neopetbuttpicture

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#1 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

What are the reasons you still play Neo? Have goals in mind? The people on the site? Had a random event that makes you come back for more? 

Conversely, what made you quit/makes you want to quit?

#2 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:00 PM

Well until I got banned, I played because I really really enjoyed some of the games. Also I was just finishing up some of my original goals that I had as a child when first playing.  

Honestly it's a site I feel so comfortable maneuvering around, and it felt like home. 

#3 juvian

juvian
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

I just need to catch'em all. Not stopping till then

Reasons to quit: friend leave, friends get frozen, nobody plays anymore

#4 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

I love the people, I love customizing the pets, and I love how much there is to do on the site. I feel comfortable with Neopets, it kinda feels like home.

#5 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

My goal was a WODF. Also, I was close to getting bronze stamp trophy. Then col cold freezy time came around

#6 DreadPirateRoberts

DreadPirateRoberts
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:45 AM

Collecting stamps , neodeck cards, and stuff for my gallery. 

#7 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

I can't stop collecting. Stamps. Trophies. Avatars. And the little site events. I really hope there's another one coming up soon. What would be bloody golden would be another proper plot - Tale of Woe was the freaking best. But I ain't holding out for that, I really doubt it'll happen.

#8 dboyisdanman

dboyisdanman
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:29 AM

I dont even play anymore lol, everything is automated for me.  The game plays itself and I just collect my riches.

#9 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:42 AM

Honestly, the only reason keeping me playing is to keep raising my bank account. And to achieve one pending goal

#10 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

For some reason I'm still attached to my grey uc pet. And I really wanted to satisfy certain goals (MSPP av, SUAP av, 300+ avs). That's done. So now I just earn neopoints cuz it's like meh, why not. Now I'm mostly excited for AC since I'm more active on Neocodex now. I look forward to being apart of the Codex team this year. :3

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

I like having enough neopoints to buy whatever food I want.

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:06 AM

Sadly I don't really play anymore, I wish there was a reason to however. I run my dailies (automated) every day, use my lab zap, and buy 1000 stocks. If there is a neomail about an item I have on the TP, I may respond if they're not lowballing me. This is my routine every day. 

#13 testing321123

testing321123
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

Aiming to earn my first 10million.

#14 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

It's basically just neo tycoon for me now. Just amass as much np as possible cause you can :p

#15 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:38 AM

I somewhat like trading NC to give my pets nice outfits. Other than automated dailies I don't do all that much. Sometimes I attempt joining a guild, but they're all quite meh and pretty much the same.

#16 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:05 AM

Haven't really played in a while.

#17 Sadist

Sadist
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

As others have said, it feels like home. Even after I quit for awhile I still find myself coming back.

#18 koutei

koutei
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

I like to make my own goals, whether it be making bank, buying clothes, or getting trophies. Keeps me occupied.

#19 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

@KittyNikki how long have you been playing? xD
And what people do you like? The cheaters that pretend to be legit players? The crying babies that complain every year about the cheaters during the AC because they're too scared to join Codex? The ball suckers that say TNT is perfect because they're trying to fall in their "good graces"? The scammers that are constantly offering 100k on your trades with a value of millions and when you reject their offer they report you to TNT because your shop layout is bad for their eyes? Or the envious pile of crap that hovers around the PC trying to get everyone's UC converted and others' accounts banned because they envy whatever they have? :p

I don't even play. The game isn't funny anymore, the site and the people that run it are a cesspit, incapable of having good judgment for business decisions, they treat their players like a bag of shit, they lost the little credibility they had when they started stealing money (not to mention fanart).
I just keep my accounts in hopes of the return of the massive duping glitch, or annual events such as the AC.
I'm currently moving my assets to a fewer accounts (I've got everything way too scattered in too many accounts) so I can donate to contests here.

#20 Crocodoris

Crocodoris
  • 14 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:41 AM

I've been on hiatus for quite a while, like 2 years or so. A week before I was so bored that I visited my neopets account and.. got kinda addicted again.. but I'm still not sure about my longtime goals. Or if I'll stay for more than a few weeks. Fact is, I love ABing, battling and trading on Neopets. xD And I have so many childhood memories! When I think about them I get sad because Neopets has changed so much.. *sigh*

#21 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

I liked the BD community, even though they were pompous asshats. I had a decent lab rat pet, decent set etc. I loved plot wars. Like the faeries ruin was great. And meridell vs darigan. That was my main draw initially I think.

#22 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

@Katya I like the people who are nice and willing to help others. I haven't ran into ay of the people you are talking about. I don't trade, I have never had/wanted a UC pet, and No matter where you are/what you play there will always be whiny little brats, there will always be cheaters, and there will always be someone "better than you".

I like Neopets because there is still quite a bit to do and collect, there are new things added,every now and again, and I fell in love with the site 13 years ago. Sometimes no matter how shitty something gets you will still have a soft spot for it. I took a large hiatus, because of family issues, and now that I'm back I can tell some things have changed, but for the most part there are at least a few things that have remained wholly unchanged. I'm sorry that you have had to deal with a lot of bullshit, but not everyone has had the same experiences as you, just the same way not everyone has had the same experiences as I have. 

I have had four accounts frozen and I've lost millions of NP, and quite a few of my beloved,if oddly named pets, but you can always start over.

#23 Aequaleis

Aequaleis
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Reason why: Nostalgia, mainly.

Reason why not: Lack of players. Not as fun when there's not as many playing :/

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

@Katya I like the people who are nice and willing to help others. I haven't ran into ay of the people you are talking about. I don't trade, I have never had/wanted a UC pet, and No matter where you are/what you play there will always be whiny little brats, there will always be cheaters, and there will always be someone "better than you".

I like Neopets because there is still quite a bit to do and collect, there are new things added,every now and again, and I fell in love with the site 13 years ago. Sometimes no matter how shitty something gets you will still have a soft spot for it. I took a large hiatus, because of family issues, and now that I'm back I can tell some things have changed, but for the most part there are at least a few things that have remained wholly unchanged. I'm sorry that you have had to deal with a lot of bullshit, but not everyone has had the same experiences as you, just the same way not everyone has had the same experiences as I have. 

I have had four accounts frozen and I've lost millions of NP, and quite a few of my beloved,if oddly named pets, but you can always start over.

I honestly thought you were joking or being ironic. I'm so sorry for assuming it. e_e

I'm glad you were able to find nice people on the game and that you can still enjoy it. :)

#25 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

I honestly thought you were joking or being ironic. I'm so sorry for assuming it. e_e

I'm glad you were able to find nice people on the game and that you can still enjoy it. :)

You're fine. You do not have to apologise for making an assumption. Honestly I wish there were more people that still played and enjoyed it, but I can definitely see why a lot of people hate Neopets anymore. As soon as it stops amusing me I will more than likely stop playing. I have never spent any money on Neopets, and It is honestly highly unlikely that I ever will.

No hard feelings ok? ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users