Can't play shockwave game?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's a game section, right?

I have been trying to play The Return of the Return of Dr Sloth and can't get it to work, keeps giving me an error message but I can play any of the other games on Neopets. I can play it using Firefox, but my score never sends, it just goes black and turns back into the main menu. I'm actually really good at this game and would stand a good chance of getting a trophy by playing legit which would be awesome so I was wondering if anyone on here has figured out a work around to get this game to load? I've tried several other browsers, IE can't support Neopets, it crashes (figures though) I installed Opera Browser and I get an error stating it cannot run the plug in and haven't figured that out either, and I'm usually pretty good with computers. Anyone help please?

Apologize for this stupid blue font, I can't stand it but it happens when I hit the question mark key

Edited by Waser Lave, 07 January 2016 - 01:24 PM.
I don't even know how you managed to do that. :P

#2 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

me neither. maybe all shockwave games are broken ?

#3 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

I can play every other game on the site except the only one I actually want to play lol

I sent in a ticket yesterday and got that they're working on it, but it's been broken for as long as I can remember, also can play it on Firefox browser, just can't send scores because it's lame like that

#4 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

I can play every other game on the site except the only one I actually want to play lol
I sent in a ticket yesterday and got that they're working on it, but it's been broken for as long as I can remember, also can play it on Firefox browser, just can't send scores because it's lame like that

I had the same problem with Firefox for a similar game. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Opera because that was the game I eventually got it to work on. That's what I'd say your best bet is, because neo support isn't exactly very reliable lol

Edited by Kass, 07 January 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#5 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:31 PM

No, Neo support totally sucks

I actually went and neomailed a bunch of users who have managed to play the game this month, and if you look at the high score table for this one, it's pretty sad that only 7 or 8 users have been able to play it, and all of them have said that it stopped working today for all of them, which is funny because I sent in a ticket about it today so I'm HOPING that means that they are working on fixing it because that game is my favourite, brings back memories of me playing games instead of doing productive things my parents always asked me to do lol

#6 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

I haven't been able to play them in Firefox or Internet Explorer in years. I've been able to play them fairly consistently in Safari on Windows, and sometimes on Opera. Often they will not launch first try, I recommend trying Hannah and the Ice Caves first, and once that is running launch the game you want to play. For some reason that makes it actually load the other game.

#7 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

I'm able to play on firefox but the scores won't send no not worth. I used to be able to play and send the scores on safari but lately it hasn't been working, Tried a couple different versions of shockwave but no help. Tried with Opera what i just meantioned and also no luck. Out of ideas here  :S

#8 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on it for the time being, I'll get over it haha I just can't understand how they can let a game go so long without working 

#9 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

Doesn't surprise me at all  :ohwell: They can't fix anything  :rolleyes:

#10 Cnourinha

Cnourinha
  • 179 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:30 PM

I had the same problem... I tried a lot of things, but now I just gave up  :unsure:

#11 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, I think the Shockwave games are so outdated that any hope of support for them is gone. Maybe the new team will take the time to redo them in Flash or something more modern, but somehow I think they're just going to go the way of the Game Graveyard.

#12 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:42 PM

Few people can run shockwave at the moment (HST is a proof). TNT will probably not fix it as well.

#13 TrashcanV3

TrashcanV3
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

I'm using chrome and have no problems. Maybe try changing to another browser?

#14 xoxdaft

xoxdaft
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

I had problems playing with it too, but I upgraded the shockwave player in Chrome and it seems to be working now? May give that a go?

#15 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

I'm using chrome and have no problems. Maybe try changing to another browser?

I had problems playing with it too, but I upgraded the shockwave player in Chrome and it seems to be working now? May give that a go?

What version of Chrome are you two running?

#16 crystalize

crystalize
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:25 PM

I'm using chrome and shockwave doesn't work for me even with updates :(

#17 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

What version of Chrome are you two running?

IIRC chrome stopped NPAPI plugins on version 42. So maybe try to find the last build 41? :p Gonna give that a go ._.

#18 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

IIRC chrome stopped NPAPI plugins on version 42. So maybe try to find the last build 41? :p Gonna give that a go ._.

Let me know how it goes. I've been trying for weeks to get them to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users