TNT allowing us to buy duped items!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hi Country Queen, I would love to buy some expensive items such as the MSPP TCG to lend to people. I finally have enough nps and I am so excited, but sadly people have warned me that it may not be safe to buy rare items and that I could be risking my account if I buy one - can you please let us know if we can buy these high end items without fear of being frozen. ~ username removed

Hi there! So, this one is a little hard to give a blanket answer to, because unfortunately not everyone is as nice and honest as you! For the most part though, you should be okay. If you're a rule-abiding player not partaking in any suspicious activity and buy a high-end item for a fair price, then we shouldn't have any reason to suspect you of any wrongdoing! Even if the item you purchased was wrongfully obtained by the person you bought it from, if you're clear, you won't be frozen, but the trade might be reversed.

http://www.neopets.c...orial&issue=715

Any thoughts? It's just me or it does look like TNT doesn't really know which items are dupe or not and couldn't care less anymore?

Edited by Brunno, 17 January 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

Maybe it's both. Maybe they can't tell which items are duped, and they just don't care anymore if they are duped. They're tired of getting reports like "THIS ITEM IS DUPED. FREEZE THIS USER!!!!", so they just gave up. 

That "fair price" thing though. How do they know what a fair price for an item is? That's entirely subjective, and a horrible way to decide whether or not to reverse a trade or freeze someone.

Edited by QueenLoki, 17 January 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#3 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Maybe it's both. Maybe they can't tell which items are duped, and they just don't care anymore if they are duped. They're tired of getting reports like "THIS ITEM IS DUPED. FREEZE THIS USER!!!!", so they just gave up. 

That "fair price" thing though. How do they know what a fair price for an item is? That's entirely subjective, and a horrible way to decide whether or not to reverse a trade or freeze someone.

Right? I wonder if the "fair price" is the price the item used to cost before the dupe day... so, you should still buy SuAPs for 1b? No sense.

#4 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Right? I wonder if the "fair price" is the price the item used to cost before the dupe day... so, you should still buy SuAPs for 1b? No sense.

Nah, not really. As long as you don't buy one for like 10k or something :p Maybe ~30M+ and they won't even lift a finger. Its JS after all

#5 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

TNT is dumb as shit. Hahaha. I'm not surprised though honestly.

#6 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

So, as long as you pay the fair price and the seller account doesn't look like a empty shell account, the item will be original since now. Kay, then!

#7 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

They know if an item is duped or not, if we can see, they can too. They simply don't give a shit. And we, cheaters and dupe enthusiasts, appreciate that. :p

#8 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

so can we buy a SUAP now? I want one so badly :0

#9 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

so can we buy a SUAP now? I want one so badly :0

Yeah, TNT gave up!

#10 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

I don't know whether or not that's exactly the way to view this guys. Tnt has a knack for icing people for less than this and completely refusing to give the account back. Yeah you could potentially profit a bit, but be wary. I sense a bunch of frozen accounts resulting from that editorial.

Edited by Dont, 17 January 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#11 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

I don't know whether or not that's exactly the way to view this guys. Tnt has a knack for icing people for less than this and completely refusing to give the account back. Yeah you could potentially profit a bit, but be wary. I sense a bunch of frozen accounts resulting from that editorial.

I guess not. TNT is coming to conclusion that there are like 5 players left on the game! The freeze rate is lower these days.

Edited by Brunno, 18 January 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#12 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:10 AM

yeah I think they have some bigger battles to look at first IMO

#13 MariahPapaya

MariahPapaya
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

yeah they are basically falling apart after this jumpstart tryanny. they are too focoused on no getting sued for everything right now lol

#14 dboyisdanman

dboyisdanman
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

lol the bd chat is entertaining.  Suap's are selling like candy and sellers are rubbing it all over the faces of ppl that complains.  Who the hell cares anymore, TnT surely doesn't.  I mean who the hell has the time to make hundreds of millions a month and claims to be legit.  For the ppl that complains all the time, they should be blaming TnT for failing to fix the situation and for the state of the website of what it became.

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

Well, fuck you JumpStart. You're okay with this, but you have no problem in freezing me for a reason I don't even know what is.

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

ehhh.... you have the same chance of getting frozen either way just from playing Neopets. yolo

#17 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

ehhh.... you have the same chance of getting frozen either way just from playing Neopets. yolo

True story guys. I was iced for buying a lab map piece for 40k when I was 11. #stillbitter

#18 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

I used to get iced everytime once I'm a reckless cheater, but I haven't been frozen for at least 18 months, now, and I'm still just as reckless.

#19 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

Super interesting stuff.. I might even start playing more now with this news.. Because I tried playing again but Got creeper messages from randoms trying to say Im a shell xD

#20 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

Super interesting stuff.. I might even start playing more now with this news.. Because I tried playing again but Got creeper messages from randoms trying to say Im a shell xD

Avoid the boards like the plague. And put some bullshit note on your lookup, like: "Lost my main, starting over after an one year hiatus" and they believe it.

#21 DarthGreed

DarthGreed
  • 44 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

i think it'll be too much work on their part so basically...do whatever you want

#22 particulates

particulates
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

i think it'll be too much work on their part so basically...do whatever you want

I think they'll be looking out for ppl to freeze after that editorial, but they do need members to stay on the site especially with the lack of members nowadays.

#23 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

tbh I was thinking bout this the other day...

How many legit SUAPs are there left with active neoplayers id say maybe 3-8 tops currently the duped SUAPs are selling for 50m+ and are selling on non shell accounts.  Each time one of these gets sold thats 50m into the economy.  How many ppl pre the duping could afford to actualy buy a SUAP not many.

IF tnt can detect the duped SUAPs like ppl say the amount that are around now I would have thought would not be to hard for them to remove so I get back to what I was saying above is it not better to have multiple SUAPs selling for 50m and helping the economy (which has dived to lowest levels ever IMO) than having an economy that cant sustain buying or selling of SUAPs to these levels?

Anyways for me I would much rather they just tried to fix the BD rather than worried about duped SUAPs or not as it is still upto the user if they want to buy one or not.

I myself brought a duped SUAP for BD purposes I would never sell it but again thats just IMO :D

#24 Sylas

Sylas
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

Coming back after years of away.  This is crazy that people are able to dupe items now?  Has TNT calmed down on their "freeze everyone for breathing" policy or are accounts still frozen on the regular?

#25 tanjackson

tanjackson
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

How much is a SUAP worth now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users