52 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:35 PM

POPULAR POST!

Hello all,

We have quite a bit of anouncements to go over today - so let's just jump straight into it.

First off some long term staff members have decided to step down as they have found the time they can commit to Neocodex has lessened in light of some recent life changes. Mike / @Strategist, has made the decision to step down due to the expected arrival of he and his wife's new baby, which will be a big change in his schedule. Mike has been a huge part of the team for many years and we can't imagine the last few years without his dedication, hard work, and commitment to improving the site in all aspects, while still maintaining his busy personal life. We wish you luck with the newest addition to your family, Mike! We would also like to note that Strategist will still be active in providing advice and input to the administration team, and helping out when the need arises.

With there being a vacant administrator position we have made the decision to promote Kate / @Tauriel to the administration position. Over the years Kate has shown amazing dedication, leadership and tenacity. No matter what the state of her personal life she was always standing by to offer suggestions, help and insight asto what was going on during my own personal absence. If something needed to be done on the site, Kate made sure that it would get done. I can think of no better person for this position than her.

Coincidentally, we also received notice from @Swarley that he will also be stepping down to focus more on his studies. We appreciate the time and effort you have put forth and it has been a pleasure working with you, Swarley, you will be missed!

Another important staff change is the decision to give @Emily a much deserved promotion to Lead Moderator. She has been dedicated to staff for two years and we can't imagine this role going to anyone else. She will still be maintaining her position as Contest Team Leader as well! As Lead Mod Emily will be in charge of training and working with the new mods that we will be selecting.

Which brings us to our final announcement - More staff changes! We will be opening up Moderator applications soon and as a team picking 2-3 new Moderators to join the team. Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement when they open up. We look forward to reading your applications and potentially working with some of you in the near future!

Thank you,
-Cody & The Neocodex Administration

#2 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

@Strategist did a very good job here ! best of luck in RL stuffs 

@Swarley when i started to post here, you were light blue... now, you are purple and its odd... i liked you as a mod, very helpful too. hope you can pass every fucking exam and make your way into medicine :)

@Emily a double leader ! congrats ! :D

And... @Rocket its time to applying for mod you deserve it ! @Katya you should apply too, wanna see you in that sexy light blue colour

Finally, congratulations to @Tauriel :)

Edited by rauul, 20 January 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#3 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

@Strategist congratulations on your new baby! That's amazing.

@Swarley I'm gonna still bother you to help me out, I love it! :p

@Katya and @Rocket and @QueenLoki ate least one of you should be the new mod!

Edited by Brunno, 20 January 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#4 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

Mike, what they say about you isn't true, you're a good bloke. Good luck with the baby, you'll need it.

Kate, don't fuck it up

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

Mike, what they say about you isn't true, you're a good bloke. Good luck with the baby, you'll need it.
Kate, don't fuck it up

*gulp* I'll try my best.

Finally, congratulations to @Tauriel :)

Thank you!

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

Aww. Changes both sad and happy.

@Strategist Congratulations on the kiddo you're expecting! Thank you for all your hard work around here and I hope we still see you often.

@Swarley Thanks for being a great moderator while I was here. I don't doubt a lot of people appreciate for all you did and will continue to do. 

@Emily Congratulations on your new position! I think it's well deserved.

Also, congrats to @Tauriel on your new position. I don't know you well enough, but if you were chosen, you're obviously dedicated enough and Codex will be in great hands.

#7 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

Congrats @Tauriel and @Emily on the new positions! I'm sure you'll be amazing!

@Swarley @Strategist   Good luck with life! We'll miss you!

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

Congrats @Tauriel and @Emily !! I'm so proud of you ladies  :wub:

@Swarley and @Strategist best of luck on your lives and shit, I'm sure we'll be seeing you around still. 

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

The staff shuffle is like you put all human staff members (and Kate) into a hat and picked out who to kick out, who to demote/promote, and who to make admin.

You have my feelings, ya'll.

#10 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

The staff shuffle is like you put all human staff members (and Kate) into a hat and picked out who to kick out, who to demote/promote, and who to make admin.

You have my feelings, ya'll.

=O How did you know?

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

It's been a while since I've seen that :lol2:

Wow, I'm shaking hahah. It feels really weird not being blue, or not being able to see everyone online, or not having the staff subforum showing. OH, and not being able to see who repped who! :p I feel naked!

This was an amazing year for me because of NeoCodex. I still remember how I felt when Kate spoiled through Snapchat that Cody was going to ask if I wanted to be a Mod. I'm really glad I accepted it, because I got to work with amazing people and got to know them better. I had a lot of fun dealing with the reports, sometimes they were really stressful too, but it was a lot more fun than stressful. My favorite moment was probably dealing with that Lucy shit during the AC. Memories, man.

I had a lot of things to say (just like when I announced my decision to the staff), but I can't think of anything.

I just wanna thank all of the staff for the great opportunity, and who knows? I might be back in the future :ninja: Also, I'll probably be just as active, but won't have to do anything :D I like this place too much to be away for more than a couple days lol.

Oh, and of course! Congrats @Tauriel, I know you'll do an amazing job, and I'm really happy with your promotion! (Now you'll be active again >:D) And congrats @Emily too!!

#12 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

=O How did you know?

I snagged a yacht key before I quit the staff. I was crouching behind the nachos at the time of the drawing. 

#13 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

So that's what that foul stench was?! And here we were trying to blame @Noitidart

#14 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

Big thanks to @Strategist for everything you've done over the years. Best Admin in my time at Codex, along side SLink :].

Even bigger congrats to Kate (I can't spell your current username)! As the announcement says, you're such a huge help to Codex no matter what stage of you're in.

<3 you @Swarles

#15 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

It feels so weird to see the colour changes :sorry:

Congrats Kate and Emily for the promotions :D

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! ^_^

#17 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

Wow, so many color changes!

Congratulations @Tauriel and @Emily, and Happy Trails @Swarley & @Strategist!

#18 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:34 PM

Wow, what a shake up! You guys have been busy!

So, I am fairly newish around here, not as active as some of you, but I appreciate all the work you guys do for the site. @Strategist, congrats on the baby man! It is a life changer. My baby girl is 2 weeks old. Super cute. I am not sleeping and almost passed out during my exam yesterday, but there is nothing better than just holding your baby. 

@Swarley, good luck in schooling. I know you don't need it. I don't really know how the education system works in brazil, but they would be a bunch of idiots to not accept you into the med program. You have a perfect personality for a compassionate doctor. Let me know if I can help you out in any way (maybe for interviews or something? idk). 

@Emily, keep up the good work. You are the perfect person to train the new generation of mods around here!

@Tauriel, Congrats on your new position as well! From my limited experiences, you seem like an awesome person, and think you will be a great addition to the admins here! 

#19 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

Congrats on the bb Mike!

Congrats on the well deserved promotions Em & Kate.

#20 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

Applications, you say? It's time to slowly work my way into the system and bring my totalitarian regime to life.

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

Applications, you say? It's time to slowly work my way into the system and bring my totalitarian regime to life.

Where's Turnip? Turnip for President!

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

Where's Turnip? Turnip for President!

Too busy stuffing her face to notice I'm trying to conquer the world codex.

#23 MelodyPond

MelodyPond
  • 159 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

@Strategist Congratulations on your new baby! Although I've not been here long, thank you for all your hard work. I know how hard it is to be an Admin of a Forum.

@Swarley Thank you for being a great moderator from the time I've been here, thank you for all your hard work.

@Emily Congratulations on your new position! 

@Tauriel Congratulations on your new position. 

Edited by MelodyPond, 20 January 2016 - 06:30 PM.

#24 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:34 PM

Congrats @Tauriel and @Emily :D

Good luck @Swarley and @Strategist :p

#25 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

@Strategist You're always my #1

Holy hell.. I bumped a button and my entire reply disappeared bar the very first bit -_-

My reply isn't even auto saved :(

Oh well.. 

Congratulations to all of you, even the guys who're stepping down, pretty sure that all of you will be stepping through a new door right now into something should will hopefully mean something better for yourselves and those around you in every aspect of life. 

I guess I'll definitely miss the fact @Swarley will no longer be that smexii light blue though... 

Edited by Maha, 20 January 2016 - 07:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users