• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

This is a ten part series documentary on Netflix about Steve Avery. If you haven't watched it, it's a really awesome documentary, whether you believe Avery is guilty or not. This documentary was put together over a decade using public court records, interviews, etc. 

On to the fun stuff -- what do you think happened? Do you believe Steve Avery murdered Teresa Halbach? Do you believe that police may have planted evidence in Avery's trailer? What you do think of Brendan Dassey and the misconduct of police interviewing an obviously mentally deficient young boy, alone, without neutral adult supervision or a lawyer? 

Feel free to answer whatever you want. Add your own speculations, thoughts, feelings etc.

Overall, my husband and I were infuriated by this entire documentary. We don't really know if Avery is guilty or not but there was some serious misconduct here. The situation with Brendan Dassey depressed me the most. 

Here is the reddit:

Reddit

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

I don't really have any input on this because I don't even know who Steve Avery is, but I have to say this. I though the title said "Making a Murder Decision" (it's 5:30 AM). That scared me a little.

#3 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

I don't really have any input on this because I don't even know who Steve Avery is, but I have to say this. I though the title said "Making a Murder Decision" (it's 5:30 AM). That scared me a little.

Sorry not sorry.  :rolleyes: 

It's 2:36 am here. We're finishing the documentary and I thought it'd be fun to discuss it here, since no one had made a thread yet. xD

#4 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:25 AM

Guys a cunt who likes to burn small animals alive, rape and burglarise people. Anything bad that happens to him is completely justified.

#5 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:38 AM

I think it's entirely possible he killed her, but the prosecution didn't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt (or even come relatively close to doing so IMO). Not to mention the Manitowoc County Sheriffs Department had every reason to go above and beyond to ensure his conviction. I don't think he should have been convicted in the first place, so in light of this documentary, I hope his conviction is eventually overturned.

Brendan is a completely different story. He should've never been involved in any of this in the first place, so naturally I feel he deserves to be released as well.

#6 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

I don't really know anything about this case, but I will share a few thoughts. I love that our court system is (ideally) set up so that innocence is the assumption, and guilt needs to be proven. Whenever cases appear to do things wrong, or not prove guilt well enough, it really frightens me to see that the person can end up in prison. I don't like that it sets a precedence, it is a slippery slope, among other things. Also, I have similar sentiments of hatred of "Well, he does (thing) which makes him a bad person, so I am glad he got convicted of (other thing) even though he wasn't guilty of (other thing)" for the same reasons. It isn't constitutional.

#7 JustinHoodMusic

JustinHoodMusic
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

I feel like I am the only person that hated this show :/

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:44 PM

I feel like I am the only person that hated this show :/

Please try not to necro threads. The last post was over 5 months ago. 

#9 meody

meody
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

I stopped watching at the cat torture part, that monster belongs in jail. I just cant feel any compassion towards a person who would hurt an innocent defencless animal just for fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users