Quantcast

Photo

Can I use multiple programs from the Program Manager at once?

abrosia program managaer

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 jpopdog

jpopdog
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

I was wondering if it would be possible to use multiple programs at once, or if that increases the risk of getting iced. For example, I just used NeonAP to price items in my shop, and now I'd like to AB. If I open Abrosia, doesn't it have to login a second time into my Neopets account, and therefore be suspicious? Or is that not the case?

I do have another question regarding the Program Manager. Whenever I open it up, it always lists my Neopoints as question marks. Is this normal?

Thanks guys!

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:38 AM

You can have two programs open at the same time, but I wouldn't be using both at the same time. Use the shop pricer, save the prices, and when it's done, use Abrosia. I wouldn't be pricing while using Abrosia. You can't really legitly price your shop and restock at the same time. Having two open at the same time, but only using one should be fine, since you're really only doing one thing at a time since only one program is actually running.

As for the neopoints, I believe that part of the manager does not work, so the question marks are normal. 

#3 jpopdog

jpopdog
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

It is possible, but it would be risky. You can't legitly price your shop and AB at the same time, so it would look very odd I would think. You can have two programs open at the same time though, but I wouldn't be using both at the same time. Use the shop pricer, save the prices, and when it's done, use Abrosia.

As for the neopoints, I believe that part of the manager does not work, so the question marks are normal. 

Thanks for your reply! That's what I mean, if I could use one and then open another. I knew it would be too risky to run both at the same time, I should have reworded that.

I do have another question: does the program manager log me in each time I open a new program?

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for your reply! That's what I mean, if I could use one and then open another. I knew it would be too risky to run both at the same time, I should have reworded that.

I do have another question: does the program manager log me in each time I open a new program?

I'm not exactly sure on that, but I don't believe so. If you're already logged into one program I imagine it wouldn't have to log in again. The manager can't be logged into two neopets accounts at the same time, so I can't imagine it would have to log in twice. The only part of the manager that can use multiple accounts at once is the score sender, and it logs into all the accounts at the same time. 

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:55 AM

The Program Manager is the one which is actually logged in, all the individual programs share that login. ;)

#6 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:00 AM

I've been using the various programs in the program manager simultaneously and it's been working fine.

#7 koutei

koutei
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

I've been using the various programs in the program manager simultaneously and it's been working fine.

"Simultaneously", as in open at the same time, or running at the same time? If the latter that sounds hella risky.

#8 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

Running. I feel like they don't care unless you're reported.

#9 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

I dunno, I'm fairly sure other users here have been frozen for having multiple programs running at the same time. I've done it probably 10 or so times on accident (ABing and Shop pricing) but I don't think it's a good idea to do it consistently. 

I mean, just think about it. Could a human RS three items in 10 seconds while simultaneously playing a game of pyramids? It's highly unlikely.

Edited by Kass, 03 January 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#10 Cnourinha

Cnourinha
  • 179 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:10 AM

Oh I didn't know that I can use two programs at the same time!  *-*

#11 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

Wow this seems super risky, for how long do you keep 2+ running at the time?

#12 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

You guys really overestimate the new TNT. I have been running 4/5 at the same time for months now and so far so good.

#13 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

You guys really overestimate the new TNT. I have been running 4/5 at the same time for months now and so far so good.

I'm still scared! I remember the old days of TNT where they froze people for literally nothing... :(

I wish they didn't care enough to unfreeze my old account :K I want my av collector av and mspp card back, i dont even care that the card isnt worth anything anymore haha it has sentimental value

#14 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:51 AM

I'm still scared! I remember the old days of TNT where they froze people for literally nothing... :(

I wish they didn't care enough to unfreeze my old account :K I want my av collector av and mspp card back, i dont even care that the card isnt worth anything anymore haha it has sentimental value

I don't think they'll do that lol but rest assure they barely care anymore to freeze your accounts nowadays.

#15 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:07 PM

Yeahh, these days JS's TNT seems to have relaxed the old TNT strictness. They don't seem to be actually checking on suspicious activity any more. They're still doing freezing, but mostly just for reported cases and/or people saying disagreeble things on Neoboards. :rolleyes:

#16 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

I remember I used to start two instances of abrosia from the same program manager in 2014, so that I can ab 2 shops at once.

#17 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

It's possible and we *can* get away with it. When I used to use Abrosia on my main I always had the Pyramids AP running at the same time - I did this for months. Nothing ever happened and my main is still intact. It's risky, and I don't recommend anyone to follow my example, but it's doable.

#18 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:06 AM

Honestly @Katya, from the legit point of view that doesn't seem to farfetched from happening normally. You're legit restocking, refresh the shop, nothing, make a couple moves in a non timed game in a different tab while you wait a little boy, refresh shop, buy, make moves while you wait again. That seems plausible...maybe not exactly with 6 sec refresh times and simultaneous page loads occurring frequently, but still somewhat plausible. But I do agree...they haven't done much lately unless it's reported or blowing up on the boards.

#19 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

Honestly @Katya, from the legit point of view that doesn't seem to farfetched from happening normally. You're legit restocking, refresh the shop, nothing, make a couple moves in a non timed game in a different tab while you wait a little boy, refresh shop, buy, make moves while you wait again. That seems plausible...maybe not exactly with 6 sec refresh times and simultaneous page loads occurring frequently, but still somewhat plausible. But I do agree...they haven't done much lately unless it's reported or blowing up on the boards.

It's not plauaible when you're using the refresh rates I was using. :rolleyes:
And this was in a pre-JS era too.

#20 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:04 AM

In JS era pretty much anything is acceptable  :lol2: I had no idea we could run more than 1 program  :o  Time to SS whilst AB'ing  :wub:  Maximize profit rate 

#21 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:06 AM

In JS era pretty much anything is acceptable :lol2: I had no idea we could run more than 1 program :o Time to SS whilst AB'ing :wub: Maximize profit rate

With the luck you have.... :rolleyes:

#22 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:07 AM

With the luck you have.... :rolleyes:

Let's see what happens  :lol2: But I guess it should be fine 

#23 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut