Why do you keep playing?

neopetbuttpicture

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#76 invigoration

invigoration
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:30 PM

I play cos I like to cheat too. And I've been on neopets since young, once as a legit player. Feels good to get everything this easily now!

#77 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:42 PM

One day I'll sell my account and np and pets and have a little bit of money to show for all this wasted time.

But until then, I like training my pet, ab'ing, amassing game trophies, and altador cup shenanigans.

#78 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:36 AM

One day I'll sell my account and np and pets and have a little bit of money to show for all this wasted time.

But until then, I like training my pet, ab'ing, amassing game trophies, and altador cup shenanigans.

If Neopets lasts that long...  :unsure:

Somehow, I've been playing for years and still can't manage to hold on to a few million NP at a time.  :lol2:

#79 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

If Neopets lasts that long...  :unsure:

Somehow, I've been playing for years and still can't manage to hold on to a few million NP at a time.  :lol2:

What do you spend it on? Because with the resources here, it was incredibly easy to get a few million in a few days.

#80 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, even with just Abrosia alone on free settings, ABing a few hours a day on just a single account, you can get a couple of mil in just like 2 weeks or so.

#81 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:04 AM

When I played, I had a pretty good stamp collection, so that gets expensive. BD used to be more expensive. Maybe galleries are expensive too.

#82 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:06 AM

BD is cheap if you buy dupes from the trading post~ :p

Galleries and stamps are prolly still pretty expensive though. The genuinely rare stamps still seem to fetch a princely sum at least. Though for galleries, I know that many r99 items can easily go for under 1m right now, on the other hand.

#83 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:23 AM

Yeah, even with just Abrosia alone on free settings, ABing a few hours a day on just a single account, you can get a couple of mil in just like 2 weeks or so.

I always get junk items from abrosia. Aww! :(

#84 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:31 AM

I always get junk items from abrosia. Aww! :(

Huh, what's your settings then? Even if you get some unprofitable items sometimes, it should easily be balanced out by the profits you do gain.

#85 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:41 AM

the mrs has a few stamp avis she was working on another when she got hacked now shes quit neo more or less.

myself I enjoy doing better than her but now shes quit im not sure what im gunna do :p

#86 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:28 AM

Huh, what's your settings then? Even if you get some unprofitable items sometimes, it should easily be balanced out by the profits you do gain.

Abrosia will auto visit random shop.... i don't have the "POWER" to choose the shop i want unless i purchase the membership here. :(

Edited by Legitboi, 06 April 2016 - 04:28 AM.

#87 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:31 AM

Abrosia will auto visit random shop.... i don't have the "POWER" to choose the shop i want unless i purchase the membership here. :(

I know dear, I'm not on Advanced if you noticed. :p

But like, what are your Abrosia settings you are running on? If you run Abrosia for some time you should stilll snag many profitable items, no?

#88 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:34 AM

I know dear, I'm not on Advanced if you noticed. :p

But like, what are your Abrosia settings you are running on? If you run Abrosia for some time you should stilll snag many profitable items, no?

But the problem is i activate since almost an hour ago.... yet to grab a single item now. Aww!! :(

#89 savethekings

savethekings
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

Sometimes I will log on just to play the games. The rest of the site sucks nutz now.

#90 Denovo

Denovo
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:41 PM

I went back one day to check on my neopets and randomly decided to start training one of them. xD

#91 Goingtohell

Goingtohell
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:49 PM

I just came back to neopets out of whim and noticed Lutari Day was so close so decided to stick around for it. Just one more day to go  :)

#92 JennaJayen

JennaJayen
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

I keep playing because I'm aiming to have 1 of each unpainted petpet in my gallery (it's been a goal for a few years now lol), once I achieve that I'll move on to adding painted and specialty petpets to my gallery. After that I haven't decided what to do yet.

What makes me want to quit? The site going down every 2-5 days for most of a day :( and the lag.

#93 savethekings

savethekings
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:14 AM

I just came back to neopets out of whim and noticed Lutari Day was so close so decided to stick around for it. Just one more day to go  :)

@Goingtohell

What do they do on lutari day?

#94 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

@savethekings They get Lutaris.m:P See this thread for more info, it's still Lutari Day right now:
http://www.neocodex....day-lutari-day/

#95 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

I've always on and off Neopets so I guess I always just somehow get bored/lazy before I feel like coming back again for no particular reason. But one of the main reasons that made me really wanna come back would be the Neopets community on Tumblr. They're some real funny and witty people there and even though I wouldn't say I'm active in that community, their posts makes me nostalgic and wanna play.

#96 princesspeach

princesspeach
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

I started playing when I was like 10 and I'm now 25. I went away for many years and revisited for nostalgia. Now here I am addicted again :p

#97 Comet

Comet
  • Banned from trading: Do not trade with this member!

• 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:43 PM

I play to get away from real life some times. I hope neopets never dies down though.

#98 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:51 PM

To troll people on the boards ;)

#99 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

Can't you still choose a shop by using a list?

#100 ASadDog

ASadDog
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

I used to play for the plots. Back when the trading card sets were coming out and they'd have a tie-in plot almost every year it was pretty sweet. There would always be some issue that, apparently, was completely unforeseen by TNT. Like during the Hannah and the Ice Caves war when some of the chump-level fights would infect your BD pet with some disease and the price for the cure shot into the stratosphere, so the Neoboards and all the fan sites were filled with people complaining/refreshing at the Healing Springs every 15 minutes. Or the way the Underwater Basket Weaving section of the library in the Lost Desert plot reached Water Temple-levels of infamy.

The plots were great for injecting some energy into what was otherwise be a pretty stagnant routine of logging in, doing dailies, doing whatever you do to earn NPs and logging off. The speculation, planning, and energy were all great. Then in the end you got a cool unique trophy for your lookup, and if you did well enough you got some nice rewards like a paint brush or maybe a useful BD weapon. I don't think anything else has ever been as successful at pulling new players into the site, either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users