Why do you keep playing?

neopetbuttpicture

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#51 Puppycat

Puppycat
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

Sometimes I liked to live on the edge: Keyquest+Habi+Abrosia at the same time. Pretty effecient stuff.

I've tried abrosia but it worries me as it shows loads being active on my taskbar at the bottom x but yeah I hope they bring both back, I also wish there were more users again. There's like noone to talk to

#52 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:37 PM

All this trading, restocking, and so on is pretty fun! Especially with the edge we have here with Abrosia and all. xP

#53 Sylas

Sylas
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

Coming back after about 7 years of quitting, game looks massively different.  I left after being annoyed by cookie grabbers ALL the time and there just wasn't a point of playing.  You would also get frozen for coughing back then!

#54 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

Coming back after about 7 years of quitting, game looks massively different.  I left after being annoyed by cookie grabbers ALL the time and there just wasn't a point of playing.  You would also get frozen for coughing back then!

I feel like the freezing is just as or more rampant now. And the silencing on the boards is crazy. You get burned for the most random ass stuff there.

#55 Knocturne

Knocturne
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

The game is a pretty gross example of an unregulated capitalist economy. The truth is that there isn't and hasn't been for many years a way to get "rich" if you're not already rich. The real reason things are worth less now is because they became worth so much and the wealth was accumulated into the hands of a few. When some of those users quit that took a massive amount of NP out of the economy and nobody can afford to pay the insanely high prices.

The people who were rich enough to buy suap or gsword or any of those super expensive items before the dupes were the people who had an advantage from starting before everybody else and building a mall or taking advantage of things that were no longer in supply.

Even now, there's no way a legititmate player is making 100m from scratch. That would take years. 

There's no longer a way for a legitimate player to build the money factories plaguing neopian society for years (malls) from scratch because the average shop size in the main marketplace is now over 800 which requires 100m+ just to get an empty shop that size.

#56 Urbex

Urbex
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this user.

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

I'm playing now for the nostalgia of when I was much younger playing for hours and hours on end trying to make millions of NP and get 300+ avatars...reaching these goals would've been easy if I hadn't gotten my old main frozen, especially because it'd be around 8 years old now lol

#57 H3nryx

H3nryx
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:05 AM

I honestly do not know, I find myself on Neo alot more now.

I don't actually feel like I'm DOING much.

My routine goes :

Check trades > Buy / sell stocks > Some dailies and a few games > Check BD and trade boards > Train a pet

Rinse repeat, I think I just enjoy seeing my neopoints just go up and up and up.

The battledome used to be my number one thing to do to pass time and that ...well I really don't like the BD now lol.

#58 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:35 AM

I only do daily lab ray than logout. LOL! :)

#59 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

This SUPER INSPIRING FACEBOOK POST is why I keep cheating though.

Spoiler

#60 Chocolitaz

Chocolitaz
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:10 PM

Nostalgia. That's really the only reason. 

#61 Usukigirl

Usukigirl
  • 12 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:24 PM

Nostalgia and hopefully one day getting my UC pet dreams. I will sell my soul for the UC pets I want at this point.

#62 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:32 AM

i hate lab ray.... i keep getting negative points for almost 2 weeks. awwwwwwwwwwwwww! :(

#63 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

That was a struggle I had with the lab ray. At one point I would try to train level and defense while labbing, it wasn't worth it. 

#64 NeoK

NeoK
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

I've been playing since I was 8 or 9.. I'm 18 now. I play because it is a great time passer, and I'm still trying to complete my goals. (:

#65 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

Has anyone heard if they are planning on doing a plot/war in the future? Or is new content (other than NC) a thing of the past?

#66 lakalol

lakalol
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

Has anyone heard if they are planning on doing a plot/war in the future? Or is new content (other than NC) a thing of the past?

I heard that Jumpstart discontinued plots/wars. I'm sure someone can clarify.

#67 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

Wait, really? I know the skirmish battles things are still going. Haven't heard of a new plot in a while though? Not that I've been keeping track really till recently.

#68 Likkriue

Likkriue
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

I play sporadically. So there's that.

#69 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:59 AM

i used to looooove playing keyquest!

these days it never loads for me so i just go on to do dailies 

want to start collecting stamps and cards, and read books to my pets and train them

took a 4 year long hiatus and regret it so much because i missed out on so many site events and avatars D:

#70 lakalol

lakalol
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:53 AM

Wait, really? I know the skirmish battles things are still going. Haven't heard of a new plot in a while though? Not that I've been keeping track really till recently.

Don't quote me on it lol. But I seriously doubt Jumpstart will do major events with a comic, long battles, etc. if they can't fix basic issues with the site.

i used to looooove playing keyquest!

these days it never loads for me so i just go on to do dailies

Keyquest is indefinitely offline for everyone. After Jumpstart took over they ditched it, Habitarium, and Petpet Park. Apparently they're working on getting Keyquest back but I seriously doubt it.

#71 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

Don't quote me on it lol. But I seriously doubt Jumpstart will do major events with a comic, long battles, etc. if they can't fix basic issues with the site.

Keyquest is indefinitely offline for everyone. After Jumpstart took over they ditched it, Habitarium, and Petpet Park. Apparently they're working on getting Keyquest back but I seriously doubt it.

oh what!! no way i used to play it like for 5 hours straight and be one of those dickheads that would quit if i wasnt coming first xD

i hope they bring it back :/

#72 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Codex is kind of my enabler. I come here for the forums and the next thing I know I'm checking my neopets account and pep talking myself into playing regularly. That momentum lasts for 40 minutes, I say Seriously? Fuck this. and then I repeat the whole process right around the time I wonder whats happening on neocodex. 

#73 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:00 PM

I remember loving Habi and Key Quest so much too. I would log on to Habi every so often, it was genuinely fun vs the other things out on the internet. In contrast, most Neopet games are rather outdated of course.

I still wish either/both were back, really. I might spend even more time on the site if so, instead of mainly doing ABing related stuff or dailies. The odds don't seem particularly good though, under the JumpStart management and given that they've had all this time to bring either or both game back by now.

#74 Ubers

Ubers
  • Banned from trading: Do not trade with this member!

• 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

I think I only play for the nostalgia now. I mean I do enjoy it too but....mostly nostalgia

#75 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

I play because I like cheating and I keep expecting the game to go down any time.  If this makes any sense, I check in once every year or so to see if the game is still around, only to get hooked for a month or so.  I've done (nearly) everything there is to do, but maybe Flight Rising will finally allow me to fully move on. We'll see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users