• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#26 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:25 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure David Cameron just resigned.

Yup. New PM in by the party conference in October. Please not Boris. :(

My press release is basically:
For immediate release
We have no fucking idea but we're probably carrying on as normal til October. After that, your visas are too spenny for us to employ you. END.

#27 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

im just waiting for the 3rd out Mr Osborne sniveling little man!!

Great result and dont worry peeps the markets will recover.

#28 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, sure.

u1hvABZ2J5wrHm9Y-VE4f4l4Dg3W5_yDijC7SbjE

#29 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:52 PM

gg Boris Johnson

I hope you rot in hell

#30 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

2759b96ab08ed72d5610d7ac3dccf36b.png

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at least Scotland tries to leave.

#31 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

rofl

Working in the financial sector gives me some insight into these things but all in all it is still just my opinion at the end of the day no one can see into the future no matter what they say.

Personally I feel this will be great for UK for one big reason.....  The EU is failing and it is going to fail totally at some point and do I want to be in it when it does, no hence why I voted to leave.

Anyways I don't like talking politics as it gets people into arguments when its nothing we can do other than put an X in a box.

#32 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:00 AM

So you are saying that these other points that this redditor did not mention (which I do not dispute) is more damaging to the people of Britain and the world in general than is the points he brought up. I agree, though I was looking for why his arguments themselves are faulty. 

I really don't think you understand my position of this issue. I think Britain really messed up with this decision, and its citizens will face the brunt of the fallout. I also happen to agree that some of his points were valid as well. 

How are any of his points valid?

tumblr_nnf9orItl91tvf9p0o9_400.gif

#33 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:01 AM

Arts editor at The Times just called to see if I think this is the death of culture in London. My boss took one look at me and started pouring whisky. We're all having a Mad Men day in the office.

Friend's team at Goldman's all got in at 5am, apparently it's chaos over there and seniors have all been in a locked door meeting for the past 4 hours.

#34 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

One thing I'm particularly unhappy about is the fact that universities are going to lose a lot of research funding that they received from the EU. 

#35 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:21 AM

One thing I'm particularly unhappy about is the fact that universities are going to lose a lot of research funding that they received from the EU.

This. And also the fact that EU students will find it more difficult to enter into our universities without paying atrocious sums out of pocket and hence killing the diversity that can be observed on campuses across the country. And please not Boris.

#36 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:22 AM

I have no idea how any of this works, and I'm really reaching here -- maybe the UK will start buying boat loads of silver, and my small fortune will turn into a much much larger fortune. Probably not ._.

#37 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

US and UK are in a very close competition for who can make the worst political decisions of 2016. 

Although I'm sure the US is happy that it isn't the embarrassment of the world today. Will change if Trump wins. 

2df39df6ca3251b76d0b8d9ab6c04da0.png

Interesting point. 

#38 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:58 AM

This. And also the fact that EU students will find it more difficult to enter into our universities without paying atrocious sums out of pocket and hence killing the diversity that can be observed on campuses across the country. And please not Boris.

Without the extra tuition fees, I'll be amazed if a number of universities can continue as they're currently run.

#39 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:30 AM

Get rid of some of the dead weight management and they will be fine ;)

#40 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:33 AM

Without the extra tuition fees, I'll be amazed if a number of universities can continue as they're currently run.

Yeah, a lot of my friends are thinking of going elsewhere because they don't want to have to pay so much.

#41 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:35 AM

Get rid of some of the dead weight management and they will be fine ;)

You credit them with too much practicality.

The irritating thing is that nothing happens now. Nobody is invoking Article 50. Cameron has already said he won't be the only to do it. It'll be at least 2018 until this takes legal rather than political and economic effect, so we now have turmoil with no benefit.

Pound is slowly creeping its way back up after the 2am crash.

#42 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

Pound is slowly creeping its way back up after the 2am crash.

as I said its short term and also the voters have not caused this currency movement, the financial market has caused this by gambling in that the UK would remain.

#43 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:42 AM

I'm so angry about the whole thing and I'm worried about the future for my kids.

Most of the people I know have been complaining about immigrants and saying the money saved from the EU membership will be put into the NHS. I'm seen as a bit of a "silly leftie" to my family so they have been completely ignoring me telling them that a lot of our immigration is from non EU countries (so won't change!) and that to stay in the free market (which they all insist they want) we will have to negotiate a deal similar to Norway and Sweden (I think!) which specifies free movement of people. So most people I know have voted out for either the wrong reasons or horrible racist reasons. 

And as for believing Farage when he said the money would go back into the NHS.. anyone who believes anything that man says needs to reevaluate. He's since said it was a mistake to say that and it won't be going back in.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Marionette, 24 June 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#44 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:51 AM

normaly I would not amend something someone has posted but felt I should just for info basis:

He's since said it was a mistake to say that and it won't be going back in.

just for your info it was not Farage who stated "all" the money would go back into the NHS it was other leave members who did this.  He has stated this morning they where wrong to use this campaign and that he did not agree with the statement "all" he said he would think it would be in the region of 80-100m but that it was not upto him but the leader or new leader of the conservatives to decide this.

Anyways not a fan of Farage but just thought I would amend your info there as it is being reported wrongly on social media.  I happened to be awake when Farage had this live interview where the was stated so know what was actualy said and also the interveiwer was trying to lead him into a mistake but did not get anything.

#45 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

My sister in law is from London and her and her entire family have been really hit hard by this whole thing. I won't pretend to understand every little thing about the situation, but did people forget the whole once you leave you don't come back deal? I feel like the whole thing wasn't completely thought out and most of the people who voted to leave weren't looking at the entire picture of consequences and whatnot.

#46 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:00 AM

oh and best picture I found on FB today so far is this one

BKeKXZnCUAAOXpC.jpg

A very awkward moment when a camera man gets his BGs messed up :p

#47 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:06 AM

Labour MPs have submitted a motion of no confidence in Corbyn.

#48 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:45 AM

normaly I would not amend something someone has posted but felt I should just for info basis:

just for your info it was not Farage who stated "all" the money would go back into the NHS it was other leave members who did this.  He has stated this morning they where wrong to use this campaign and that he did not agree with the statement "all" he said he would think it would be in the region of 80-100m but that it was not upto him but the leader or new leader of the conservatives to decide this.

Anyways not a fan of Farage but just thought I would amend your info there as it is being reported wrongly on social media.  I happened to be awake when Farage had this live interview where the was stated so know what was actualy said and also the interveiwer was trying to lead him into a mistake but did not get anything.

Oops, my mistake! I think I'm naturally inclined to hear his name and immediately believe the worst.

#49 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:17 AM

^im totally with you god forbid if he ever ran this country.

Edit:

No need to run off into the woods and chase the faeries down just yet.....

The FTSE 100 London stock market is down just over 4%. The pound has stabilised

#yup

#50 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

I honestly never expected the Leave vote to win so I was devastated this morning when I found out and have had a feeling all day which I'm pretty sure could be accurately described as 'dread'. It's mostly the uncertainty and not having a clue what's about to happen to us which I'm very anxious about, especially considering we could now be left with Boris Johnson or Michael Gove as Prime Minister (two people I despise immensely). I don't like Cameron at all but if it's a choice between him and anybody from the Leave campaign then I'd take Cameron any time. I'm just hoping that the oil price stays low now to ward off a potential Scottish referendum in the near future. :/ Leaving the EU is going to do nothing to limit immigration because we'll end up having to sign up to free movement to access the single market and we'll also have to pay for the privilege as Norway etc do already. Urgh, small-minded fucking bigots have put us in a situation where we've pissed off a trade behemoth on our doorstep and we (the younger, working generations) now need to compete with that while pensions will still be going up at least 2.5% every single year regardless of what happens to the economy, a massive housing shortage continues, mortgages and rents continue to rise, wages continue to stagnate and there's huge uncertainty in employment...

At work we do a lot of business in Europe so we have nearly 100 non-UK EU nationals in the office, a lot of them have been really worried today and it's horrible to see. The CEO had to send an email effectively saying "we have no idea what's going to happen but you're probably got another 2 years without any visa issues, we'll look at it again then".

Labour MPs have submitted a motion of no confidence in Corbyn.

This is one of only two positives I've managed to think of today, I've never liked Corbyn and couldn't picture myself voting for him in an election even though I've always been a Labour voter. The other positive being that bank shares are effectively having a 20% off sale today and I'm tempted to stock up a bit, must be horrendous for people working in finance today though. Share prices have held up surprisingly well so far considering, I was expecting a massacre.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users