• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#26 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

i have to pay toplay this?

Yep, its $15 USD and totally worth imo, Its been a week and i have 78 hours into it.

Mostly going for achievements now. :3 Then I just have the second cave to explore and I'll have done everything in the game I think.

FINALLY.

I think the only achievement I won't get is the Joja one, fuck that place.

#27 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:29 AM

I just got to level 10 in the mines and it's finally my first summer (my laptop is shit, I can't play for very long at a time sadly or it'll catch fire or something)

#28 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Yep, its $15 USD and totally worth imo, Its been a week and i have 78 hours into it.

I think the only achievement I won't get is the Joja one, fuck that place.

I probably will on a different save once I've completed everything on this save.

Spoiler

I need to catch one more fish and I've caught every fish in game, waiting for fall. I have two things left to ship to complete the shipment collection. Basically, I'm just farming to cook and go into the Skull Cavern now. I'm sure there are still plenty of easter eggs to be found throughout the game. But I've done most of the primary story line. I'm married. Sebastian just asked if I wanted a kid (said yes). I've built everything possible except the slime hutch.

Found another exploit @Aria @Chappy @Honchkrow.

Listed in spoiler below and added to first post.

May have been patched (I dunno if my game has been updated).

Spoiler

#29 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:54 PM

oh my goodness @coops 
What year are you now!? such speed~ I'm almost on my first winter.
Any tips to survive?

#30 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:36 PM

oh my goodness @coops 
What year are you now!? such speed~ I'm almost on my first winter.
Any tips to survive?

Summer of Y3! 

I have a lot of time on my hands cuz it's end of term and I've already finished most of my classwork. 

Fish/mine exclusively in the winter. Sell all the fish/gems you get to build up money for the following spring. Farming is definitely the greatest income but you kinda need money to make money, if you get my drift. Don't worry so much about bundles in the Community Center / JojaMart (depending on which story direction you took). The best room to focus on is 'pantry' because that unlocks the greenhouse, which is op af.

#31 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:28 PM

I have like 4k in fall. I apparently missed out on money making in spring and summer. I was a derp.
I have a chicken now LOL
@Coops
Thank you for the tip~ I think the pantry one was hard no? :/ Im almost done with the bridge or whatever that is

#32 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

me_irl

L5Jf0hR.jpg

#33 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

I have like 4k in fall. I apparently missed out on money making in spring and summer. I was a derp.
I have a chicken now LOL
@Coops
Thank you for the tip~ I think the pantry one was hard no? :/ Im almost done with the bridge or whatever that is

The Pantry one takes a bit of time but its easy, just take advantage of what fertilizer you can get for better quality crop. And use your Winter Foraging Seeds for a bit of income!

Edited by Honchkrow, 04 April 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#34 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:37 AM

me_irl

L5Jf0hR.jpg

Irl it's super hard I bet :C

#35 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

me_irl

L5Jf0hR.jpg

Definitely me too.

Did you buy it @Scot?

#36 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:27 PM

Listed in spoiler below and added to first post.

May have been patched (I dunno if my game has been updated).

Spoiler

As of 2 hours ago (On the steam version, GOG gets this later) the newest patch fixes this. :(

Source

#37 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

Goodness those updates...BUT WHERE ARE THE SIGNS. Like I'd really like that pls

#38 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

As of 2 hours ago (On the steam version, GOG gets this later) the newest patch fixes this. :(

Source

@Honchkrow

My game updated but the glitch still works and I have over 1000 muffins to prove it. xD I know my game is updated too because my spouse stands next to me now at the Moonlight Dance of the Jellies or w/e it's called. I tested the glitch as soon as I got on after updating. I thought maybe my game didn't update but I verified the files in Steam and then went to jelly dance to make sure. So, I don't think ConcernedApe managed to patch it lol. 

Spoiler

Proof it still works:

One poppy flower in my fridge and plenty of sugar/wheat flour. Made 3 poppyseed muffins, with the same one flower. 

Spoiler

999+ muffins post-1.0.7 patch

Spoiler

Summer Y3 earnings:

Spoiler

#39 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

@Coops I'm at a solid loss here. I don't have the recipe.
*sigh* All I want is some money stardew. Work with me here.

#40 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Money Making Tips

@Aria 

@Coops I'm at a solid loss here. I don't have the recipe.
*sigh* All I want is some money stardew. Work with me here.

Hm.

Currently what are you doing for money? @Chappy

My best advice is don't divide yourself between four different things. Initially, farming is really hard to make into solid cash, mostly because you need money for seeds. But it's also the safest way. It's worth noting I didn't really start raking in the gold until Y2. And I didn't even get the million achievement until winter Y2. So, it's going to be hard that first year. You're gonna be poor a lot. Lol. Focus on saving money for seeds, or your new fishing rod. 

And then I accidentally wrote you a full guide to make money Chappy lol.

Let me break it down for you by season. The year doesn't matter so much.

General/Foraging

Spoiler

Spring

Spoiler

Summer

Spoiler

Fall

Spoiler

Winter

Spoiler

Oh yeah. I also finished the fishing achievements.

FINALLY.

Spoiler

#41 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

OMG @Coops
You're the best (put this on the first page~)
Yo this is intensive.
I actually did all this, but I think it's because I didn't grow enough or a lot.
Another problem is I only upgrated that watering can recently. As in derp recently. (its almost dam winter)
So that's 90% of the problem. Im playing catch-up now.
In reality, I should have practiced fishing. I've been doing some now and its still annoying a.f.

#42 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:52 PM

OMG @Coops
You're the best (put this on the first page~)
Yo this is intensive.
I actually did all this, but I think it's because I didn't grow enough or a lot.
Another problem is I only upgrated that watering can recently. As in derp recently. (its almost dam winter)
So that's 90% of the problem. Im playing catch-up now.
In reality, I should have practiced fishing. I've been doing some now and its still annoying a.f.

Yeah I'll add it to the front page.

I hope this helps some.

Fishing is hard. I felt so frustrated in the beginning. I worried my hand/eye coordination and reflexes would suck too much to get it. But it does get easier and imo cost wise it's the easiest skill to get to level 10. The best tip I have for fishing is fish up bream at night in the river in town, or fish in the ocean for mostly easier fish. Do this until like level 3-4 when you get the fiberglass rod. Then fish same places until about 5-7 when you get the iridium rod. Once you have the iridium rod, most everything will be easier with the exception of super cucumbers, pufferfish, squid and the legendary fish. The green brick will get bigger with levels and rod upgrades (and the cork bobber). So, it does get easier. Also, every fish has a specific pattern. Once you learn the patterns, it makes it way easier.

Use the Stardew Valley wiki fish page to help guide you.

#43 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

@Coops Thank you again so very much~! 
I honestly wish I had more time to play and re-organize. And I always do the ocean. Seriously way easier than some ponds and places~
Thank you for seriously condensing this help in one solid page. Always the reviews/long ass guide I try to read are super long and take forever to load ><

#44 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:11 PM

@Coops Thank you again so very much~! 
I honestly wish I had more time to play and re-organize. And I always do the ocean. Seriously way easier than some ponds and places~
Thank you for seriously condensing this help in one solid page. Always the reviews/long ass guide I try to read are super long and take forever to load ><

No problem. c:

I have a tendency to go hardcore when it comes to money making in RPGs and stuff. It's usually what I'm best at. Now if only I could apply that to real life...

#45 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:59 AM

I would like to add, if you come across Ancient Seed from mining or from geodes, plant that shit in the spring, it takes it 28 days to fully grow then produces fruit every 7 days after. They keep producing Ancient Fruit through the 3 crop seasons and die in the winter, then you take some of the fruit and convert them into seeds with the Seed Machine so you get more seeds for planting. The fruit itself sells for 750g but if you turn it into wine, it sells for 2250g.

#46 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:11 AM

I would like to add, if you come across Ancient Seed from mining or from geodes, plant that shit in the spring, it takes it 28 days to fully grow then produces fruit every 7 days after. They keep producing Ancient Fruit through the 3 crop seasons and die in the winter, then you take some of the fruit and convert them into seeds with the Seed Machine so you get more seeds for planting. The fruit itself sells for 750g but if you turn it into wine, it sells for 2250g.

Yep. Or save it until you unlock the greenhouse because then it perpetually grows (I have one full grown and 5 that are still maturing). And once you put them in the greenhouse and get the seedmaker, you can put 1 ancient berry in it and get 1-3 ancient seeds.

My greenhouse has uh 96 cranberry crops and currently 6 ancient plants. I intend to fill the rest of the space with ancient berries. 

#47 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

In the spirit of what Codex stands for, I used cheat engine to have infinite items and it's way more fun this way lmao.

(I'm also just lazy and sick of missing out on stuff for my farm cuz poor)

#48 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

In the spirit of what Codex stands for, I used cheat engine to have infinite items and it's way more fun this way lmao.

(I'm also just lazy and sick of missing out on stuff for my farm cuz poor)

Haha wow. THat's awesome though.

I wanna play it through mod/cheat free first. I just got the galaxy sword in my game. It's op af.

#49 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

I wanna play it through mod/cheat free first. I just got the galaxy sword in my game. It's op af.

That's understandable. I just hate playing games without cheating. But I guess I'm in the right community for that lmao

#50 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

Heck yeah, i love that sword, I lost my Obsidian Edge sword from passing out in The Mines and didn't figure i should just exit the game to get it back. I just focused on money until I could go to the desert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users