Thoughts on the newest Pokemon?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shib

Shib
  • 11 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

A new Pokemon was revealed on wendesday that will be featured in the upcoming pokemon movie, named Magiana. It looks an awful lot like Diancie to me! Since not much is known about it yet, I would love to hear your thoughts/speculations about it :)

corocoro3162th.jpg

http://bulbapedia.bu...giana_(Pokémon)

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

I kinda like it! But Mewtwo is still my favorite human-created pokémon :p

#3 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

Triple typing on the way?

Steel/Electric/Fairy

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

It looks like a gigantic robot wearing a dress, with bunny ears, and the dress looks like it belongs way in the past when women used to wear those gigantic skirts. 

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Not bad! It looks like someone experimented with Klink and Klang and got a fairy-type Pokemon. XD

#6 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

The ears don't look like they belong, maybe if they had made them more antennae-like they would've looked better.
Also the skirt is way too big even for a quinceañera (or mega gardevoir) really makes me wonder how funny it'd look walking if it didn't levitate.
I don't like the pokemon personally, but it's not their worst.

#7 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

I got lost at 151

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

I LOVE IT!!! IT'S SO CUTE!!

I'm super excited for gen 7 though. We might learn more about the whole Project AZOTH/Azoth Kingdom considering Magiana got abducted to there, and I know this is just the plot of the next movie but maybe they'll go into more detail about it in the games. This is the first time such an overlap has been made since usually it's agreed that the game, anime, and manga all take place in parallel game universes. And taking a whole generation to build up the story? I'm so fuckin hyped up man, Gamefreak better not mess this up!! But they might have been getting things ready for this story since gen 3. This is all just speculation shit (and like none of this is mine, I'm just recapping and reposting it) but:

>Let's look at the name Azoth: we know who AZ is, and OTH is the pattern shown on the Hoenn Regis. Is there a connection between these?
>"Azoth is the essential agent of transformation in alchemy. It is the name given by ancient alchemists to Mercury, the animating spirit hidden in all matter that makes transmutation possible. (...) In the inferior or material world, it is physical labor. Sulfur, Mercury, and Salt, which, volatized and fixed alternately, compose the Azoth of the sages. Sulfur corresponds to the elementary form of Fire, Mercury to Air and Water, Salt to Earth" - Wikipedia
>Sulfur = Regirock, mercury = Registeel, Regice = salt?
>Also, azoth has to do with mixing fire and water, which is Volcanion's typing and also, Team Aqua and Magma? They were both involved with the azoth project in ORAS and are literally team fire and team water
>In ORAS you can read that Project AZOTH files gets it's name from analyzing the power of the weapon used 3000 years ago, linking the name AZOTH to the weapon. Why are these two connected? Is AZ from the Azoth Kingdom?
>The AZOTH Kingdom has been declared a place of great technology, and if the above is true, it must have existed 3000 years ago as well
>Magiana is a man-made Pokemon from ancient times
>AZ's team: Sigilyph, a Pokemon that protected an ancient city; Golurk, an ancient man-made Pokemon; and Torkoal, sniffs out coal that it burns in its shell (steampunk as hell there bro)

DEEPEST

LORE 

If this kingdom is up in the sky then this is gonna be some Laputa shit lmao

If they don't do this, maybe they'll go into more detail with the whole multi-universe thing considering the games understand that there are universes where mega evolution is possible and ones where it isn't possible. I think there's a lot of potential there :0

What the hell is even going on in Pokemon? It's only getting more unnecessarily complicated :(

Ehhh? That is definitely not one of their more "overdesigned"/complicated characters, and gen 1 had its fair share of overdesigned Pokemon hahah  :p Also it's been confirmed that they're going to be simplifying character designs and the game in general (cutting moves/abilities/items) in gen 7, so I guess everyone who can't let go of the past can be excited for that aspect of the upcoming gen.

#9 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

I LOVE IT!!! IT'S SO CUTE!!

I'm super excited for gen 7 though. We might learn more about the whole Project AZOTH/Azoth Kingdom considering Magiana got abducted to there, and I know this is just the plot of the next movie but maybe they'll go into more detail about it in the games. This is the first time such an overlap has been made since usually it's agreed that the game, anime, and manga all take place in parallel game universes. And taking a whole generation to build up the story? I'm so fuckin hyped up man, Gamefreak better not mess this up!! But they might have been getting things ready for this story since gen 3. This is all just speculation shit (and like none of this is mine, I'm just recapping and reposting it) but:

>Let's look at the name Azoth: we know who AZ is, and OTH is the pattern shown on the Hoenn Regis. Is there a connection between these?
>"Azoth is the essential agent of transformation in alchemy. It is the name given by ancient alchemists to Mercury, the animating spirit hidden in all matter that makes transmutation possible. (...) In the inferior or material world, it is physical labor. Sulfur, Mercury, and Salt, which, volatized and fixed alternately, compose the Azoth of the sages. Sulfur corresponds to the elementary form of Fire, Mercury to Air and Water, Salt to Earth" - Wikipedia
>Sulfur = Regirock, mercury = Registeel, Regice = salt?
>Also, azoth has to do with mixing fire and water, which is Volcanion's typing and also, Team Aqua and Magma? They were both involved with the azoth project in ORAS and are literally team fire and team water
>In ORAS you can read that Project AZOTH files gets it's name from analyzing the power of the weapon used 3000 years ago, linking the name AZOTH to the weapon. Why are these two connected? Is AZ from the Azoth Kingdom?
>The AZOTH Kingdom has been declared a place of great technology, and if the above is true, it must have existed 3000 years ago as well
>Magiana is a man-made Pokemon from ancient times
>AZ's team: Sigilyph, a Pokemon that protected an ancient city; Golurk, an ancient man-made Pokemon; and Torkoal, sniffs out coal that it burns in its shell (steampunk as hell there bro)

DEEPEST

LORE 

If this kingdom is up in the sky then this is gonna be some Laputa shit lmao

If they don't do this, maybe they'll go into more detail with the whole multi-universe thing considering the games understand that there are universes where mega evolution is possible and ones where it isn't possible. I think there's a lot of potential there :0

Ehhh? That is definitely not one of their more "overdesigned"/complicated characters, and gen 1 had its fair share of overdesigned Pokemon hahah  :p Also it's been confirmed that they're going to be simplifying character designs and the game in general (cutting moves/abilities/items) in gen 7, so I guess everyone who can't let go of the past can be excited for that aspect of the upcoming gen.

Such a good post, thanks for the recapp post :o

Gotta love pokemon. I like all da pokemon and this one is no exception really hope 7th gen comes quick xD

#10 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

It looks like a gigantic robot wearing a dress, with bunny ears, and the dress looks like it belongs way in the past when women used to wear those gigantic skirts. 

Agreed and her name reminds me of Vagina for no reason.

I would look clearer and better photos. Video in action.

I'm gonna go back to playing Pokémon blue in my corner lol

#11 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:32 AM

Agreed and her name reminds me of Vagina for no reason.

I would look clearer and better photos. Video in action.

I'm gonna go back to playing Pokémon blue in my corner lol

I wanna update my regular 3DS to 1 of the new ones, the blue/red special editions to get Blue/Red pre-loaded :D I haven't played them in so long o:

Definitely agree though, clearer images of the new poke would be good. So far looks pretty interesting though .

#12 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

Image in OP is pretty clear imo but whatevs
magiana.jpg

#13 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

Image in OP is pretty clear imo but whatevs
magiana.jpg

Maybe its just cus its not the normal type we see? We're used to clean, vibrant poke's!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users