#1 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Makeup Contest #1

Theme: Valentine's Day

2ypitf7.png

Valentine's Day is fast approaching! It's a holiday that means something different for everyone - whether it be a romantic day full of roses and heart shaped candy, just another day, or a crippling reminder of how lonely you are. Whatever it is for you, this is your chance to express it through makeup and possibly win a little makeup spending money.

Starts: NOW!

Entries due: 11:59 NST Sunday, 28 February 2016
Voting ends: 11:59 NST Sunday, 6 March 2016

Guidelines/Rules:

:heart: Design a makeup look with some sort of Valentine's Day theme, on yourself or a willing victim...erm... I mean, model.

:heart: Take a close-up (neck and above) picture of it and send it to me via PM.

:heart: Include a quick summary/explanation of the makeup. (Example: "I chose to go with an all black, smokey eye look and black matte lipstick with ghost white foundation and plum blush and contouring, inspired by how dead I feel inside as I watch all of the happy couples pass me by, and my black heart that is incapable of love.")  :hypocrite:

:heart: The look may be as simple or elaborate as you choose, just keep in mind that you will likely be judged based on skill, creativity, application, etc.

:heart: Besides cropping and/or re-sizing, do not edit the picture in any way (meaning no photoshopping, filters, etc.)

:heart: Obviously, don't try to pass someone else's picture/work off as your own.

:heart: One entry per person.

Prizes
1st: $10 Sephora eGift Card (or other makeup store/brand of your choice)

100,000 np

2nd: 1mil Kwin (donated by Tauriel)

Edited by renegade, 19 February 2016 - 11:51 PM.

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

Awesome idea! :) Unfortunately awards are for Private+ only. :p But I would like to donate 1mil Kwin (from Kaylune) for the runner up! 

#3 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

So is this solely judged by yourself or is it a group judging situation? :) 

#4 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

So is this solely judged by yourself or is it a group judging situation? :)

I was thinking judged by the community in a poll like I've seen in most similar competitions on the forum (post the pictures with a number and put the numbers in the poll). Seems like the best route right? :p

Awesome idea! :) Unfortunately awards are for Private+ only. :p But I would like to donate 1mil Kwin (from Kaylune) for the runner up! 

Thank you, added your prize to the list and removed the part about the award :D

#5 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

I have only worn make up like 3 times. @Romy you should be a model or artist~

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

I have only worn make up like 3 times. @Romy you should be a model or artist~

I love you a lot. Not that much though.

#7 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Can anyone do it? Or just Private+?

#8 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

Can anyone do it? Or just Private+?

Anyone can participate, she was just saying that only Private+ can host contests that give out "awards."

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:48 PM

Anyone can participate, she was just saying that only Private+ can host contests that give out "awards."

Yep this! Sorry OP edited that bit out so my post looks kind of out of place without context lol :p

#10 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

oh ok lol. Thanks! I will definitely be doing this one!

#11 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

Sorry that I haven't updated anything with this. I'm having to move unexpectedly so things are a bit chaotic right now.

Anyways, I only had 2 people enter :\ I thought I'd have quite a few more considering the amount of people who expressed interest when I asked who would be interested in such a contest. For that reason, I think I'm going to postpone this until a later date (obviously with a different theme, maybe something similar though). Or, maybe I'll try to think of a contest that more people would be interested in participating in. 

I apologize to the two ladies who entered. You both did a great job and had awesome entries. @cassiopeiic @ChaoticBeauty I'd post them, but I wasn't sure if you would want me to.

#12 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:41 PM

@renegade that's unfortunate! But sometimes it happens that people are more excited than assertive :) For future contests you could try postponing and advertising through status updates - I've always found they bring in some last-minute entries.

If you want, I'd say it's still possible to do that and continue on, despite our names being revealed - we would've probably been recognized either way ;)

#13 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:13 AM

Sorry that I haven't updated anything with this. I'm having to move unexpectedly so things are a bit chaotic right now.

Anyways, I only had 2 people enter :\ I thought I'd have quite a few more considering the amount of people who expressed interest when I asked who would be interested in such a contest. For that reason, I think I'm going to postpone this until a later date (obviously with a different theme, maybe something similar though). Or, maybe I'll try to think of a contest that more people would be interested in participating in. 

I apologize to the two ladies who entered. You both did a great job and had awesome entries. @cassiopeiic @ChaoticBeauty I'd post them, but I wasn't sure if you would want me to.

Even with only two entries, I would like to say, it would have been a good idea to still post the poll/entries. Some people not have entered because they are afraid, or uncertain, or maybe this particular theme didn't suit them. Try not to feel bad. Some writing contests have literally only gotten a single entry. This is a specialized interest and is generally, though not necessarily, female-centric or for gender fluid (and I'd like to note, dudes can totally wear makeup and there is nothing wrong with it, but some men might be uncomfortable with the idea). Also, it's a very busy month for a lot of people and there are a ton of V-Day contests up. So, there are a lot of little reasons why people may not have submitted.

This is such a cool contest idea, so I hope you don't give up on it altogether. @renegade

#14 savethekings

savethekings
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

Maybe even though there were only two entries, we can still do the contest, just maybe not with $25 prize, since I know that is a lot of money. But they can get the kwin, or maybe we can pitch in for neopoints prize or something? I like the idea though!!! @renegade

#15 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

Thanks @savethekings :)

I've updated the prizes slightly and I'm extending the contest until March 1st. If anyone wants to help donate NPs, etc so the prize pool is more enticing, let me know :*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users