you can handle this, choose the Mid-lane. If you like to being an Mage or an Assassin, that's your place! You'll be who give damage on your team. You'll be one of prioritie target from the enemy team. So, if you can stay safe and do damage, pick Mid-lane as your main. The mid-lane is, also, the lane of 1x1, the duels here are more interesting and you can outplay or being outplayed every time! Mid-laners, also, should help your team by Roamings, which is leave your lane to go another. An very skilled mid-laner will being watchful in everything on the game and will help when your team need, beyond farms well and wins the 1x1! Mid-lanes is, most, dependant from abilities, so careful with Silences! And always have in mind that the bot lane can be on your mid-lane and screw you up, so pay attention and proves that you're an good midlaner.
• If you like to help your team and control objectives, being an Jungler. The Jungler will control buffs like Blue, Red, Dragon, Herald from Valley and Baron with his Smite. If you are responsive and an nice strategist, go for the Jungle, it's your dream. You'll help the whole team, will ensure the objectives and will turns the enemy jungler life on an real hell! In my server, if your jungle isn't good, He'll be the guilty from EVERYTHING, LITERALLY EVERYTHING if your teams lose! So, the Jungle is for responsible people.
• If you like to being protected and carry the games the most, go for ADC, you'll do the most physical damage, will shot the enemys down and can kite (Shoot and walk) if are in trouble. If you can stay safe and like to Basical Attacks, go for ADC.
• If you want to protect, guarantee vision, being the babysitter of the fragiles, Support is your function. You should ward, remove vision, protect your carries, die for them, fuck the enemy life with your skills and be the hero of the day by your heal or shield! The Support is the most important fuction, in my view, because He is which protect the team. An awesome support will make the game easy for his team, in low-elos.
• Notes: Please, never give up and always try to reach your goals. I played less than 1 Year and reached Gold with my blood and sweat. I was an very horrible player and now I'm considered one of best players that my friends plays. I'm only an Gold One, but that tips had worked for me and may work for you. I just wanted to make an guide about it, for help you guys to reach the same I've reached. Good luck on your gold road and the most important: Never give up.
Edited by UMR, 13 December 2015 - 01:36 AM.