Why do you keep playing?

neopetbuttpicture

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#226 Returningplayer

Returningplayer
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:16 PM

Well, just got chain frozen. Bummer. I think that was my last attempt at playing neo. I would almost consider getting back into it if they unfroze my old main.

What do you think did you in? I want to avoid getting frozen at least until I get enough nps to get the "fun bd items" I always wanted.

#227 Natalya

Natalya
  • 61 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

I have way to much free time at work and can only play so much Realm Grinder. I'm honestly pretty sad it just seems so stale, I'm thinking they have one lonely soul writing the 'News' and some graphic designer churning out NC wearables. There's no imagination left  :unsure:

#228 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

I dont.

okay so I view the webpage from time to time, just to see if i'm still alive ~

#229 Yessie

Yessie
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:29 AM

I guess cause I have nothing else to do so maybe nostalgia, also I fee like one of those few people who enjoys customizing their pet.

#230 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:40 AM

I love customizing my pets! I do not think that you are in the few. More like the majority since the site kinda died out.

#231 smashie90

smashie90
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

I personally love everything about neopets. You meet new and exciting people, get to play games, and earn NP to collect virtual items. It helps me to relax after a hard day at work and it gives me something to do in the morning when I am drinking my coffee. It is also a nostalgia thing. I played so much when I was younger and picked it up again a few weeks ago.

#232 Sella

Sella
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:07 AM

Just so many years spent, that it's hard to let go...

#233 Krolikzima

Krolikzima
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Cause it took me forever to get my water draik and she's my freaking baby and one of my dreamies. 

#234 kiuarthur

kiuarthur
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

honestly i dont know why...im very scared of being freezed but i keep on buying stuff from others and transferring to my main..

once it gets frozen im probably out lols

#235 avalanche

avalanche
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

mostly for nostalgic reasons. neopets is a great escape from the real world during my down time. its also fun to work towards goals and characterize your pets

#236 Aurelion

Aurelion
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

It's a huge part of my life, also, big stress reliever :')

#237 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:46 PM

I don't really still play per say. I go in and out of periods of botting and selling my junk, and I'm currently out. I still check back every few days on average, but I don't really do anything in particular on there.

#238 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:03 AM

I haven't played in months. What took up maybe 25% of my day for around 12 years has been reduced to less than .1%, if at all. I'm honestly unsure whether or not I'm going to return, but I have a shell aging nicely for if I ever decide to. From what I've heard about the state of Neo right now there seems to be less and less to return to.

But what kept me playing for 12+ years? When I still had my childhood account, it was just the fact that I was so proud of it and wanted to keep improving it. Neo was just something I did. Logging on to play for an hour or two a day was once just a part of normal daily life for me.

#239 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:46 AM

I keep coming back now because I lost my main in the purge all because I used a fake birthday because, yeah it's the internet and I didnt want to put that out there. So now I'm trying to recreate my main, which will be impossible because they would have all been UCs except one which would have been auto converted. I hope spect I'll play, take a break and come back many times.

#240 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

It's just a nostalgic trip for me. Being disabled now, and only able to work minimal days a week, it gives me something to do. I do admit it's gotten a little less fun over the years. However, I can't help but love it!

#241 Codeine

Codeine
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

I still play for the people who are there. 

#242 tentacleness

tentacleness
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:48 AM

I used to enjoy it a lot more when I was younger when I appreciated the effort that was put in, but now it's just a lifeless shell of nothing... and polka dot pets. I just do some dailies and log off. Not interested in making friends anymore either, lol. It feels wrong to completely abandon it since it was part of my childhood though.

#243 Jorogumo

Jorogumo
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

As a kid I daydreamed about having a baller account with awesome stuff on it, and I still sort of want that. Eventually I might just drop a bunch of cash on items and achieve that goal, and move on.

#244 Bonks

Bonks
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:09 AM

Dreamed of having a super strong battledome pet as a kid and now I'm just living out my dreams now that I better understand things haha.

#245 Stryker11487

Stryker11487
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:30 PM

So I've been around 18 or so years, albeit my original main got iced so I'm sitting at 16 I think. I've come and gone and come and gone more times than I care to admit, same for my activities and usage of Neocodex. Truth be told it's a combination of nostalgia and sort of a Neopets Tycoon. I can still remember the first item I got hustled on, a rainbow negg that I was trying to turn into a starry paint brush (used to be "paint brush of the stars"), it was forever ago. I come around nearly every advent calendar and collect the books and petpets cause I think they're pretty awesome trophies...

I've had a couple accounts, including my original main, iced. I've sort of come and gone with the times. Neopets is consuming for short periods of time, like Mario and all it's renditions. It's good to get a fix in every now and again.

#246 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

Fuck, wrong post... I dont even know how to delete comments...

#247 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

Fuck, wrong post... I dont even know how to delete comments...

I don't think we can, unless we PM a mod or something.

#248 soy

soy
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

dont really play 2 much

but im hella gay so im here

#249 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

I'm trying to get back into it! I played a ton when I was a kid, and the nostalgia got me to come back. I invested in a lot of KQ plushes for cute tokens, I have (very small) hopes that it'll come back someday.

#250 Kashe

Kashe
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

Hello i dont find the thread to make my question. Maybe i can get solved here.  ¿Why do items database aren't updated? Im currently paying the sub 5/month to make big profits. But there are many objects that are not in the database. Like Snowfall in the Night Background Isn't at the item database. Where is the best place to make the AB list? thanks a lot for answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users