Quantcast

What's the craziest work stories you have?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

I have a couple. 

I worked at a pizza hut in a bad area a few years ago. It was a smaller one, didn't have a full restaurant, just two tables. It was mostly carry out. For that reason people usually just came in to use the bathroom. We never thought much of it. 

Until one day when one woman went in, and stayed there for quite a long time. eventually she started talking through the door about how she's going to kill herself in there. We called the police but before they arrived she staggered out, and started standing in the middle of the road. We did figure out her issue though, we found a used needle in the bathroom. We made the restroom customers only after that. 

I also worked at a cash for gold place [Which to date is the worst job I've ever had.] It wasn't uncommon for stolen things to come to us, but it was my first time dealing with such an issue, my manager was there and told me to just finish the transaction before the police arrived. I felt really wrong doing that, so I took my sweet time. And before I knew it the police were there, the guy trying to sell to us had a habit of performing home invasions. I guess he thought he'd get away, because he broke off a piece of the plastic sign and tried to stab the cop with it. I'm pretty sure he was strung out because he missed the cop entirely and ended up with assault charges too. My manager got mad at me for not completing the transaction, and I left the job shortly after that.

My last few come from my last job. I worked at a call center for a certain phone company. But the stories here have less to do with the customers, and more to do with my co workers.

My first story has to do with a really unique smoke break we had one day. I was still in training, so we frequently got breaks, I always took the chance to smoke since I don't really do well around phones, and I was stressed. One of the girls who were also in training announces literally out of nowhere "I got my nipples pierced." excitedly, the majority of us ignored her, but there was another woman who joined her, asking to see. Next thing I know we're all getting flashed by this random chick. I guess she didn't know the smoking area had security cameras... She lost her job and got arrested for indecent exposure.

Another woman was nicknamed "flea lady" may god have mercy on your soul if you work near her. I'm sure not everyone noticed, but I'm allergic to flea bites. It was a fucking nightmare. Company never did anything about it though.

The most terrifying memory I have of working there would have to be the day the woman with severe anger issues got fired. To put a long story short, she destroyed some of the computer systems, actually assaulted coworkers that she disliked, and had to be wrestled down by security before the police took her away. I was pretty lucky, My cubicle was on the other side of the room, I was entirely out of her path. 

I have a ton more, but I'm sure I've gone on long enough :p

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

Most of mine are way too depressing and somber for most people. You know dead babies, heroin addicts, overdoses, alcoholics hanging themselves etc

But there are some funny stories that happen. Chasing swans that got loose, packs of dogs chasing workmates like something out of a carry on film, falling asleep on prisoners.

A funny one I can remember is I was on foot patrol one day standing outside one of the local nightclubs. Anyway, this drunk comes up to me and starts talking shit about how I couldn't jump over the railings next to us. To be fair our equipment probably adds on an extra 40lbs. Usual shit from this guy though "oi piggy, bet you can't jump the railings" "what do we pay our taxes for" lalal usual degenerate bullshit.

Anyways, an I call come out (emergency priority) and my supervisor says he's picking me up and literally swings around the nearby corner opposite the railings within a couple of minutes.

I then literally jumped over the railings without touching it bar my one hand, looked back at the idiot with a smug look on my face....and ended up walking into the van face first. (I thought they would have opened the door for me.) oh well.

#3 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

There was this 7-year-old kid in one of my groups. He was kind of a bully and I had to pay a lot of attention to him because he was always trying to hit the other kids. He also had trouble learning so he was an special student of mine. One day, I was explaining something at the board and he said that he was not feeling good, he started coughing and so I took him to the bathroom. He closed the door and the whole class and me could hear him vomiting (sadly, the bathroom was just a couple steps away from the classroom, an awful experience for that poor boy) with the help of my boss I called his parents and they picked him up. We never saw him again. After he had missed a few classes I tried to contact his parents again and no one answered. I feel really bad about it, some of the other kids knew him from other activities and they told me that he had also dissapeared from them. I just hope that he is ok

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

My jobs are boring so nothing much.

Only thing that stands out is an older coworker threatening to beat me up and throw me through the window at work just so I'd shut up about telling him to do his job. I was the one in charge that night. He's in his mid thirties and I was 22 at the time.

#5 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:47 AM

When I was 18 I worked at Home Depot and let me just say... the amount of stupid ass shit people wanted to do to their homes that is very illegal or dangerous or both was through the roof. People wanting to install gas lines with cheap plastic, wanting to build decks with no railings, wanting to build an addition without insulation cause it's expensive.

Even better was the people who rented stuff from tool rental and just obliterated it. *_* 

People who let their kids run around a dangerous store... found a kid trying to eat fertilizer once. lmfao.

The theft incidences were the best ofc but I can't really speak on those in the forum.

Since then I've worked at a shoe store and a tech store; our customers are a riot for sure but since I still work at both of those i'll probably abstain from sharing those except to say last week a man came in wielding a used toilet plunger.  :shit:  :shit:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

#6 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

When I was 18 I worked at Home Depot and let me just say... the amount of stupid ass shit people wanted to do to their homes that is very illegal or dangerous or both was through the roof. People wanting to install gas lines with cheap plastic, wanting to build decks with no railings, wanting to build an addition without insulation cause it's expensive.

Even better was the people who rented stuff from tool rental and just obliterated it. *_* 

People who let their kids run around a dangerous store... found a kid trying to eat fertilizer once. lmfao.

The theft incidences were the best ofc but I can't really speak on those in the forum.

Since then I've worked at a shoe store and a tech store; our customers are a riot for sure but since I still work at both of those i'll probably abstain from sharing those except to say last week a man came in wielding a used toilet plunger.  :shit:  :shit:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

,My dad used to be a manager at lowes. He's told me similar stories before.

#7 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

,My dad used to be a manager at lowes. He's told me similar stories before.

LOL when Lowes came to Edmonton they offered me a job with great pay and I was just like helllllll no. 

It isn't inherently bad but your position has a lot to do with it.

Eventually I basically just expedited orders and ran Kids workshops so my crazy was limited to kids building birdhouses lmao. 

#8 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:29 AM

I used to work at a walmart. I was a senior in high school and I wrangled carts at a supercenter. The number of crazy things that happened in that big ass parking lot.. xD I remember one night I was working until midnight and there were a few straggler carts in the far side of the lot (these parking lots are huuuuuuge). Anyways, I was really tired but I wasn't gonna be allowed to leave until I got the stragglers. So, I started out to the far end of the lot and there was a car parked. This guy gets out, as I'm approaching, and another car drives up. This dude opens the trunk of his car and I see nothing but fucking semi-automatic and other weapons. The other car pulls up next to his and at this point I'm like nope.

577.gif

I just turn around and I'm like, fuck this shit. I promptly walk my ass back into the store. I had witnessed several drug deals and this looked like a shady arms deal. I wasn't about to get mixed up in that shit.

Edited by Coops, 25 January 2016 - 11:29 AM.

#9 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:29 AM

I accidentally hit the panic button and the campus police came. One of them rushed in like WHAT'S HAPPENING and I looked at him like he was crazy until he asked who had pressed the button. They were not happy. It's not my fault the button was in the exact spot the arm rest hits when it goes under the desk. 

Took the kids for a field trip one day. It was raining so we decided to end it by going to the mall. Everyone gets back on the bus (which was a huge coach that the football players use for away games) and we're trying to leave the parking lot when the bus accidentally hits a car sitting in the fire lane. The lady flipped her shit at the bus driver even though it was her fault for sitting in the fire lane, and we had to wait for the police to come before we could do anything. I wasn't even sure how they were going to get the bus away from the car without crushing it but they managed to.  

My boss found out that the students had been doing some shady things, so she confronted them during a meeting. She told them that she is 'en loco parentis' (in the place of a parent) and asked if they knew what that means. One of the students said crazy bitch. Needless to say, that kid immediately regretted his life decisions. 

I don't know. My office job was boring. My mentor job was mostly just a bunch of aggravating teenagers. 

#10 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

When I worked at the hospital, the ward I worked on was next to the adolescent ward, and they took mental health patients. One day a patient came in with violent tendencies, and despite the fact that 3 mental health nurses were watching them, they managed to break one of the windows in their room, climb and threaten to jump from five floors up to the cafeteria on the bottom floor. Took 5 nurses, 3 security guards and drugs to restrain them. Fucking scary.

#11 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:18 PM

Most of my "crazy" work stories involve my time working at the airport for an airline... from someone dying mid-flight, to brawls on the plane and having the cops waiting, people too drunk to even board planes. Getting yelled at or hit on or creeped the fuck out. Taking guesses on what really was "vibrating" in that piece of luggage (most of the time it was a toothbrush or razor). Getting all sorts of free alcohol because people don't realize how heavy it is and if their bag is over they take it out and gave it to us. Ahhh good times. 

Or the time I fell in front of 100+ people and had the entire airport fire and rescue come to help me and it was announced all over the airport security radios -___- I never lived that one down.

#12 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

Well there was a big fight the other week between a Senior Team Member and Newer one. The Senior one reckoned the new one should bring her a pallet jack and leave all her crap just to do it, creating a really big hazard for customers. She refused and asked the Senior Team Member to wait but basically had a night filled with yelling, screaming, swearing and a fist fight. My god it was full on hilarious. 

#13 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

i worked in a special needs school for three years. there's been many crazy, hilarious or just dead end shitty stories, i'd have to tell, but one of my favourites will forever be this student, who wanted to become a special needs teacher and came for work experience. the first day he showed up, he was wearing a proper, expensive, black suite, shiny shoes and his hair was gelled back. i as someone who had worked there for quite a while, knew that one set of clothes for one week is the best thing to do, because you get in contact with lots of snot, spit, excrements, sometimes even vomit anyways. this guy however, didn't knew. he was super enthusiatic for like half an hour, before the first kid walked by and sneezed on him. i could see the terror in his eyes and had problems to contain my laughter. he cleaned up and kept a pokerface though. a bit later that day, it was time for lunch and he sat down between the kids on the table. when the eating began, you could watch him get nervous and it didn't take long until he was covered in food, food that fell of off forks and plates but also food that fell out of mouths. 

he came back the other day, wearing a shirt and jeans but kind of refused to be anywhere near the children, anyways. the next day he called in sick and was never seen again. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users