• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:48 AM

So I finally finished the signature I'd been working on the last few days. Wanted to try a different style... Definitely different, so please send some feedback my way if at all interested :)

*points below*

#2 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

So I finally finished the signature I'd been working on the last few days. Wanted to try a different style... Definitely different, so please send some feedback my way if at all interested :)

*points below*

I'm no graphics maker myself so you'll have to take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I like it. The position, the colours (or lack thereof) and the simplicity. The only thing that kind of irks me a little bit is that there seems to be a white outline on the right side of her hair but not on the left side. So the left side of her hair seems to be disappearing or fading into the black blob. But that's the only small thing I could find that I personally would change. 

What is your usual style?

#3 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:32 AM

I'm no graphics maker myself so you'll have to take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I like it. The position, the colours (or lack thereof) and the simplicity. The only thing that kind of irks me a little bit is that there seems to be a white outline on the right side of her hair but not on the left side. So the left side of her hair seems to be disappearing or fading into the black blob. But that's the only small thing I could find that I personally would change. 

What is your usual style?

Well I tried making the signature different and attempted to make it actually look as if she, the character (Ruka, Steins Gate) was actually being blended out and was therefore trying to make the background look as if she was creating it. The only reason I left a flat white colour silhouette of her behind her a few pixels to the right was to keep her from looking just a little too flat and to keep her, the render from being lost in the image... lol

Below is a bunch of my previous signatures. They're not in any specific order but I think they're all from between 2009 and now. I could probably date them by memory, or most of them but I've had to use recovery tools on dead hard drives about 3 times now and sadly they don't save the time stamp info on the files they recover. @Octopus

Spoiler

#4 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:00 AM

Well I tried making the signature different and attempted to make it actually look as if she, the character (Ruka, Steins Gate) was actually being blended out and was therefore trying to make the background look as if she was creating it. The only reason I left a flat white colour silhouette of her behind her a few pixels to the right was to keep her from looking just a little too flat and to keep her, the render from being lost in the image... lol

Below is a bunch of my previous signatures. They're not in any specific order but I think they're all from between 2009 and now. I could probably date them by memory, or most of them but I've had to use recovery tools on dead hard drives about 3 times now and sadly they don't save the time stamp info on the files they recover. @Octopus

Spoiler

See, that's why you should take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

Oh wow, those are some amazing signatures. Especially the Effex one.

#5 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

See, that's why you should take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

Oh wow, those are some amazing signatures. Especially the Effex one.

Which was it you liked? There's 2 Effex ones haha...

0gOcnzL.png

#6 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:21 AM

Which was it you liked? There's 2 Effex ones haha...

0gOcnzL.png

The 7th one. Dude holding a bamf gun thingy.

#7 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

The 7th one. Dude holding a bamf gun thingy.

Oh thanks, I think I made that 1 sometime in 2011 or early 2012 if memory serves. If you were at all after a signature feel free to find a render and send it to me via a PM. Or just plonk it here in a reply with some specifications you think you'd like and I could give it a go for you :)

#8 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

Oh thanks, I think I made that 1 sometime in 2011 or early 2012 if memory serves. If you were at all after a signature feel free to find a render and send it to me via a PM. Or just plonk it here in a reply with some specifications you think you'd like and I could give it a go for you :)

You're welcome. :) I'd love to get a signature made by you, thank you! Off I go render hunting...

#9 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

You're welcome. :) I'd love to get a signature made by you, thank you! Off I go render hunting...

Its 3:08am and I'm watching the ending episodes of Steins Gate.. so if you're lucky I might get to your render early this morning... Although I do have work at around 2pm tomorrow and I do need a bit of sleep :p

#10 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

Its 3:08am and I'm watching the ending episodes of Steins Gate.. so if you're lucky I might get to your render early this morning... Although I do have work at around 2pm tomorrow and I do need a bit of sleep :p

Oh have fun! And no stress, you better get your sleep first. 

#11 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

the blur on top of the text looks kinda awkward to me compared to the rest of the piece which are sharpened. is it intentional?  also, i think it will look a whole lot better with color. your previous works are all so colorful and extravagant, but this one i feel is a little held-back.

#12 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

It looks nice, but the change halfway through the word makes it look more like "Mara" than "Maha" at a glance. I suggest changing where the transition is, or just having the word over a completely dark or light area, so there's no need for a transition.

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

Who is Mara?

#14 avin2999

avin2999
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

Who is Mara?

#15 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

Who is Mara?

I'm sorry, but did you even try?

#16 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

I'm sorry, but did you even try?

Yeah, they're trying really hard...Trying my patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users