212 replies to this topic

#101 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

gotcha.. my gears are turning.. I have a hunch.. I'll dig into it after work

here's what I think, something on codex refers to something off codex which will lead us in the, hopeful, right direction.

I could be totally wrong though.

Okay. I'm gonna start looking around. I have an idea what 19,044 might reference.

#102 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

Yeah but Rocket asked in the blog "Can we find more info about the questions on this website?" -- that could include anything and you said "no", even if it's not directly related to Codex specifically (such as words or phrases). Now you're saying the hints have to do with anything on Codex, even if it is not directly related to Codex specifically.

They key words are: "about the questions". It depends which questions are being referenced and as far as I can tell, there are no questions on the puzzle except for the introduction saying "can you solve the mystery?". 

#103 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

They key words are: "about the questions". It depends which questions are being referenced and as far as I can tell, there are no questions on the puzzle except for the introduction saying "can you solve the mystery?". 

Questions/Clues same difference 

#104 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

You really are a trickster.

:v

#105 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

Is anyone else actually getting worked up about this?

#106 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

Motherfuck.

Worked up? Nah. But I haven't really stopped thinking about it since he posted it. 

Edited by Coops, 19 January 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#107 SIGMA

SIGMA
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

Very. But my mind is but an empty expanse- no wait its a small soggy cardboard box..

#108 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:41 PM

There's no questions yet for me to answer at the moment.

You really are a trickster.

:v

*squints*

I see what you did there...

#109 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

Holy eff. I take a test today and come back to this topic blowing up. I haven't reread the OP with new hints. Ill try to think of some stuff

#110 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

I'm gonna ask this again because why not.

Are the answers/hints/clues related to your other puzzles?

#111 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

are "under 19,044" related about odds using a random letter?

i mean applying statistics about most used letters in english. 

EDIT: Letter frequency 

https://en.wikipedia...etter_frequency

i think i got 1 answer...

under 19,044 = 100101001100100 in binary.

traslating binary to text, we get JD (an abbreviation of Jack Daniels)

So, the answer to numbers 2 is Jack daniels? (it fits well :) )

EDIT again: i have so many ideas :( and nobody is posting to ask another question)

Edited by rauul, 19 January 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#112 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

EDIT again: i have so many ideas :( and nobody is posting to ask another question)

Well he did say "All I need is 5 and i'm gone" So he's saying he's a lightweight with JD?

Makes sense.... 

Is the word "Mystery" at all directly related to any of the answers (not to a question, but the 'mystery/puzzle' itself) ?

But then I don't exactly understand if he's numbering the hints per across or down, OR if @Kelvin has just listed them in the order he's given them? 

Are the hints numbered in a specific way pertaining to the across or down words? Or are they just listed in the order you've given them?

#113 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:43 PM

No.

Goddamn, I would never wish anything above the mathematical capabilities of a scientific calculator on any Codexian. That is amazing math, but too advanced math for anything in this puzzle.

[110,111,112]

#114 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

No.

Goddamn, I would never wish anything above the mathematical capabilities of a scientific calculator on any Codexian. That is amazing math, but too advanced math for anything in this puzzle.

[110,111,112]

i will take that as a hint to use scientific calculator. 

@Kelvin

is answer of #2 Misfits song? (from song we are 138.  138^2 = 19,044. "under 19,044" could be square root of 19044)

Edited by rauul, 19 January 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#115 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Well he did say "All I need is 5 and i'm gone" So he's saying he's a lightweight with JD?

Makes sense.... 

Is the word "Mystery" at all directly related to any of the answers (not to a question, but the 'mystery/puzzle' itself) ?

But then I don't exactly understand if he's numbering the hints per across or down, OR if @Kelvin has just listed them in the order he's given them? 

Are the hints numbered in a specific way pertaining to the across or down words? Or are they just listed in the order you've given them?

@Maha "Do the posted hints correlate with each portion of the puzzle? For example, hint #1 correlates with 1 across, hint #2 with 2 across and hint #3 with 1 down. No."

Okay for some reason it won't let me unbold shit. Anyways, are the first in one across and two across the same (as in "the first is driven" and "the first is equal")?

Also, @Kelvin, I just thought of something. The hints you gave us are relevant to Codex, as in they may lead us to the answers, none of these hints include the private and/or retired section of the forum right? Because some of us here would not be able to access those parts of the forum.

Edited by Coops, 19 January 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#116 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

I quit on this about 757829194848 english words ago.

#117 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

Wow, @Rauul, bravo on some of your thinking, even if @Kelvin says it is wrong.

Anyway, I just woke up from a much needed nap (exams with kid are much more intense than exams without kid) so I will just ask stupid questions to allow you people to ask good questions.

Is the bloodhound in the title referring to a dog?

#118 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

Since there is no rule against me asking a question about the hints twice in a row (the rule only applies to asking questions about the answers, since the hints came after rules and you did not make rules specifically for the hints given) nevermind, Kaddict asked a question does hint #1 have to do with you specifically, @Kelvin, as in, the two active links in your signature?

Edited by Coops, 19 January 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#119 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

This puzzle was initially a blog post, but now is its own general contest to see who can solve it first. To see the previous blog post, click here.

I have this puzzle I made. I bet you something valuable (and tangible to which I can deliver) on the line that no one will ever solve this puzzle. Anyone can who can view blogs and post replies in this blog post are allowed to participate. You just need to have the motivation to catch my furtiveness and may even need to do some research if you haven't tread this world. It doesn't matter if you're a staff member, regular member, advanced, or private. Eyeing this blog post overtime for new revelations from other members may help you solve the puzzle first. Can you solve this mystery?

I'll help you out. You can ask YES/NO Questions and I will pick and choose. Get the truth out of me--hopefully intelligently.

Don't be intimidated by numbers. You have both strength and friends in numbers.

RULES:

• To win, you must write out the three fill-ins of the crossword in any order in one post in this blog.
  • Anyone can ask YES/NO questions to get clues in solving this puzzle.
  • No one person can ask a YES/NO question twice in a row, however, asking a question at every other turn is permitted.
  • I am obligated to answer a YES/NO question for every three of such asked.
  • However, I can choose which YES/NO question to answer out of the pool. For example, after three questions, I would answer the any of the three, but after the six questions, I can answer any of the six, excluding the ones I previously answered.
  • You can ask any type of questions as well, but I'm not obligated to answer them, but I can if I want to.
  • If you catch me lying at any point regarding a response to a question and provide an explanation correctly defining my lie, then you automatically win and the puzzle ends without needing to find the solution.
  • There is no time limit on this puzzle, but if I'm gone from Codex for an extended time, assume the worse on this puzzle.
  • The prize gets better with time, but I will never publicly say what it is.
  • Never PM me about this puzzle. I follow this thread and will check it when I get notifications. Click "Follow this topic" on the top right of the title bar to get updates.
  • This thread is a fresh start to the puzzle and peoples' questions. People may re-ask the same questions (even if already answered), and I'm freely to choose to answer an already answered question to respond to if I want to.

Good luck!

The Bloodhound Puzzle

Just in case he was sneaky and put the answers in the clues, I am posting it now.

#120 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

lol... I think this will take a long time to get... 

My head already hurts just reading the replies and questions xD Im going to go do today's stuff xD

@Coops didn't even see that other question, whoops. 

#121 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:38 PM

Wow, @Rauul, bravo on some of your thinking, even if @Kelvin says it is wrong.

Anyway, I just woke up from a much needed nap (exams with kid are much more intense than exams without kid) so I will just ask stupid questions to allow you people to ask good questions.

Is the bloodhound in the title referring to a dog?

thanks, just using some maths hahaha

seems this will take a long time to figure out

#122 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

i will take that as a hint to use scientific calculator. 

@Kelvin

is answer of #2 Misfits song? (from song we are 138.  138^2 = 19,044. "under 19,044" could be square root of 19044)

No.

Damn, you are REALLY REALLY CLOSE.

[114,115,117]

Also, @Kelvin, I just thought of something. The hints you gave us are relevant to Codex, as in they may lead us to the answers, none of these hints include the private and/or retired section of the forum right? Because some of us here would not be able to access those parts of the forum.

Correct. 

Since there is no rule against me asking a question about the hints twice in a row (the rule only applies to asking questions about the answers, since the hints came after rules and you did not make rules specifically for the hints given) nevermind, Kaddict asked a question does hint #1 have to do with you specifically, @Kelvin, as in, the two active links in your signature?

Both links in my signature are not relevant.

#123 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:20 AM

No.

Damn, you are REALLY REALLY CLOSE.

[114,115,117]

Correct. 

Both links in my signature are not relevant.

does the hint (under 19044) have to do with it's prime factorization (2^2*3^2*23^2)?

Does the hint have to do with 138 in particular?

Double posting questions because they have to do with hint, thus it is legalish.

#124 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

does the hint (under 19044) have to do with it's prime factorization (2^2*3^2*23^2)?

Does the hint have to do with 138 in particular?

Double posting questions because they have to do with hint, thus it is legalish.

Nah.

Yah.

#125 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

is 138 a hint about that shit some girls says about "i love you"?

1 meaning

3 words

8 letters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users