Quantcast

Photo

What Tattoo(s) Do You Want? | Show Us Cool Tats!

tattoo

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

What Tattoo(s) Do You Want?

This thread is for discussion on tattoos.

Talk about your favorite artists, styles, and what tattoos you would love to have!

Post images of tattoos you love!

My current tattoo idea: Plague masked character with a crow on their shoulder, and a lantern in their hand. Maybe some vials of medicine.

Location: Not sure yet, but thinking I could have it on my right pectoral area.

Size: 10 inches by 6 inches.

#2 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

I really want a tattoo of the Broadway lion king silhouette with the date of my chemotherapy end date (23 Dec 2011) on my lower tummy, where I had to self inject. But I'm not brave enough.

Or like the chemical make up of dopamine on my back.

#3 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

Not to be weeb trash (too late) but i've always wanted the Nami tattoo after she recovered from stabbing herself multiple times

Spoiler

#4 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

I thought there was a thread about this already but I'm probably wrong xD

I love tattoos but I'm way too indecisive to settle on one and also placement. I don't want a massive tattoo but all the ones I know I undoubtedly love, are massive ones that cover my back or rib cage.

I love and remember when @Adam got his FMA tattoo :3

and I can't wait for @Shannon to get her wave!!

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

I want another tattoo, something classier this time. I'm thinking of a super gothic-ish roman numeral 9 on my left deltoid. If people ask why I like the number, I would say it's NINE of your business. No, I wouldn't say that. I'm not that horrible.

But anyway, the number 9 is like my life number. My ll time favorite game is Final Fantasy 9, the anime that got me watching more anime is Cyborg 009, my birthday is on the 10th but according to the time in my birth place to where I am now, I was born on the 9th, and I helped Codex win the 9th Altador Cup, the list goes on etcetera and etcetera. 

#6 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

I have way too many tattoo ideas and such to post rn (I should be asleep), Howeverrrr I do wanna share a few of my favorite tattoo artists.

I follow way to many on IG xD

Kevin Ray (he is local/tattoos in my state!!) Bold lines, bright colors. I looooove it.

Spoiler

Kelly McGrath, she actually works with Kevin in the same shop, I also want a piece from her. Bold/bright, like kevin, but super cutesy/girly stuff lol

Spoiler

David Tevenal :wub:

Spoiler

Schwab/Painfulreminders. Little more on the caricature-side, I love his style.

Spoiler

Cody Eich

Spoiler

Ryan Ashley Malarkey

Spoiler

Linnae (similar style to Kelly McGrath, cutesy stuff) Would def recommend looking at her entire portfolio though, its all amazing http://linneapecseny...390-Tattoo.html

Spoiler

K thats all I'll post for now. I was only gonna post 2-3 but I couldnt decide/got carried away. There are still a few artists that I loooove, maybe I'll post them later. ;)

#7 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

There's been several, probably too many lol. They all die and someone else keeps making a new one.

I have one and I'm too lazy to keep repeating myself about it.

I currently don't have the desire to get another, but that could easily change if I gain inspiration.

#8 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

I want a Tattoo, but I wouldn't really know of what or where. I reckon It'd be on my hand(s)/Wrist(s).. 

Too bad its so hard to actually choose something :( 

#9 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:03 PM

I guess I could share that I love script tattoos, in Arabic and Elfish and Hebrew or anything of the sort. Lovely alphabets that I can't even read myself lol!

I'd definitely want something that went down my spine but I can't settle on a specific saying :3 

#10 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

I have way too many tattoo ideas and such to post rn (I should be asleep), Howeverrrr I do wanna share a few of my favorite tattoo artists.

I follow way to many on IG xD

Kevin Ray (he is local/tattoos in my state!!) Bold lines, bright colors. I looooove it.

Spoiler

Kelly McGrath, she actually works with Kevin in the same shop, I also want a piece from her. Bold/bright, like kevin, but super cutesy/girly stuff lol

Spoiler

David Tevenal :wub:

Spoiler

Schwab/Painfulreminders. Little more on the caricature-side, I love his style.

Spoiler

Cody Eich

Spoiler

Ryan Ashley Malarkey

Spoiler

Linnae (similar style to Kelly McGrath, cutesy stuff) Would def recommend looking at her entire portfolio though, its all amazing http://linneapecseny...390-Tattoo.html

Spoiler

K thats all I'll post for now. I was only gonna post 2-3 but I couldnt decide/got carried away. There are still a few artists that I loooove, maybe I'll post them later. ;)

I love all of them!

#11 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

I am the anomaly that kind of hates tattoos. My wife has a couple that are not displeasing, but I am still not a fan of tattoos in general. She wanted to get a full back one of a tree at one point. I strongly encouraged her not to and luckily she realized she would have hated it months later...

EDIT: I actually really like the Schwab/Painfulreminders ones. Esp the streetfighter one... ha

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

If I ever got a tattoo, it would probably be of a band logo or some song lyrics. Kind of lame I guess, but it's what I like.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:01 AM

I eventually want a huge tree on my back, like going up the side and coming over my right shoulder. I want an owl in the tree. I want a Harry Potter related tattoo, probably will get the deathly hallows symbol and a quote under it. And I've always wanted an abstract Cheshire cat.

I have no money for any of these so they've been on my list for quite a while, I'll just envy looking at other peoples instead.

#14 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

My next one will be my wife's name in Gallifreyan on my back just below my neck.
In the extremely unlikely chance we ever have kids ( :() I'd have their names added & connected.

Then I've always wanted: 

Spoiler

It has quite a bit of significance to my life & is quite tempting... but it's not my highest priority just yet.
I'd actually probably do the Blue Lantern Corps symbol on the back of my right hand second with their oath in some fancy blue font down my forearm.

"In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
When all seems lost in the War of Light,
Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

Have been contemplating a green triquetra on the back of my left wrist, Gundam Epyon & Wing Zero fighting on my left calf, and the barcode for Angel Sanctuary vol 1 on my neck at some point. Feel like I should have something Mega Man related somewhere also, but have been mulling on that for awhile now.

As for the one I have... got it my freshman year of college.

Needs a major touch up.
Old pic:

Spoiler

#15 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

I've got a fair few hours under my belt but want plenty more :p

Got a tribal sleeve which I got when I was 18 so don't judge me. It's pretty meh but i'll be adding Malaysian patterns to it to make it look a bit better at some point.

Got a jester on my other arm also at 18/19 which i'll be turning into a sleeve some day, just need to figure out what I want to add. Probably get a girl jester on my forearm looking all cute, and the rest can be decided when the time comes :p
Spoiler

And my favourite by far is my back piece. It's got my parrot as the main focus and a bunch of patterns and dot work around it, with a skull illusion type thing worked into it by accident. I've had more work done on it since, and it's still unfinished but this was during the first session and is one of the only pics i have of it so far. Second pic is after the first session, you can see the skull a bit better but still needs a lot more work before the end result obviously  :)
Spoiler
Spoiler

As for future tattoos I'd love to get my jester turnt into a sleeve, and I'd love to get some sort of tortoise tattoo on one of my legs as a tribute to my lil baby tortoise ^_^ Watercolour tattoos are really pretty so maybe the tortoise one will be in that style. I also love trash polka style tattoos, I don't know what it is about them but I'd like one of those in the future :D

Here's some pretty watercolour tattoos

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

#16 SIGMA

SIGMA
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

If I ever got a tattoo it would probably be a snake skeleton ouroboros centered on mid back.

I don't think I would get anything else.

Nothing really comes to mind that has significant meaning to me.

#17 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

@Dazz I loooove watercolor pieces. I need to find an artist around me who does that style.

EDIT: I actually really like the Schwab/Painfulreminders ones. Esp the streetfighter one... ha

Yeah, he is pretty dang awesome. I need to catch him guest spotting out on the east coast or at a tattoo convention. Cause he is in Vegas and thats soooo far from me. D:

Maybe if I ever find myself out there, I'll plan to get in his chair. haha

Jonathan Penchoff is one I accidentally left off, because it was late and I couldnt remember his IG handle.

He does a lot of Harry Potter tattoos.  *cough cough @Rocket cough*

The colors, detail, and creativity that goes into his work blows my miiiiind.

Spoiler

Now that I'm not half asleep, some of the tattoo ideas I have/some of the pieces I want are things like:

-Ewok thigh piece, with Wicket standing on a storm trooper bucket, and the ewok concept artwork. I'm all about some concept art, idk why.

-a landscape-y type piece, sunset colors, with a windmill.

-a pair of (haircutting) shears, possibly with barber pole colors behind it.

-Dogwood flowers

-Beauty & the beast piece

-Kevin Ray landscape-y piece with "PMA" on it

-BA looking fox

-Moon on my left foot (I have the sun on my right, for lyrics by one of my favorite bands)

-Army of darkness/evil dead/bruce campbell piece

-Death note piece

-Mario piece

There are reasons for all of them but I dont feel like getting into all that. I also have more I want, but thats the bulk of them. lol

EDIT:

I just remembered two more artists, who I will probably never get the opportunity to get tattooed by but whatever. (can y'all tell I like tattoos??)

Onnie O'leary -- lives in Sydney D:

Some of his work is NSFW, so you'll just have to look him up on IG if you wanna see some of his better stuff lol

Spoiler

Sasha Unisex

Spoiler

#18 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:00 PM

@Dazz I loooove watercolor pieces. I need to find an artist around me who does that style.

Yeah, he is pretty dang awesome. I need to catch him guest spotting out on the east coast or at a tattoo convention. Cause he is in Vegas and thats soooo far from me. D:

Maybe if I ever find myself out there, I'll plan to get in his chair. haha

Jonathan Penchoff is one I accidentally left off, because it was late and I couldnt remember his IG handle.

He does a lot of Harry Potter tattoos.  *cough cough @Rocket cough*

The colors, detail, and creativity that goes into his work blows my miiiiind.

Spoiler

Now that I'm not half asleep, some of the tattoo ideas I have/some of the pieces I want are things like:

-Ewok thigh piece, with Wicket standing on a storm trooper bucket, and the ewok concept artwork. I'm all about some concept art, idk why.

-a landscape-y type piece, sunset colors, with a windmill.

-a pair of (haircutting) shears, possibly with barber pole colors behind it.

-Dogwood flowers

-Beauty & the beast piece

-Kevin Ray landscape-y piece with "PMA" on it

-BA looking fox

-Moon on my left foot (I have the sun on my right, for lyrics by one of my favorite bands)

-Army of darkness/evil dead/bruce campbell piece

-Death note piece

-Mario piece

There are reasons for all of them but I dont feel like getting into all that. I also have more I want, but thats the bulk of them. lol

My best friend just finished getting a Beauty and the Beast half sleeve. It's fucking gorgeous. 

Spoiler

I might like something on my scar (called zipper scars by people who have this type of brain surgery, cuz if the NS uses stitches or staples, it looks like zipper). But I'm worried if I get a tattoo and then I end up needing another surgery (very possible, a lot of people end up getting a couple revisions) it'll get all fucked up when they go back in e.e

#19 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

My best friend just finished getting a Beauty and the Beast half sleeve. It's fucking gorgeous.

I might like something on my scar (called zipper scars by people who have this type of brain surgery, cuz if the NS uses stitches or staples, it looks like zipper). But I'm worried if I get a tattoo and then I end up needing another surgery (very possible, a lot of people end up getting a couple revisions) it'll get all fucked up when they go back in e.e

Oh man, that is lovely. :o I'm jealous.

Also, yeah... that probably wouldnt be good if you needed another surgery. However... life is short and you should do whatcha want! lol

#20 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:08 PM

Oh man, that is lovely. :o I'm jealous.

Also, yeah... that probably wouldnt be good if you needed another surgery. However... life is short and you should do whatcha want! lol

Also, was the song you referenced (sun and moon) by The Bravery by chance? ;o

And yeah, her tat is beautiful. She got it at a great deal. I think she did like 3-5 sessions. I don't remember though.

#21 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

Also, was the song you referenced (sun and moon) by The Bravery by chance? ;o

Mewithoutyou, actually. ;)

#22 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:20 PM

I love tattoos but I'm way too indecisive to settle on one and also placement. I don't want a massive tattoo but all the ones I know I undoubtedly love, are massive ones that cover my back or rib cage.

I love and remember when @Adam got his FMA tattoo :3

and I can't wait for @Shannon to get her wave!!

:D This summer... NYC.... Jonboy. If I have the balls lol

#23 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

:D This summer... NYC.... Dr. Woo. If I have the balls lol

Ooh, his tattoos are fantastic. Don't you have to be on a wait list for like 6 months if you're not a B+ celebrity?

#24 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:50 PM

Tattoo conventions are your friend :p Or if there's an artist a little bit of distance away I'd say it's definitely worth travelling for! They're too pretty to pass up  ^_^

#25 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:37 AM

Seriously:  "My SS:<my social security number>" in small font Braille hidden somewhere on my body (white ink?) that's unlikely to get mutilated, so if I die they can identify me.

Artistically:  Watercolor tats

Spoiler

I'm really into the splashy look, but something photo realistic like that butterfly is also awesome

Edited by DregsandDregs, 30 January 2016 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users