Foods You Love

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

To match the Foods You Hate thread.

Hard Mode: List a food that is 'abnormal' to love.  Ice cream is a normal food to love, Bacon Ice cream is not.  Cucumbers most people are neutral about, some people love them, are you?

I love Nori, which is the dry seaweed that goes around sushi.  Love it.

#2 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

Normal food I love (as an Argentinian): Milanesas

milanesas_de_carne_13_3.4.51_326X580.Jpe

Abnormal "food" I love: Mint chocolate chip ice cream (At least among most people I know, it is abnormal and I love it)

Green-Mint-Chocolate-Chip-Ice-Cream-colo

Edited by Scavi, 08 January 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

I love all kinds of things. I love crackers. I love beans (made basically any way). I love meat. I love potatoes.

The "abnormal" food I love is raw liver. I adore raw liver, especially if it's not freezer burnt or anything. It's sweet and amazing and so much better than cooked.

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

@Scavi I hate milanesas. I can only tolerate it when it's chicken, but meat... the thing always gets loose and it's just not good.

Uhhh, food I love... Most italian foods, meat, black beans (not feijoada, blerg)... It's hard to talk about food I love, because there's a lot lol. I love most fruits too, my favorite being probably watermelon. And avocado. I know that a lot of people hate it in this forum, but it's great.

Edit: I wrote abacate instead of avocado lol

#5 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

Normal food I love (as an Argentinian): Milanesas

If someone doesn't like panados, they should die.

I'm so bland, there's nothing "abnormal" I like.

Hm. Wait, maybe pasta with mustard? If someone can consider pasta with anything an "abnormal" food...

@Swarley who does milan... panados with any other meat than chicken??

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

@Swarley who does milan... panados with any other meat than chicken??

Heh, we call them empanados (or à milanesa). People here do, for some reason. It's gross, the meat doesn't stay "glued" to the thing, unlike chicken.

#7 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

@Scavi I hate milanesas. I can only tolerate it when it's chicken, but meat... the thing always gets loose and it's just not good.

From my experience living in Brazil, your milanesas are nothing compared to ours :p you should try them out if you get the chance

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

From my experience living in Brazil, your milanesas are nothing compared to ours :p you should try them out if you get the chance

My family does them really great, it's more because of me :p But sure, if I ever leave this country and visit Argentina, I'll give it a try :p

#9 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

Heh, we call them empanados (or à milanesa). People here do, for some reason. It's gross, the meat doesn't stay "glued" to the thing, unlike chicken.

I've tried it pork once, and that happened. Even if I could put that aside, it didn't taste very well either. It felt like... an abomination, like something unholy I've created and set free in the world to witness its destruction. Never again.

What's so especial about them? As in, ingredients lol

@Swarley how do you call these? Those are our empanadas or empadas, if they're round.

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

A few foods I love: pizza, ice cream, pasta, and all sorts of veggies. Oh and taco's!!

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

@Swarley how do you call these? Those are our empanadas or empadas, if they're round.

The first looks like what we call pastel. And the second would be empadas (or empadinhas when they're small :p). If they are what they look like, they're completely different foods xD I love shrimp pastel.

#12 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

What's so especial about them? As in, ingredients lol

They are basically steaks covered with a mixture of breadcumbs and eggs. Then you fried them (it sounds weird but it's something like KFC chicken)

And those are Empanadas, typical dish in Argentina. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember those being called pastéis in Brazil

#13 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:04 PM

The first looks like what we call pastel. And the second would be empadas (or empadinhas when they're small :p). If they are what they look like, they're completely different foods xD I love shrimp pastel.

We call the first ones pastel (or rissol) too, depending on what's inside "pastel/rissol de frango", "rissol de camarão", etc.

Usually the first ones are fried and the others are baked. They all are delicious :p

They are basically steaks covered with a mixture of breadcumbs and eggs. Then you fried them (it sounds weird but it's something like KFC chicken)

And those are Empanadas, typical dish in Argentina. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember those being called pastéis in Brazil

Oh, so it's just like ours, but only with chicken or turkey! I thought they would have some different ingredients. I usually add some coriander to the breadcrumbs or a pinch of powdered garlic. The only difference is that most of the times I cover the meat with a bit of flour before the eggs and the breadcrumbs to make it more crunchy (not everyone does this tho).

I'm hungry. Again.

#14 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

We call the first ones pastel (or rissol) too, depending on what's inside "pastel/rissol de frango", "rissol de camarão", etc.

Usually the first ones are fried and the others are baked. They all are delicious :p

Oh, so it's just like ours, but only with chicken or turkey! I thought they would have some different ingredients. I usually add some coriander to the breadcrumbs or a pinch of powdered garlic. The only difference is that most of the times I cover the meat with a bit of flour before the eggs and the breadcrumbs to make it more crunchy (not everyone does this tho).

I'm hungry. Again.

Do something nice for your post #5000 :lol2:

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

We call the first ones empanadas here too.

#16 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

Carne asada fries. Id eat them every day if it wouldn't kill me.

#17 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

This thread is making me hungry  :shutup:

I love pasta, gnocchi, pierogi and stuff like that

The closest to abnormal I can think of is pasta with tuna and tomato sauce, and bubblegum ice cream. <3

#18 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

Abnormal "food" I love: Mint chocolate chip ice cream (At least among most people I know, it is abnormal and I love it)

Green-Mint-Chocolate-Chip-Ice-Cream-colo

Fellow mint choc ice cream lover. I get asked a lot on why I like eating toothpaste :<

#19 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

I love me some spaghetti, sweet potatoes, eggs, and sushi (except eel.  Eel's gross.)

As for abnormal food... um, fried ice cream.

#20 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:07 PM

Mint Chocolate Ice Cream <3

I love Too much Strognoff. That's my favorite indeed. I also love Pasta, Lasagna, Pizza, MEAT MEAT, Japanase food, Chinese Food, Mexican Food, Feijoada, All type of Meat, Sausage, Potatos, Cheese..
Everything that isn't fruits :p

I love me some spaghetti, sweet potatoes, eggs, and sushi (except eel. Eel's gross.)

As for abnormal food... um, fried ice cream.

Squid is horrible..

#21 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

Squid is horrible..

You're probably eating it with the wrong sauce. :p

#22 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

You're probably eating it with the wrong sauce. :p

I ated with Shoyu, Agridoce, Salt D: I hated it...

Edited by UMR, 08 January 2016 - 09:40 PM.

#23 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

@UMR no, you're right, squid is awful. It's like eating gum that doesn't taste like gum D:

Also, strogonoff... so good *drools* I had that for lunch today :p

#24 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:08 AM

@UMR no, you're right, squid is awful. It's like eating gum that doesn't taste like gum D:
Also, strogonoff... so good *drools* I had that for lunch today :p

Squi is horrible ;-; Fried or Cold, both taste bad, ew.
Really? Me tol \*^*/ Chiken Strognoff + Potatos + Rice + Veggies + Cola <3 An super combination. Veggies are optional. u.u

Edited by UMR, 09 January 2016 - 04:08 AM.

#25 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

Normal food: Potatoes in every form, chili con carne, fajitas, curries. My bowel movements are interesting.

Unusual: Can't think of anything tbh. Oreo milkshakes maybe? My friends feel sick after a sip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users