• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

I know they're technically old news and all, but... this is probably the first year I took some sort of interest in it and watched a couple of clips on YouTube.

I loved Ricky Gervais' opening speech, and I love how everyone just laughed it off even though he seems so dead serious about his message. Jim Carrey's speech gave me quite a good laugh as well.

Gaga's speech made me feel embarassed and uncomfortable, idk why. It felt like she could hyperventilate at any time. Seeing as she's someone with lots of stage experience, this kind of nervousity and panic seems so over-acted.

giphy.gif

Oh and they're apparently beefing now. Because yeah. Very beefworthy.

So eh, discuss eh?

#2 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:01 AM

I watched like the first hour as it was on for background noise and was mostly interested in the jokes Ricky Gervais would say. 

Regarding Gaga and Leo, he already explained that it had nothing to with Gaga and his reaction was that due to him being surprised she walked by/bumped him because he wasn't expecting it. No feud there.

#3 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

Holy shit, is that Gaga?

Anyways, maybe she was feeling emotional?  I mean, she was a fan of Bowie and the news of what happened came out at the same time.  Stars are people like us, especially Gaga who tries to keep her feet on the ground.  If we're messed up about his death she could have been too.

More farcically: She's not in one of her costumes/epic makeup and maybe she's feeling exposed because of it?

Edited by DregsandDregs, 13 January 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#4 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

Gaga using a normal dress... end of the world

#5 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

I think he was joking at her nomination or whatever, she heard it and then when she won she did that. He would never tell that he was doing that tho.

#6 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

Holy shit, is that Gaga?

Anyways, maybe she was feeling emotional?  I mean, she was a fan of Bowie and the news of what happened came out at the same time.  Stars are people like us, especially Gaga who tries to keep her feet on the ground.  If we're messed up about his death she could have been too.

More farcically: She's not in one of her costumes/epic makeup and maybe she's feeling exposed because of it?

Yeah I reckon she was a little emotional due to this... 

I mean my boss the other day said he wasn't a Bowie fan, however as a Lady Gaga fan he said that throughout the years, he'd come to acknowledge Bowie as being the Lady Gaga of his time... I understood what he said, not sure if what he said or what I remember him saying make sense but to me it does. 

I only saw a few bits while on break at work :3

#7 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:37 PM

the gif really made me lol!

i don't watch the golden globes. i've been confusing it with the oscars for the longest time. i did watch some clips here and there in youtube tho. ricky gervais speech is a little too much at times, but i did enjoy it. i'm happy with the recognition "the revenant" received. i watched it a couple of days ago and that movie is hands down the best movie for me in 2015. that bear mauling scene is so gory and perfect. i really hope leonardo will finally clinch his first oscar win. he really deserves it!

#8 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:16 PM

I wouldn't concider myself a Lady Gaga fan, but I did really enjoy when she hosted SNL I thought some of the skits were really funny and she did well. I noticed in the past year or so her current look has been more time capsule glam since she was doing a collaboration album with some old singers (cheek to cheek?) So that would explain her dress. 

Leo's expression is just lol. That gif makes me so uncomfortable.

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

I actually couldn't stand Ricky Gervais D:

#10 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

I actually couldn't stand Ricky Gervais D:

Wow, I think he's fairly annoying but he's good at it. Haha, his ad's for Optus here in Australia are brilliantly stupid haha But then again the first movie I remember him, being him in was Night at the Museum so I could just be biased due to childhood :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users