• This topic is locked This topic is locked
816 replies to this topic

#101 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

I don't eat much carbs, high fat, high protein, very low carb. And I have like ~1000 calories a day.

That's, considered pretty low calories per day right? Well, according to what I just googled I suppose, I really have no actual idea. :p

#102 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

That's, considered pretty low calories per day right? Well, according to what I just googled I suppose, I really have no actual idea. :p

yea but my body has adjusted and i don't need much more than that :p 

#103 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

I could NEVER live without carbs. Rocket is insane. 

#104 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

There's no real inbetween for me it was all or nothing, I was extremely overweight, depressed, on the verge of killing myself. I had to do something to change so I did. I'm happy with where I am and I don't regret it.

I still indulge every once in a while, but I no longer eat high carb meals, and I don't overdo it.

#105 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

That's. Actually the consensus I'm getting from that Googling actually. They're saying that cutting down to 1000 cals a day is "drastic" or something. :p

Though of course, if you're used to it, that's not a problem at all.

Edit: Just saw your reply. Happy that you made the change then! Good to reshape your life really.

Edited by Junjie, 02 April 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#106 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

Yay!!! Hopefully there is some time left when I wake up later xD

#107 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

That's. Actually the consensus I'm getting from that Googling actually. They're saying that cutting down to 1000 cals a day is "drastic" or something. :p

Though of course, if you're used to it, that's not a problem at all.

oh definitely not something done overnight, i took months to prepare and slowly lower everything to where my macros are where they are. I ate a lot less during the peak of my weight loss and now I'm in maintenance phase.

#108 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Yay!!! Hopefully there is some time left when I wake up later xD

Heyyy there Maha!!

oh definitely not something done overnight, i took months to prepare and slowly lower everything to where my macros are where they are. I ate a lot less during the peak of my weight loss and now I'm in maintenance phase.

Ah I see. Ah, that makes sense. Also, had edited my post after I saw your latest one before this one. :p

#109 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:47 AM

Hello everyone never done one of these before just gonna be getting hi over here

#110 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:47 AM

You seem a lot healthier and happier. You've made such an accomplishment.

I have cut out most carbs as well. And mostly try to eat proteins and fats. My biggest problem has always been indulging on candy. My meals were never particularly high carb. A slice of bread here and there. 

#111 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

Hello everyone never done one of these before just gonna be getting hi over here

Hii there! New to this too let's see how to do dis.

#112 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

Hii there! New to this too let's see how to do dis.

I guess we just talk about life and what not, should someone create a topic starter or something?

Also congratulations @Rocket on your weight loss it's always good to indulge yourself every once in a while especially when losing weight because it's such a pain

#113 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

I...actually made a similar thread in General Chat, actually, just because it wasn't being done in that forum (And @Rocket said it could be done there :p)

http://www.neocodex....view=getnewpost

#114 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:55 AM

There's no real inbetween for me it was all or nothing, I was extremely overweight, depressed, on the verge of killing myself. I had to do something to change so I did. I'm happy with where I am and I don't regret it.

I still indulge every once in a while, but I no longer eat high carb meals, and I don't overdo it.

I understand why you did it, and believe me when I say I'm glad that it's working for you and you're feeling great about it, and as someone as witnessed the change in you over all these months, you really deserve to feel as well as you're feeling, not only physically but emotionally too.

What I meant is that such change wouldn't work for me, I love carbs too much :p I love food in general too much to be honest, it's a struggle for me too to not eat everything I want when I want, despite the fact that I eat a lot, I just opt to not exclude anything and to stop myself after one bag of cookies/chips/candies when I really want to eat two lmao. I also exercise and have a weird metabolism so, I guess it's all good?

#115 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

I guess we just talk about life and what not, should someone create a topic starter or something?

Also congratulations @Rocket on your weight loss it's always good to indulge yourself every once in a while especially when losing weight because it's such a pain

Well, if you look through the thread some people have asked questions to keep the conversation alive. So, ask questions. Tell us about yourself. Answer the questions already asked.

#116 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

Sounds good actually @Katya ! I have a pretty high metabolism too actually (though I would get out of shape if I didn't exercise, still)

@Coops : Thanks for the advice!

#117 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

Sounds good actually @Katya ! I have a pretty high metabolism too actually (though I would get out of shape if I didn't exercise, still)

@Coops : Thanks for the advice!

So you're always hungry too?? xD

Oh boy. I know exactly how bad I'd be if I didn't exercise. I went kinda jobless during almost 3 years and was too lazy to exercise half the time. It was terrible, not only the gain weight part but the whole depression part too. About a year ago I had to return to my daily exercises and I couldn't believe how I spent so much time without even a single run every day.

#118 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:11 AM

Hehehe, not alwaays. I kinda can control it -- for example, if I am occupied or especially if I use the computer like all day, I wouldn't feel so hungry except for my daily meals. Or, if I had built up the habit of eating during meals, for example.

Still, I still surprise colleagues some days (even after 3 months at my workplace) by bringing back takeaway after having gone out back to lunch, if I am or would still be hungry. I call it my "lunch part 2". :p

I'm fortunate that all guys in my country (Singapore) have to take compulsory National Service, that helped me shape up actually though it was a few years ago. The years before that I was at my flabbiest, and in fact I actualy remember having panic attacks and sleepless nights before my compulsory fitness tests then. That...was an interesting 2 years.

#119 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:11 AM

So you're always hungry too?? xD

Oh boy. I know exactly how bad I'd be if I didn't exercise. I went kinda jobless during almost 3 years and was too lazy to exercise half the time. It was terrible, not only the gain weight part but the whole depression part too. About a year ago I had to return to my daily exercises and I couldn't believe how I spent so much time without even a single run every day.

I am so sad I can't run anymore. Running is seriously the best. That high you get when your adrenaline is going. 

#120 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

I am so sad I can't run anymore. Running is seriously the best. That high you get when your adrenaline is going. 

Knee / other injuries? :(

#121 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

My entire body is falling apart 8D. 

I used to be a cross country runner. Now I swim and stick to low-impact when I can.

#122 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

Aw, dang. How did it happen by the way, if you happen not to mind me asking? (I understand if this might be private or personal though)

#123 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

I need to practice on my winged eyeliner, its like a horror story lol

#124 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

Ohh i know this question is for Coops, but i have a hip prothesis :(

#125 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

I need to practice on my winged eyeliner, its like a horror story lol

Oh! Like, Death of the Endless in the Neil Gaiman comics?? (But, less Egyptian symbolic I guesss?) :p

@Rauul: Ah, and how did that happen for you by the way?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 100 post day, dont spam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users