• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#51 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

I can't wait to actually participate this year as part of team Codex. I was always a lurker before and could never be fucked to do the actual AC, legit or not. lol.

#52 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

We've got past every type of captcha they've tried so far but I don't think they'll do anything like that anyway, mainly because it would require an update to their game system and I suspect they'd be reluctant to do that. Wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for us if they did though.

The legit players hate the captcha idea anyway, it would just make it easier for us to win :p I wouldn't like to play if I hate to type a captcha every few games. Especially for SOSD, because you don't really have to pay attention to win.

#53 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

I feel Ike if they tried changing anything in the games, they'd just screw up the games and the site. They've already shown they're good at that, but not good at updating or fixing things. They may change how the scoring works and/or take away the bracket system.

#54 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

I feel Ike if they tried changing anything in the games, they'd just screw up the games and the site. They've already shown they're good at that, but not good at updating or fixing things. They may change how the scoring works and/or take away the bracket system.

The most telling thing is probably the wording of the editorial, they only say they're working on "some rule changes" so I would think that rules out significant system changes. Probably will involve rules like removing scores of frozen players, preventing team selection after the cup starts and things like that.

#55 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

JumpStart probably wouldn't even know how to fix any of the games....they can't even fix AAA or the 70 other things that are broken on the site.

#56 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

watch them make a glitch that allows u to switch teams during finals, that would be hilarious

Or multiplying the daily limit to each game by 100

Edited by jinq, 20 April 2016 - 06:47 PM.

#57 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

watch them make a glitch that allows u to switch teams during finals, that would be hilarious

Or multiplying the daily limit to each game by 100

Reach All-Star in 1 Day!

#58 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, not sure what they mean by "some rule changes" yet, but...The funniest shit they could do would be randomising people's teams. Auto-assigning them. It would do something to prevent us all joining one team and smashing it to first place again, but ohhhh the tears on the boards would be glorious

and needless to say we'd still be cheating :V

#59 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, not sure what they mean by "some rule changes" yet, but...The funniest shit they could do would be randomising people's teams. Auto-assigning them. It would do something to prevent us all joining one team and smashing it to first place again, but ohhhh the tears on the boards would be glorious

...HAHAHAHAHHAH

#60 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:28 AM

They will not do that. There will be too much hate mail.

We can just create many account, there willl sure be enough to support.

That mechanism is just the same as AC 1 so maybe not a glitch.

By the finals, the codex team will be known and there will be potential drama:

To fight against the cheaters vs To join the cheaters to get gold.

Edited by Ka1, 21 April 2016 - 12:29 AM.

#61 Denovo

Denovo
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:10 PM

Does that mean it becomes obvious who is cheating during the finals?
Will that result in a lot of freezings?
Sorry if it's a dumb question. I used to play legit so I'm new to this stuff. x_x

#62 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

Does that mean it becomes obvious who is cheating during the finals?
Will that result in a lot of freezings?
Sorry if it's a dumb question. I used to play legit so I'm new to this stuff. x_x

Well the scores by the team will have given it away by then. Last year it was rather obvious with the double digit score.

TNT cannot just freeze because you are in the winning team

if you are careful with SS or AoB then it is safe. Same thing as the normal flash game.

#63 Denovo

Denovo
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

Well the scores by the team will have given it away by then. Last year it was rather obvious with the double digit score.

TNT cannot just freeze because you are in the winning team

if you are careful with SS or AoB then it is safe. Same thing as the normal flash game.

Okay, that's a relief! Thanks for answering my questions. :D

#64 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:41 PM

Oh, I'd love to see that. The neoboards would go insane!

#65 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

There was something about the AC in the editorial today:

Hey TNT! *throws pocky* So the AC is still on, YAY!!! But there's something I'm confused about. I've seen some people who understood it as: 'it's coming next month' where as I understood it as: 'there will be more information next month' so which is it? I'm sure you're aware that it's usually in June, but that doesn't mean that can't be changed. Also, when you say your changing the rules, what does that mean? I won't ask for details because I know you can't give them, but are you changing the format, or are we still stuck with the evil brackets? please clarify both of these things. Thanks in advance. Please remove my username. ~ username removed
Glad you're excited! So first of all, the timeline hasn't changed! We'll be giving you more information next month as the lead up to the event starts, as usual with the press days in mid-May, leading up to sign-ups and warm-ups in late May, before the Cup itself starts in June. Now, we're keeping the brackets (I swear, the intent behind them is good!), but the Altador Cup Committee is seriously evaluating player feedback, as well as the data from previous years, and we will be trying to address some of the issues with them. There's more details to come, but that's all I can tell you for now! Patience, young grasshoppers.

I'm reading the reply as "we're still not totally sure what we're doing here lol". I shouldn't be surprised if there are no real changes in the end.

#66 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

This will be my first AC lol.. :S

#67 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:16 PM

"the Altador Cup Committee is seriously evaluating player feedback, as well as the data from previous years"

When can I start laughing at this?? Now? Oke. :lol2:

#68 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:19 PM

They're basically telling you they're trying to figure this outt hahahahah

#69 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:28 PM

Man I haven't been on neo since the beginning of this whole jumpstart fiasco but if codex is playing I'd love to join in, watching adults bitch about people cheating on a childrens game is one of the few pleasures of the internet

#70 sanceston

sanceston
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

I hope that even though I'm mostly just a lurker here that I will get to participate in the shenanigans ahead.

This may be the first year I actually bother with the AC. Previously I think I lasted about 10 minutes of playing those mind numbing games before I asked myself what the fuck I was doing with my life.

#71 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

They're basically telling you they're trying to figure this outt hahahahah

Lets face it there not smart.. like hamsters with no food for a week could figure out how to get that wheel a turnin

#72 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

Seriously though, what are the odds they actually manage to find a way to keep SSer's from completely pwning at AC? The only way possible would be to remove the idea of teams and make it more of an individual challenge and JS won't do that because it would completely ruin the AC.

#73 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

lol they did freeze some obvious shells near the end of last ac, especially the obvious usernames

#74 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

lol they did freeze some obvious shells near the end of last ac, especially the obvious usernames

May Juanqueen have a great afterlife.

#75 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

While, they're trying to stop cheaters, they'll probably end up annoying a lot of legit users with whatever they're trying to implement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users