wankers shlongs weiners members organs

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:19 PM

Well, since the lot of you are dong-bags and hate participating in debate threads, I am making a thread that is not even that debate worthy. Just because I want something going on around here.

Organ Donation. What are your thoughts on it? Are you an organ donor? Do you think people should be forced into being organ donors? Should it be an opt-out program rather than an opt-in? Should you be able to specify where your organs go (ie. some people don't want their liver to go to an alcoholic with liver failure). Discuss. please. 

Spoiler

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

What are your thoughts on it?

I'm all for it. Why waste some perfect (well, almost perfect) organs if they could be in someone else and save their life? I find it incredibly selfish not to do so, why would you want to keep that? After some years it's gonna be just bones anyway.

Are you an organ donor? Do you think people should be forced into being organ donors?

Yes. No. Even though I think it's selfish not to, it's their decision and that should be respected. Convinced, yes. Forced, no.

Should it be an opt-out program rather than an opt-in?

No. That would probably cause a lot of problems.

Should you be able to specify where your organs go (ie. some people don't want their liver to go to an alcoholic with liver failure).

Interesting idea. I don't know if it would be viable, though. It's hard to find a compatible organ, so you could be wasting a chance of saving a life (even though they could destroy the organ again later :p)

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:27 AM

I think it's great and we live in a wonderful world where it's possible to help people even when we're dead.

Are you an organ donor? Do you think people should be forced into being organ donors?

Yes, I am. Even though I want to be cremated and eaten, I want as much of my body donated first as possible. I figure it makes my ashes more appealing if there's fewer of them.

No. I think it's a very personal choice. Your body is the only thing that's been with you your whole life and you've spent more time on it than literally anything else in the world. It's your right to dispose of it how you want.

I can see both sides of this. I prefer opt-in, for the reasons stated in the last question.

Should you be able to specify where your organs go (ie. some people don't want their liver to go to an alcoholic with liver failure).

Yeah. They're yours. If people can have abortions, then there's no reason they shouldn't be able to decide how they want their organs distributed.

#4 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

It, and donation to science, is a good thing.  But people should be aware that when they donate themselves to science they are probably going to end up rather groddy naked bodies in a morgue.  (They were naked and weirdly flattened)

I don't know, I think I opted in.  The problem is that my grandmother implanted me with her weird ass phobia that if you were a donor they wouldn't try as hard to save you, because then organs.

Opt out, with that as the default assumption.  And the automatic 'in' only triggers at a certain age/event.  IE: Driver's Licence.  A 20 year old without a DL is not an automatic organ donor, an 18 year old with a DL, who hasn't opted-out is.

...Maybe?  I could see people going "I don't want my lungs to go to no N-word."  On the other hand a person of color not wanting to aide a group of people that have been historically bad to them, like the Klan, is understandable.

And for instance, I don't want to help Trump if he needs a transplant.

Maybe the donor can say they want to donate to the people at the top of the list, the bottom, or let RNGesus decide with some cravetes, and medical proxy can decide?

#5 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

Ordan donation is the most beautiful thing a human being can do. i know there is so many people dying because they dont have a new organ to survive.

yes, im a donor. every 3 months im donating blood, and my family knows if im with brain death, they can harvest all of my organs if they are useful

no, we are all human being, if you are a donor, you cant be able to specify where your organs go, dont care if the organ receiver is white, black, yellow, asian, whore, douchebag, nun, the pope, even a skinny bitch. the only thing important here is to check who has priority. i know FDA (correct me if im wrong) has a very strict policy about alcoholic, if they have been more than 12 months without drinking, they can get a new liver (in case they need one) but if an alcoholic needs a liver, and he was drinking last month.... good bye liver for you

#6 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

Are you an organ donor?
Yep. As said in the other thread about "raising the dead" (AH!), my organs are free for pillage after I'm dead.
I'm a blood donor since the time I joined the army too.
And since my mum was diagnosed with AML, I'm also a bone marrow donor.

Do you think people should be forced into being organ donors?
No. While I may not be in favour of not receiving/donating your organs for personal or religious reasons, everyone is free to decide that.

Opt-in. I see this like the DNR order. People need to be asked if they want it. It's only the right thing to do.

This is more difficult to answer. Ultimately, I'd say no. There are systems in place that regulate that, with very strict rules about it. And specify what "type" of people would get our organs would only increase the number of unused/wasted organs and people dying from not receiving a compatible organ.

@Rauul the HRSA takes care of organ transplant/donation. FDA is for tissues and cells only.

#7 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

@Rauul the HRSA takes care of organ transplant/donation. FDA is for tissues and cells only.

Thanks i forgot the name. :) 

#8 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

It's wonderful we can save peoples lives. ezpz.

My family & friends knows how I feel about organ donation but I refuse to just completely opt in through health services, I don't care if it means that I'm paranoid lol. I don't think people should be forced into being organ donors but in some ways it seems ridiculous to me that someone wouldn't help others but would take if they needed it. I see it a lot like the blood donation situation in my country right now. We have a blood shortage and so many people I know refuse to donate blood because it hurts or they don't want to but if they need surgery or a procedure done you can sure as shit bet they'd take advantage of the program on the other side. It would work out if we didn't have so many takers and more givers :(

Ehhhhhh no comment. 

I think in a lot of ways it's unethical to do so... but I can see why people would want to do so. 

#9 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

I love the idea of organ donation. I don't think people realize that not only do your organs go to living people who need new parts, but they are often times used in science for research in diseases, disorders, anatomy dissection, forensic pathology and anthropology (namely body farms and the study of taphonomy). 

Are you an organ donor?
I'm not eligible to donate my organs, blood or marrow to living people because of my liver disease. Coincidentally, because I technically *ahem* donated blood when I shouldn't have (because I was in Germany before '96 when there was an outbreak of Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease in Europe) that's how I found out I had liver disease. But I would like to donate my body to a body farm, or for other research. Otherwise, I want my body to be used to grow a tree in those disposable capsules that you plant with a sapling, or whatever, since Viking sendoffs are illegal (probably).

Do you think people should be forced into being organ donors?
Definitely not for live donation. Autonomy is a fundamental right to humans. This goes along with the lines of abortion, and why we cannot/should not force women to endure an unwanted pregnancy (as it is literally renting out her uterus for 9 months, endangering her life, altering her body permanently and such). I'm not sure how I feel about donations being forced after death. That would really violate any potential religious autonomy of the family, or deceased. I definitely wish more people would opt to donate though. But our culture places a value on burying our loved ones (which to me is dumb, but no judgement to those who wanna leave their loved one's corpse intact). 

Refer to above.

I think that depends. But for the record, in the US, there is already a fuckload of contention with alcoholics getting liver donations in transplants that involve deceased donations. It's an ethical issue because in a lot of cases, those people do not recover since they continue to use alcohol post-transplant. In my case, I feel like since my organs can't be used for sick people, I should get to decide where my corpse goes for research. I mean, I would wanna donate my body to any on-going research for the conditions I have. But it would be difficult to coordinate those efforts, it would cost a lot of money I'm sure, and so I'd be okay with my body just going wherever was needed most.

Edited by Coops, 21 January 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

It, and donation to science, is a good thing.  But people should be aware that when they donate themselves to science they are probably going to end up rather groddy naked bodies in a morgue.  (They were naked and weirdly flattened)

I read a fascinating article about organ donation a while back and the thought of having the skin ripped off me for someone else made me feel a bunch of things at once.

I could also see groups of minorities being like I DON'T WANT SOME NEONAZI GETTING MY PRECIOUS ORGANS. It goes all ways.

I see it a lot like the blood donation situation in my country right now. We have a blood shortage and so many people I know refuse to donate blood because it hurts or they don't want to but if they need surgery or a procedure done you can sure as shit bet they'd take advantage of the program on the other side. It would work out if we didn't have so many takers and more givers :(

As someone who isn't allowed to donate blood, I agree with this. I would if I could, just because I might need it someday.

#11 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

I support organ donation because if someone can give up an organ to save their life, or in the case of organ donors in car accidents, there's no good reason not to try and save someone's life. I feel that we should help those who are dying or need help, because who knows what they could do if they live for a longer time.

Yes, but just in the case of death by car accident. I don't think people should be forced into being an organ donor because that takes away their choice and freedom to decide. However, I do feel that most people should at least allow their organs to go those in need if they die with healthy organs that could save someone.

Yes, since it would probably mean more people would donate/more people would be saved.

I feel that you should be able to specify where your organs go, but I feel this would be hard to implement. There's almost no way for people to feasibly determine where every single organ they could donate would go to, nor thing of every case that they would or would not allow their organ to go to.

#12 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:54 PM

I read a fascinating article about organ donation a while back and the thought of having the skin ripped off me for someone else made me feel a bunch of things at once.

I could also see groups of minorities being like I DON'T WANT SOME NEONAZI GETTING MY PRECIOUS ORGANS. It goes all ways.

Basically this.

Bodily autonomy, a women gets to say if a fetus gets to use her organs or not, and saying yes to this one fetus that came from sex with her husband does not mean she has to say yes to the fetus she conceived through rape.

So why, if Bodily Autonomy extends to yes donate my organs or no, don't donate organs, does it not extend to to whom and how?

#13 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

Kinky things? Do go on...

Anyway, I love organ donation, but I love freedom. I am against forcing people to donate, but I do think it should be "check here if you don't want to be an organ donor" rather than "check here if you want to be an organ donor." Because we have WAY too few organs for our needs, and I thikn lots of people aren't donors just because they don't really know about it. I am also all for the future day when you can grow organs from your own cells in a lab. That will be waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy cool, because we will have more organs and people won't need to be immunosuppressed their whole lives.

Also, as a doctor in training, I also really appreciate people who just donate their body to "science." 

Spoiler

Because bodies are always needed. Our school needs 18ish bodies every year for our ~70 students to dissect. Absolutely essential for a doctor to be a good doctor. Same goes for research fields. Or the f---ing magicians that prepare bodies for The Body Exhibit. idek how dissections that beautiful are possible.

Also, I love that Swarley set the format precedent. Practically everyone followed! ha

#14 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:13 AM

I'm not quite sure what the default is here in Germany but I think you're not forced. You are supposed to carry that little paper slip that states whether you want to donate or not. I'm an organ donor because it's the right thing to do. I do not like the idea of rotting in some kind of grave and would rather be cremated anyway. So I have to admit I feel a bit uncomfortable if I knew students were going to cut me apart after I die for their studies ^^;

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:14 AM

Kinky things? Do go on...

Anyway, I love organ donation, but I love freedom. I am against forcing people to donate, but I do think it should be "check here if you don't want to be an organ donor" rather than "check here if you want to be an organ donor." Because we have WAY too few organs for our needs, and I thikn lots of people aren't donors just because they don't really know about it. I am also all for the future day when you can grow organs from your own cells in a lab. That will be waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy cool, because we will have more organs and people won't need to be immunosuppressed their whole lives.

Also, as a doctor in training, I also really appreciate people who just donate their body to "science." 

Spoiler

Because bodies are always needed. Our school needs 18ish bodies every year for our ~70 students to dissect. Absolutely essential for a doctor to be a good doctor. Same goes for research fields. Or the f---ing magicians that prepare bodies for The Body Exhibit. idek how dissections that beautiful are possible.

Also, I love that Swarley set the format precedent. Practically everyone followed! ha

I went and saw the body exhibit a few years ago. It's fucking amazing.

I'm not quite sure what the default is here in Germany but I think you're not forced. You are supposed to carry that little paper slip that states whether you want to donate or not. I'm an organ donor because it's the right thing to do. I do not like the idea of rotting in some kind of grave and would rather be cremated anyway. So I have to admit I feel a bit uncomfortable if I knew students were going to cut me apart after I die for their studies ^^;

They put a note on your drivers' license here.

#16 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

Yeah, I momentarily and very briefly considered donating your body to science, but after having dissected, I can't do it. It takes a type of confidence that is so much difference than the confidence we think of in social interactions. 

#17 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, I momentarily and very briefly considered donating your body to science, but after having dissected, I can't do it. It takes a type of confidence that is so much difference than the confidence we think of in social interactions.

If you're on a table being dissected, you're most likely dead. What kind of confidence do you need to be dead?

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I also want to be cremated. So it wouldn't only be selfish not to donate my organs, but also stupid. It's all gonna turn to dust anyway, so why not use as much as possible?

#19 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

If you're on a table being dissected, you're most likely dead. What kind of confidence do you need to be dead?

It is hard to explain. But knowing that some 1st year med students are going to be dissecting your penis is pretty intense. It is a very different type of confidence. We respect the bodies as much as we can, but sometimes you use a freaking chisel to dislodge the spinal cord--like a caveman. It just almost seems barbaric at times. But again, it is all necessary for the learning experience. I can't imagine not dissecting, and just doing "electronic dissections" that some schools are doing. It just wouldn't give you the same experience.

#20 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

In Saskatchewan (the province to the East of me), they liquify bodies now. lol

#21 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

I think it's a wonderful thing. It can save someone's life, just by you giving up an organ when you die. You can give a family hope back. You can give a family their father/mother/sister/other family member back. 

Nope. I know it's a good thing, I just don't want to do it. I'd like to keep my organs when I die. I don't think people should be forced into it. It's their organs, in their body. They should have the right to decide what happens to their body when they die. They shouldn't be forced into giving up their organs. 

As given by my previous answer, opt-in. 

Yes. That liver could be used to save someone else's life. Someone who isn't just going to go ruin their new liver with more alcohol and then just need another transplant. Of course, you shouldn't be able to specify anything based on race, religion, sex, country of origin, and other things like that. 

#22 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:24 AM

i just read in the local newspaper that only 1% of malaysians are organ donors compared to developed countries (>30%). i'm interested to become an organ donor because it's cool saying to people i'm an organ donor. besides, i can help people in need... but i used to have a casual conversation with my mom about the topic and she's strongly against it. she thinks it's a hassle if i'm dead and the whole family is mourning and instead of burying me as quickly as possible, they have to wait for the doctors to take my organs out and stuff. i don't want my death to become a problem to anyone so i probably won't become an organ donor.

#23 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

I think that organ donation is great, and I am an organ donor.  If I'm gone and something that once gave me life can help someone improve theirs, then why even question it? I know in Florida they ask you when you're getting your license printed if you want to be one. Simple yes or no and it's printed on your license. Don't know how it works elsewhere. 

I don't think it should be forced upon people. While it's a great thing to do, it's up to the person because it's their body. It could be going against some religious/cultural beliefs for some people too, but don't quote me on that. 

I don't think that you should be able to specify where your organs go. That's a bit fucked up. Imagine you were first on the list for an organ, find out there's one available, and then find out it's not going to you because of some stupid reason that the person gave before they passed. You're gone, it can help people. Why ruin their new shot at life? 

#24 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:18 AM

i just read in the local newspaper that only 1% of malaysians are organ donors compared to developed countries (>30%). i'm interested to become an organ donor because it's cool saying to people i'm an organ donor. besides, i can help people in need... but i used to have a casual conversation with my mom about the topic and she's strongly against it. she thinks it's a hassle if i'm dead and the whole family is mourning and instead of burying me as quickly as possible, they have to wait for the doctors to take my organs out and stuff. i don't want my death to become a problem to anyone so i probably won't become an organ donor.

The organs have to harvested so quickly, that it is unlikely any real time difference is noticed between organ donors and non-organ donors. In fact, they may give the donors special treatment. IDK though

#25 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

I'm not donating my organs, it'll ruin my plans for taxidermy. I'm going to put it in my will that G has to keep me around til he dies. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wankers, shlongs, weiners, members, organs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users