• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

I got this on my mail today and it's pretty much the only thing I care about Christmas (online surveys know me so well).

1. Do you have any traditional lunch or dinner?

2. Do you follow your country traditions or your family have their own traditional foods/drinks? If so, which ones?

3. Do you cook all your food or just buy everything at last minute already prepared?

3. What's your favourite Christmas food (candies may be included)?

4. What's your favourite Christmas drink?

5. What's your least favourite (as in, you absolutely hate it and it should be eradicated from existence) Christmas food?

6. And drink?

7. After the festivities, do you regret the quantity and quality of food/drinks you shove down your throat or #yolo an #noregrets all the way?

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:33 AM

A stuffed dead bird. Delicious meat.

2. Do you follow your country traditions or your family have their own traditional foods/drinks? If so, which ones?

I don't think Canada has traditional food? Kinda like England except not as posh.

3. Do you cook all your food or just buy everything at last minute already prepared?

Cook...ing? My mom does it all, lol.

3. What's your favourite Christmas food (candies not included)?

HAM.

Motherfucking eggnog. Wish it was sold all year like minieggs are now.

5. What's your least favourite (as in, you absolutely hate it and it should be eradicated from existence) Christmas food?

Christmas cake. Fruit cake.

6. And drink?

All I drink is eggnog so no?

7. After the festivities, do you regret the quantity and quality of food/drinks you shove down your throat or #yolo an #noregrets all the way?

Hell no. I'll take an eggnog related coma/death.

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

We have dinner which is either Ham or Prime Rib

I don't know what is traditional? We have our own traditional foods -see above answer-

We prep and cook our own food for either immediate family or bigger family potluck

Prime Rib

Water? I find eggnog disgusting. Although by Christmas I'm still enjoying pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee

5. What's your least favourite (as in, you absolutely hate it and it should be eradicated from existence) Christmas food?

Green beans? Idk do people eat those, my family does a casserole and I dislike it.

6. And drink?

Eggnog

NORAGRETS! ROLL ME HOME

#4 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

Dinner on the 24th and lunch on the 25th.

I guess we follow the country traditions.

We cook everything.

Stuffed chicken/turkey.

Don't have one lol.

The rice with raisins. 

6. And drink?

Don't have one.

#noregrets haha.

#5 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

Turkey dinner my house on Christmas day and then boxing day turkey dinner again at grandparents

I think we just follow the countries traditions, except the drunk part, my family are all alcoholics

Cook everything

Stuffing! (or my Grandmas casserole, it's delish)

Gingerale and cranberry juice for the longest time, until I realized I wasn't sick from eating too much food, I was just allergic to cranberries

Turnip, disgusting

6. And drink?

Eggnog

#noregrets #thebeatisunleashed

#6 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

I edited the OP, because... "no candies included"? Wtf was I thinking excluding the best part of this season festivities? I apologize for any trauma or offense. It was not my intention and I'll be severely punished.

#7 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:58 AM

We have roast duck.

We have a roast dinner, although duck rather than turkey. We get abysmally drunk throughout the whole season.

I cook absolutely everything.

3. What's your favourite Christmas food (candies not included)?
Pigs in blankets. I don't understand why they're not a year-round food.

I will live off scotch and champagne (not together).

5. What's your least favourite (as in, you absolutely hate it and it should be eradicated from existence) Christmas food?
Brussel sprouts. Urgh.

6. And drink?
Mulled wine, the smell of it makes me feel sick.

I don't really over-indulge so I never really feel anything.

#8 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

Mmmm no, maybe roasted turkey? one xmas dinner was a meal from Mcdonalds... i was alone, in another country, stuck on an airport in Atlanta

in my country we dont have traditions xD and my family... neither. oh wait, in my country we drink something like eggnog 

always cook. 

3. What's your favourite Christmas food (candies may be included)?

cookies ! gingerbread houses too ! 

i dont have one

i hate "Pan de pascua" with candies fruits, in fact, i hate candied fruits ! grossssss ! 
ps: if you dont know what is pan de pascua, here is something at wikipedia 

https://en.wikipedia...i/Pan_de_Pascua

6. And drink?

Every fucking drink with alcohol is best, so, i dont have a least fav drink.

Fuck summer body ! eat everything #YOLO (its summer here bitches. )

#9 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

I relate to some of the things you wrote, as I'll eagerly demonstrate below.

Yep. Dinner on the 24th and lunch on the 25th.

We follow mostly Portuguese traditions, I guess. We have cod for dinner (on the 24th) with some steamed veggies, although it's not only consumed during this time of year. We eat a lot of shellfish too. At lunch on the 25th we usually have roasted turkey and duck.

This season is mostly an excuse for us to drink (not that we needed it). We have so many drinks it's insane. Mostly homemade fruit liqueurs, like Ginjinha (made with cherry, sugar and the most strong aguardente we can find) served in chocolate cups, Amarguinha or Amêndia Amarga, made with almonds. Pear, apple, grape liqueurs are also common.

Everything is homemade.

Definitely the turkey and the duck. And almost every single dessert (we have dozens probably more close to a hundred).

Ginjinha with those amazing chocolate cups and the Amarguinha.

CRYSTALLIZED FRUIT. I don't even understand why such thing exists. It makes no sense why people like this abomination, and definitive measures should be taken to spare the world of this mutation.

6. And drink?

Champagne. I'm glad we don't have it as a tradition in this house.

No regrets. I see this holiday as the perfect excuse to eat and drink everything all the time and not be mocked to do it like a man.

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:13 PM

We make breakfast casserole every year. My grandmother did it with nasty ass grits, but now that I'm an adult, I switched grits for hashbrowns and everyone is happy.

lol traditions #merica

cook it

peppermint anything

egg nog with rum

grits

6. And drink?

hot cocoa

all of it

#11 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:41 PM

• Yes, here in home we have always lunch or dinner.

• What tradition? Watch Globo? No, thanks. I prefeer to donate basic cests for the hoboos.

:/ I don't cook or buy. My sweet grandma always do.

• "Rabanada". An candy bread.

• Coke.

• Litchi. That's very gross.

6. And drink?

• Hmmm, water? I only drink coke and champagne at Christmas xD

• I don't give a fuck about how much I eat, but I care about the quality, of course. It's an one-time-year event, we should eat, eat, eat, get drunk and enjoy.

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

Sometimes we'll get Chinese/Asian food. Because I don't celebrate Christmas and Chinese/asian food places are one of the few places open on Christmas. 

I don't know if the US has an country traditions, and we don't really have traditions. We just eat whatever we want to. 

Usually it's a mix, unless we go out. 

Cookies because I like icing

Gingerbread latte. If the pumpkin spice latte doesn't count. 

Peppermint. 

6. And drink?

Haven't had a ton of drinks, so I don't really dislike anything that I know of. 

Nope, as we don't have big dinners. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the most, important, stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users