• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

come and discuss the greatest show on earth here.

tumblr_m0yek3BbZE1qc8ie7o2_250.gif

Spoiler

#2 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

Kim Chi for SURE.

Derrick Barry is amazing.

I'll wait to judge the rest. They all look hella fierce :D I don't usually watch the show I just catch the highlights on youtube :3

#3 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:01 PM

Kim Chi for SURE.

Derrick Barry is amazing.

I'll wait to judge the rest. They all look hella fierce :D I don't usually watch the show I just catch the highlights on youtube :3

derrick is such a great britney impersonator. it's uncanny!

the worst looking queen is laila (gurl what is that wig) but it's her shtick so whatevs. she seems funny tho.

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

I don't like how you limited this to homosexuals. There are also the 3/5 of the non-straight acronym plus the straights. 

I already love Cynthia. She will be the underdog I'm rooting for when I'm not hollering for BTDQ to win the whole thing.

Bob, tho. Her style of lipsynching to voice overs is Bianca del rio caliber.

She.

Can.

Perform.

Right now, the only person that didn't impress me was Derrick Barry purely from the Meet the Queens videos, but my impressions have been wrong so far. i.e. Kennedy Davenport.

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

Damn, that's a long video.

Derrick's head is kinda scary, like when Weird Al made a parody video of Born This Way, at least in that photo. Is it like that normally?

#6 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

Bob for queen 2016! 
If not her then Cynthia, Robbie and Laila all have my vote

Chi chi and Naomi seemed like the dullest ones for me. Hopefully I'm wrong

Edited by Roger5, 02 February 2016 - 10:27 PM.

#7 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

Bob for queen 2016! 
If not her then Cynthia, Robbie and Laila all have my vote

Chi chi and Naomi seemed like the dullest ones for me. Hopefully I'm wrong

Speaking of Robbie, do you think that if she lasts up to Snatch Game, she'll win that challenge. She has some tough expectations of her from being a Seattle queen and having both Jinkx and Ben winning with unconventional characters?

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:32 PM

i like that we all have our own different sets of favorites. we'll see who's the best when the show airs. :rolleyes:

I don't like how you limited this to homosexuals. There are also the 3/5 of the non-straight acronym plus the straights. 

I already love Cynthia. She will be the underdog I'm rooting for when I'm not hollering for BTDQ to win the whole thing.

Bob, tho. Her style of lipsynching to voice overs is Bianca del rio caliber.

She.

Can.

Perform.

Right now, the only person that didn't impress me was Derrick Barry purely from the Meet the Queens videos, but my impressions have been wrong so far. i.e. Kennedy Davenport.

i legit didn't realize straight folks watch this too lol. oops. usually i don't go looking for the queens performance videos but i think this season i will make an exception. what you don't like about derrick?

Damn, that's a long video.

Derrick's head is kinda scary, like when Weird Al made a parody video of Born This Way, at least in that photo. Is it like that normally?

it's a fan-made and was edited from lots of videos into a long video. yeah, derrick body-head proportions is kinda weird but i kinda like it for some reason. :lol2:

#9 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

what you don't like about derrick?

Again, this is purely from her Meet the Queens video. I haven't seen anything about her outside this video.

I don't necessarily don't like her for what she does, but rather it's kinda boring because we've kinda seen a lot of something like her in the past. I don't want to compare her to past queens because I want to know how she performs, but all I can think of is that she is Chad Michael's impersonation, Bendelacreme's showgirl, Tatiana's attitude, and Courtney Act's humor and fishiness. The only thing that sticks out for me is that she is in that triogamy relationship with Nebraska, but that doesn't tell me about what she can offer as a performer uniquely.  

#10 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

Speaking of Robbie, do you think that if she lasts up to Snatch Game, she'll win that challenge. She has some tough expectations of her from being a Seattle queen and having both Jinkx and Ben winning with unconventional characters?

It could happen, but like you said she has a long legacy to top when she goes for a classic. I think Bob would come out with something fresher and funnier, but that's just speculations from this me. i don't know any of them.

#11 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:46 PM

Just re-watched the 'Meet the Queens'

Acid Betty- Not a huge fan off the bat. I think her makeup has room for improvement and that Chola lip with the line down the centre of the bottom lip irks me to no end. Her quote at the end about clowns being drag queens is just a little OTT for me while I can see where she's coming from and not closing off the boundaries of a drag queen she just seems a little bit of a hot mess to me.

Bob the Drag Queen - Love the sarcasm. Love the punchy lip. I don't know if she'll go far but she's at least very light hearted, I love it. 

Chi Chi - THE SASS ohhhh. I love it and her demeanour. She said she likes the use of unconventional materials so that'll be cool to see what she makes. 

Cynthia - her accent. From the get go, I love her. Her commitment to her character. ugh. I love her poise.

Dax - 'Glitter Punk' I love her but I also hate her. Interested to watch her, I feel she'll be very dramatic or just not give a flying f. Also she loves Ian McK sooooo....... <3 <3 <3

Derrick - She's so pink and basic but I love her. I just want to see these outrageous outfits she says she has. Also she's in triad relationship? neato.

Kim Chi - Her makeup kills me. I just hope she is as entertaining as she seems. She sounds like out of drag she has a lot of dreams. I want to see her lip synch the Dixie Chicks omfg haha

Laila - ugh her bangs kill me. gross. no. I am just so annoyed by this person in general. Her drawn on mole makes me nauseous. ugh. no. pls. no.

Naomi - I love her and she loves Raven so I love her. her legs omg. I hope she is fierce as hell and doesn't disappoint. 

Naysha - Seems possibly a little boring. There is something I really don't like about her that irks me but I can't tell yet. She seems soft though and enjoyable. I hope to see her funny side I love the comedic queens that aren't too OTT.

Robbie- She kind of uhm reminds me of Carole Burnett I think it is. I HATE HER HAIR OMFG. But she seems like she can be dope... I like that she's a throwback but I really do hope she has other hair because I can't get past this. LOL she says she has a carole burnett type show. I die. I love her already. 

Thorgy - She doesn't like emojis... game over. She has the ability to win me over but as of now... blah. There's a reason it took her every season to audition and finally get on. 

Whew. That's done. 

#12 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:19 AM

Rumour has it Bob The Drag Queen will be top 3.

I'm team Acid Betty, I hope she has enough time at the dressing room to create a SICKENING makeup.

I'm so in love with Laila out-of-drag. :wub:

Spoiler

#13 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

So much dickpigging for Laila out of drag.

It's the pearl mess all over again.

#14 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

So much dickpigging for Laila out of drag.
It's the pearl mess all over again.

This time we know better. I never liked Pearl very much, though, but the bitch knows how to dress for the runway. Pretty much the only thing she does amazingly!

#15 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

I'm so in love with Laila out-of-drag. :wub:

Spoiler

hubba hubba. :wub: rooting for laila now lol.

so i just checked rpdr8 wikipedia and from the list of contestants i realised 8 out of 12 of these queens are over 30 years old. what is this? rupaul's seniors drag race? where the prodigous drag queens at?

#16 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

i like Laila masculine version. not drag :/ 

#17 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

so i just checked rpdr8 wikipedia and from the list of contestants i realised 8 out of 12 of these queens are over 30 years old. what is this? rupaul's seniors drag race? where the prodigous drag queens at?

Probably in the ER from trying to corset their waist to be smaller than Violet's.

Or sucking WOWpresent and Logo's dick to be on next year.

But really, nothing really changed in age demographic of contestants in an extreme way compared to other seasons. The only real change in age is that there is no one above the age of 40 in this cast.

#18 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

What the heck is going on in this thread this show that youtube video. I'm lost.

#19 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

What the heck is going on in this thread this show that youtube video. I'm lost.

It's a competition. 
America's Next Top Model but for Drag Queens... plus more humor

#20 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

More official videos

#21 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

The super trailer is here!

#22 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

The super trailer is here!

"if i wanna do ratchet drag next week can you gimme any tips?"
"you wanna do like memorable drag next week."

NEDfBxa.gif

naomi giving legs for dayyyys... derrick being adorbz... nicole richie... one of the queens falling off the stage lmao... ahhh, march 7th please come sooner!!

there's a looks chart from reddit but i only glanced at it because i don't want to be spoiled so much ----------> http://imgur.com/sAW7g5X

#23 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

"What if I pulled the crown out of my tits, WOA.. I ALREADY GOT IT!" 
LMAO PLEASE DO, BOB <3

#24 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:04 AM

today's the new york premiere of the first episode. someone from the audience recorded the queens' entrance. the quality is tragic but i'm living for it regardless. :heart:

Spoiler

#25 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

tomorrow's the premiere!! :x3:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users