Pokemon Sun and Moon?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Shib

Shib
  • 11 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

Tomorrow is Pokemon's 20th anniversary and speculation is spreading around online surrounding Nintendo's newly requested trademarks for “PoKéMoN SUN” and “PoKéMoN MOON” in European markets. More news will likely surface tomorrow with the broadcast of Pokemon Direct, so hopefully we may get confirmation of a new generation ^_^

sun.jpgmoon.jpg

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:21 AM

If these are the titles for the next games, it looks like we might be more pokemon since they aren't upgrades/improvements of the older games. (Such as Alpha Sapphire, SoulSilver...ect). They don't have that kind of name.  If we get new pokemon, I'm really hoping they put some thought into it. The newest pokemon were awful. Thrubbish that looks like a trash heap, litwick that goes from candle to lamp to candelabra, the pokemon that looks like an ice cream come and evolves into two scoops of ice cream....ect. 

#3 Shib

Shib
  • 11 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

There was also a list of Pokemon that was also recently "leaked", so maybe there is a correlation here! Sadly, if the list is correct, you might be disappointed since one of the evolutionary lines is listed as (Thread, Sheet, Bed - They are all Ghost types as well). We might have another Pokemon meme on our hands haha

#4 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

Anyone notice how the moon symbol looks like the rebel logo for Star Wars???!?!?!?!

CAN WE HAVE A DROID POKÉMON THANKS.

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

I see these being more associated with Pokemon Go than a gen 7 but I'll reserve all judgement until after the direct.

Speculating is pointless since we get an answer to everything tomorrow. :D

#6 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:08 AM

If we get new pokemon, I'm really hoping they put some thought into it. The newest pokemon were awful. Thrubbish that looks like a trash heap, litwick that goes from candle to lamp to candelabra, the pokemon that looks like an ice cream come and evolves into two scoops of ice cream....ect.

I'm really curious to see what Pokemon are introduced in this game. Gamefreak has been known to stick to "patterns" (an odd-numbered gen introducing new Pokemon and even-numbered gens introducing evos/pre-evos of the gen before it) but gen 6 sorta broke that. Maybe we'll get more brand new Pokemon lines, or maybe we'll get a smaller batch of new lines and get a bunch of evos/pre-evos for Pokemon from the gen(s) before it.

And those Pokemon you mentioned are kinda old, they had a lot of great designs in XY ^^ But BW had its fair share of good designs, and older gens have plenty of godawful designs so it's safe to assume the next gen will have a mix of good and bad designs. It's been confirmed that they're going to be simplifying Pokemon designs in gen 7 though so let's see how that goes.

There was also a list of Pokemon that was also recently "leaked", so maybe there is a correlation here!

Definitely take those leaked lists with a grain of salt, loads of them always pop up when new games are announced. Even if they're really well written they're usually made by some person in their basement  :p

#7 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

If these are the titles for the next games, it looks like we might be more pokemon since they aren't upgrades/improvements of the older games. (Such as Alpha Sapphire, SoulSilver...ect). They don't have that kind of name.  If we get new pokemon, I'm really hoping they put some thought into it. The newest pokemon were awful. Thrubbish that looks like a trash heap, litwick that goes from candle to lamp to candelabra, the pokemon that looks like an ice cream come and evolves into two scoops of ice cream....ect. 

And theres Grimer the blob, Voltorb the gatchaball, blue turtle Squirtle, etc. Every gen has bad designs and to be fair, the ice cream was made by some british dude who was the first westerner to design pokemon, the only ones i like from him is Vullaby and Mandibuzz.

#8 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

And theres Grimer the blob, Voltorb the gatchaball, blue turtle Squirtle, etc. Every gen has bad designs and to be fair, the ice cream was made by some british dude who was the first westerner to design pokemon, the only ones i like from him is Vullaby and Mandibuzz.

DA FUK U TALKIN BOUT?!?!?!

#9 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

I don't see how Squirtle is a bad design. It's fine to take from real life, but after a while, you just start throwing anything you can in. Ice cream cones, candles, trash piles...ect. You see something, and make it a pokemon basically. Grimer is meant to be a puddle of goo, it's actually one of the missions in Pokemon Ranger that you have to clean up all the Grimer. Voltorb is basically meant to be a ball of electricity. With those, at least they tried. With the new ones, it doesn't seem like they're trying at all anymore. 

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:26 PM

I don't see how Squirtle is a bad design. It's fine to take from real life, but after a while, you just start throwing anything you can in. Ice cream cones, candles, trash piles...ect. You see something, and make it a pokemon basically. Grimer is meant to be a puddle of goo, it's actually one of the missions in Pokemon Ranger that you have to clean up all the Grimer. Voltorb is basically meant to be a ball of electricity. With those, at least they tried. With the new ones, it doesn't seem like they're trying at all anymore.

It seems like you just want to see the bad designs. As Turnip said, they always have good and bad designs on each gen. And I don't blame them, I've tried to come up with adoptables on Kaylune (they're kinda like pokémon in a way) and it's definitely not easy lol.

!!! From serebii!

Edit @ 20:01: Various domains have been registered by Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for these games in various different languages, all of which currently redirect to the official site, Pokemon.com. This doesn't confirm this news yet, but does add possibilities.

Exciting :D

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

It seems like you just want to see the bad designs. As Turnip said, they always have good and bad designs on each gen. And I don't blame them, I've tried to come up with adoptables on Kaylune (they're kinda like pokémon in a way) and it's definitely not easy lol.

!!! From serebii!

Edit @ 20:01: Various domains have been registered by Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for these games in various different languages, all of which currently redirect to the official site, Pokemon.com. This doesn't confirm this news yet, but does add possibilities.

Exciting :D

I suppose it's because the bad designs stick in my head more than the normal/good designs do. I don't just want to see the bad, I know there are good ones, but I just can't see them in my head because they don't stick. Things that are bad stick in my head more than things that are good or normal. 

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

I suppose it's because the bad designs stick in my head more than the normal/good designs do. I don't just want to see the bad, I know there are good ones, but I just can't see them in my head because they don't stick. Things that are bad stick in my head more than things that are good or normal.

Yeah, that's true. We tend to pay more attention to what's wrong and take the good things for granted :p I used to think only the old gens had good designs too

#13 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

This could possibly be my favorite set, just because of the names. TBH though, I prefer having better graphics of the old pokemon than brand new pokemon because I hate having to memorize a bunch of new useless shit.

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

x)

Vn6kg.jpg

#15 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:31 PM

I want it to be Gen 7 but I think it'll be something more like Gen 6.5, just based on the timing.

I skipped OR/AS (first time I've skipped a game (well, I emulated BW2)), so I'll definitely be picking up whatever this is. :)

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:11 AM

That whole six minute direct. At least the leaks were true.

#17 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

OH SHIT I'M HYPED UP!!!!!

So far we've seen cars and what looks like a hotel (the lady is right next to a suitcase in front of the building). Traveling adventures confirmed? I've seen people ask what all the hubbub with the cars is about since I mean, we've had cars since gen 1. Why are these ones so special? But I can't think of a reason why they would show concept art for something which is merely a background decoration. These cars have Pokemon sitting in them as well. Are we gonna get Pokemon road trips?? That'd be fucking awesome!!

Looks like they've shown off the regional bird as well. A lot of people think it's Fletchling, but Fletchling doesn't have a pointy head like that, the feet don't match, and it doesn't have chicken legs like that.

Here are the images if you missed the stream ^^

http://imgur.com/a/4aBV6

I'm not logged in so I can't edit the album but we saw a Slaking motel as well http://i.imgur.com/zRwsBTv.jpg

#18 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:21 AM

IS THAT A DITTO DRIVING THE TRUCK?

e575c293a2f8ec207f60a23a79034a4f.png

*SWEATS NERVOUSLY*

zHpH78s.png

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:29 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHH

I'M IN CLASS, SO I CAN'T BE EXCITED ENOUGH

#20 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

>Confidential pictures

>Shows them to the world

GG, Pokemon Company.

#21 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:50 AM

OH SHIT I'M HYPED UP!!!!!

So far we've seen cars and what looks like a hotel (the lady is right next to a suitcase in front of the building). Traveling adventures confirmed? I've seen people ask what all the hubbub with the cars is about since I mean, we've had cars since gen 1. Why are these ones so special? But I can't think of a reason why they would show concept art for something which is merely a background decoration. These cars have Pokemon sitting in them as well. Are we gonna get Pokemon road trips?? That'd be fucking awesome!!

Looks like they've shown off the regional bird as well. A lot of people think it's Fletchling, but Fletchling doesn't have a pointy head like that, the feet don't match, and it doesn't have chicken legs like that.

Here are the images if you missed the stream ^^

http://imgur.com/a/4aBV6

I'm not logged in so I can't edit the album but we saw a Slaking motel as well http://i.imgur.com/zRwsBTv.jpg

Im more interested in the fact that they use Maya, but yeah, that bird looks like another fire bird if the candle flame like head is anything to go by.

#22 Shib

Shib
  • 11 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

HYPE!!!  Also, I really wonder how they are planning on implementing the last point that was brought up (Gen 1 Pokemon from the new VC re-release of Red/Blue/Yellow being transferable to Moon/Sun) since, as far as I know, the IV system in the first Gen was significantly different from the one we currently have in place, as well as the fact that Genders, Natures, Abilities, ect. weren't available in those games.  :unsure:

#23 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

I really want to know now if we're getting a car instead of the bike, or both. I can just imagine the professor screaming "THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO USE THAT" when people try and use their cars inside. Maybe they're adding a car to the safari zone, instead of having to use the bike. Which I imagine would be necessary if the size of the safari zone was increased by quite a bit. 

#24 Amadeus

Amadeus
  • 135 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

Same way they did gave a second ability to pokemon which only had one on a previous game. Each pokemon has a set of data that controls whatever change they'll suffer when transferred to another gen (and something they specifically set up for pokemon coming from gen 1), so I don't think it'll be a problem. 

#25 Arex

Arex
  • 140 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:37 PM

These games got me really hyped up, but then I also gotta pick up a new 3DS because my current one is bordering 5 years old :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users