Quantcast

Upcoming Staff Meeting - User Input

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

First of all, I'd like to preface this announcement by saying a big thank you to those who congratulated me and wished me well on the Administrator position, your support means everything to me! I am really looking forward to helping the community improve and thrive!

So, on to the meeting! In the past when we've done this, it was a really effective way to get things that mattered most to the community discussed in a timely manner, so here we are again! The current staff will be having a meeting on January 26th, to discuss a plethora of things relating to the forum and community. I will be going over the forum suggestions section and trying to find as many discussion topics as possible. However, if there is anything that immediately springs to mind, that you would like for the staff to discuss or look at, please share here. I will be locking the topic on Monday, the 25th, to prepare our meeting agenda :) Thank you in advance for your input, guys!

Kate

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

Lowest of the low issue: Private members can't access the IRC chat page. Not like anyone even uses it.

I think this is a more existential question for Neocodex in general: Since Neopets is pretty much a dying game, should the forum invest more efforts into diversifying into other games like Flight Rising?

I think the main issue is the lack of content creators i.e. programmers. We're already delving into games like Flight Rising and Kaylune, but there doesn't seem to be enough interest on the forum to coax more current users to contribute to the cheating cause or bring new people to the conquest. There's already a coli bot, but that surely can't be enough.

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

I will put this right here as a small reminder of what's important in the hearts of all Codexians.

#4 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

I would love to see the "recent status update" wider like a newfeed style. It would be more interactive.

#5 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

Lowest of the low issue: Private members can't access the IRC chat page. Not like anyone even uses it.

I think the main issue is the lack of content creators i.e. programmers. We're already delving into games like Flight Rising and Kaylune, but there doesn't seem to be enough interest on the forum to coax more current users to contribute to the cheating cause or bring new people to the conquest. There's already a coli bot, but that surely can't be enough.

I have a limited background in programming and stuff. But I would love to dedicate more time to learning programming, and learning to spot glitches (which is half luck and half dedication). I was actually going to suggest an event like that hour of code thing from Codeacademy, to get people interested more in programming and whatnot. Admittedly though, I am anxious about being judged if I don't know enough or learn quickly enough. That's primarily why I haven't put myself out there yet.

#6 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

:reaper:  :reaper:  :reaper:  :reaper:  :reaper:

Is codex ever going to shut down?

I've seen other neopets forums shut down and I know we're a little different but it's still on my mind

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:03 PM

I've seen other neopets forums shut down and I know we're a little different but it's still on my mind

Hopefully not for a very long time :) We are always looking into ways to increase the longevity of Neocodex. The gaming forum was introduced for that reason, as it broadens our market and target audience, beyond just Neopets. If anyone has any ideas they'd like to share surrounding this, we are all ears. :p

#8 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hopefully not for a very long time :) We are always looking into ways to increase the longevity of Neocodex. The gaming forum was introduced for that reason, as it broadens our market and target audience, beyond just Neopets. If anyone has any ideas they'd like to share surrounding this, we are all ears. :p

What if we create 'Neocodex' the game

ayyyyyyyyy no? 

#9 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

ayyyyyyyyy no? 

Why make a game where everyone dies a little on the inside and the rep don't matter?

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

ayyyyyyyyy no?

You'd be the Heroin. Long flowy mermaid hair. Hanson playing in the background.
I meant Heroine, oops.

#11 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

I meant Heroine, oops.

padme=kate's drug

#12 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

Why make a game where everyone dies a little on the inside and the rep don't matter?

ayyyyyy lmao roflcopter

I meant Heroine, oops.

MMMBOP. I hope the story follows me and my brothers on our quest to spread great family friendly pop tunes.

padme=kate's drug

That sounds very Twilight-esque. 

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

That sounds very Twilight-esque. 

Based on a true story.

#14 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

I have another suggestion that I'm sure @DonValentino will back. One single sub section for writing in the arts/graphics section. That way we could include similar threads like the "draw every week" thread, or share poetry, microfics, short stories, etc. I'm sure there are other members here who like that.

#15 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

I have another suggestion that I'm sure @DonValentino will back. One single sub section for writing in the arts/graphics section. That way we could include similar threads like the "draw every week" thread, or share poetry, microfics, short stories, etc. I'm sure there are other members here who like that.

If this happens, I will happily and consistently fill it up with amateur obscure fan fiction fueled by teenage angst (because apparently Mother Nature said "Fuck you. Stay in puberty forever" to me) and a history psychologically wounding childhood that may or may not include not getting a Hogwarts invitation via owl.

#16 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

If this happens, I will happily and consistently fill it up with amateur obscure fan fiction fueled by teenage angst (because apparently Mother Nature said "Fuck you. Stay in puberty forever" to me) and a history psychologically wounding childhood that may or may not include not getting a Hogwarts invitation via owl.

See, this is an excellent reason to implement my idea -- how will we live without @Kelvin's teenage angst-y fan fiction?

#17 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:54 PM

Someone make a neocodex podcast

#18 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

Not that is not a bad idea at all.  I reread this and wow, where was my head? That is not a bad idea at all. I would do it but I'm incapable of being a responsible, functioning adult.

And I hate my voice.

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

We'd get an episode out before deeming it too much work.

Just record the tinychat conversations and call it at podcast.

#20 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

I'll write the dirtiest fanfic of codex members. Jkjkjk
I'd be too inappropriate and I'd have to sensor everything. So it'll be all blank. Best story.

This sounds fun though. Can we get people to read their blog entries?

#21 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

I'll motherfucking do that shit.

10/10

I'd freaking love to.

#22 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

I was curious if we could have a challenge section of the forum where we could challenge other people to games officially through codex.

Stuff like poker games where the loser has to change their username for the month, or signature etc. Fun, dumb stuff.

#23 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:08 AM

Codex has been through worse. Back when I joined, there were only like a dozen active posters but that didn't stop us. If Neopets dies, the strongest of us will stay and build the Codex of tomorrow or at least enjoy the peace.

Maybe we should have polls to vote for who we think will stay until the end. Would be fun to look back to regardless what happens (with few exceptions).

#24 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:35 AM

I'd be down for a podcast. We should have a pool of alternating speakers or just simply guest members or smthng

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:41 AM

I suspect most forums shut down because they lost activity and with that the income to be able to pay the hosting and domain etc and the admins don't want to pay their own money into a failing venture. We don't have that same concern financially because at least half of any profits get saved for the future into the yacht fund and @Hydrogen manages that end well, completely different to our first few years when finances were pretty tight. Even if Neopets died we could cut down on hosting and keep the site going for yeeeaaarrrsss as we develop into some kind of dystopian nightmare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users