• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#26 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:06 PM

The whole point of the mobile theme is that it uses a lot less data, you can't have all the functionality of the full site without the data so it does have a purpose.

Sure, there's that going for it. Is there any way to make it so browsing Neocodex does not force one to use the mobile site though? Keeping the mobile site as an option of course, but just not as default for mobile devices.

I have never even considered coming to this site on my phone/tablet, so this doesn't matter to me, but cello-dude brings up good points and everyone is attacking him like he is some silly reed instrument. So here is some +rep. 

Thanks :p This has been happening for so long that I'm not even salty about it anymore :rolleyes:

#27 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 9,504 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:37 AM

Lol, you're not (or you may? It depends) going to like what's coming then @ortin   :whistling:

@Tauriel can elaborate if she wishes.

#28 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:36 AM

The Mobile site works exactly like a mobile site should, imo. The issues encountered a minor, I have more trouble with bugs and general usability of major sites, tbh.

I'm just glad we have a mobile site. This isn't Facebook.

#29 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6,850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

Sure, there's that going for it. Is there any way to make it so browsing Neocodex does not force one to use the mobile site though? Keeping the mobile site as an option of course, but just not as default for mobile devices.

Why a mobile device should have a desktop view of the site as default? It doesn't even make sense.
If you don't like it, don't use it.
And it's not that hard to scroll to the bottom of the page, which is shorter because it's a MOBILE VERSION!!, and click the "Full Version" button.
If your device forgets such simple command after such short period of time, you should consider getting rid of your device instead of suggesting changing something that will not only affect you? :p

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25,516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

It doesn't force me to use the mobile site unless I clear my cookies or restart my phone, I assume that's the same for most people? Even then you only have to click the Full Version button once...

#31 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6,388 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

It doesn't force me to use the mobile site unless I clear my cookies or restart my phone, I assume that's the same for most people? Even then you only have to click the Full Version button once...

It usually just switches back automatically for me whenever I don't use the internet for too long. 

Like you said, all you have to do is click the FV button.

#32 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6,850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

For me, it switches back to mobile whenever I close the browser even if I didn't clean the history and/or cookies. I've had times when I was using the desktop version, I didn't close the browser (just used the "home" button of the tablet), and the next time when I click the browser it opens the page still with the desktop version, instead of forcing the mobile view. Therefore, and despite my ignorance about tech-y stuff, it leads me to believe it might be a device/browser thing, and not a Codex issue?

#33 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

The Mobile site works exactly like a mobile site should, imo. The issues encountered a minor, I have more trouble with bugs and general usability of major sites, tbh.

I'm just glad we have a mobile site. This isn't Facebook.

Facebook has a mobile site too?

#34 KyloRen

KyloRen
  • Snoke says I'm special.

• 5,114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

Facebook has a mobile site too?

Yep. Most people use the app though, I immagine. 

#35 Jess

Jess
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9,215 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

Copy the page URL and paste it after the switch? Simply hit back on your phone until you're back to the thread? Open up a new codex tab, switch, and refresh the other tab?

Whoa I didn't even know you could do 2/3 of these things.

#36 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6,388 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

Thank you for the suggestion (again). The mobile site was discussed in the meeting last night. As we have said in the past, the mobile site will be staying. While it may not be useful for you, but there are still some people who utilize it. If you are having an issue, just click 'Full Version' and you will no longer have to use it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users