totm

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#76 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

There have only been 2 people posting valid rebuttals.

How many rebuttals does it take before something is proven to be the statement of somebody who doesn't have a clue what they're talking about? :p

Gone 9pm on a Friday night. Still in the office, where I arrived at 7am. #PrayForAli

*prays to the Many-Faced God*

#77 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

And people with terminal illnesses shouldn't vote either.

Did I say they shouldn't vote? Quote me where I said that since you want to be pedantic.

#78 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

How many rebuttals does it take before something is proven to be the statement of somebody who doesn't have a clue what they're talking about? :p

Look at the Ortin to actual rebuttal ratio :p Although I'm starting to think he knows as much as I do.

#79 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

Gone 9pm on a Friday night. Still in the office, where I arrived at 7am. #PrayForAli

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh wait.

I don't pray. 

You're fucked.

#80 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

Did I say they shouldn't vote? Quote me where I said that since you want to be pedantic.

Please stop bringing so much negativity to the thread.

Old citizens have the same right as young citizens when it comes to voting. Establishing a "weight" for anyone's vote sets a horrible precedent that can be used in other voting scenarios. 

#81 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

Old citizens have the same right as young citizens when it comes to voting. Establishing a "weight" for anyone's vote sets a horrible precedent that can be used in other voting scenarios. 

Ok again. Quote me where I said that they shouldn't have the right to vote. I can be as negative as I want when you people want to accuse me of saying something I clearly didn't say for the sake of arguing. You don't want me to be negative? Then stop putting words in my mouth and address the shit I'm actually saying.

#82 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

I agree with you, however, it's important to realize that this effects the younger generations far more than older ones. And I'm generalizing here, but many baby boomers operate under the assumption that all Millennials are entitled and ignorant. And some of us think it's entitled as fuck to make political, social and economic choices that are clearly not great for society as a whole, and then complain about how *we're* the problem. That should be acknowledged. 

#83 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

Oh so yall have Baby Boomers who are determined to fuck the entire world up before they die too.

Yes. Because they're dying within the next 15-20 years and we have to deal with the long term consequences of their dumb ass decisions.

Ok again. Quote me where I said that they shouldn't have the right to vote. I can be as negative as I want when you people want to accuse me of saying something I clearly didn't say for the sake of arguing. You don't want me to be negative? Then stop putting words in my mouth and address the shit I'm actually saying.

I agree with you, however, it's important to realize that this effects the younger generations far more than older ones. And I'm generalizing here, but many baby boomers operate under the assumption that all Millennials are entitled and ignorant. And some of us think it's entitled as fuck to make political, social and economic choices that are clearly not great for society as a whole, and then complain about how *we're* the problem. That should be acknowledged. 

Regardless of whether or not this affects the younger people more than the older ones, as long as someone is mentally fit to vote, they should be allowed to.

The older generation has the capacity to take that into consideration. It's the sad reality.

#84 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

Regardless of whether or not this affects the younger people more than the older ones, as long as someone is mentally fit to vote, they should be allowed to.

The older generation has the capacity to take that into consideration. It's the sad reality.

Did I say anywhere that they shouldn't? 

No. Neither did @Mishelle.

I even agreed with you, they have the right to vote, end of. I'm just saying we need to let people acknowledge that the opinions of the baby boomer's are shitty, when you factor in that they will be dead in 15-30 years and won't need to deal with the fall out from this type of decision. Acknowledging it and commiserating about it isn't being negative.

#85 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Still didn't find the part where I said fuck all baby boomers lets take their right to vote away.

I even agreed with you, they have the right to vote, end of. I'm just saying we need to let people acknowledge that the opinions of the baby boomer's are shitty, when you factor in that they will be dead in 15-30 years and won't need to deal with the fall out from this type of decision. Acknowledging it and commiserating about it isn't being negative.

See Coops can read. Idk why other people can't seem to.

#86 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

Things could be worse.

1JVqlhq.jpg

#87 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

GG fox

#88 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

Things could be worse.

1JVqlhq.jpg

Go home Fox News, you're drunk.

#89 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

Things could be worse.

1JVqlhq.jpg

Oh, good old Fox News.

I unfortunately know someone who voted Out because they thought that meant we'd live in the EU - their rationale is entirely beyond me. As someone who works in the NHS, it's not immigrants that are causing the strain we see; it's partly the fact that we have an increasingly elderly population that are living longer. They need more medical attention, appointments, community care and so on. It's also partly because the NHS is being geared to fail so that privatisation can happen.

Seeing people use the NHS as an excuse to vote out just pisses me off because it is a red herring thrown up by the Leave campaign that people have glomped on to. Nothing in the NHS will change because economic growth in the UK is likely to slow, and so whatever government is in power when we leave will likely not spend any more money on the NHS.

#90 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:41 PM

All I see here is that gold went up quite a bit :o. This pleases me.

#91 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

It's a moot point.

#92 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

It's a moot point.

Maybe to you. But people are allowed to be angry about it. Telling people not to talk 'negatively' about it is not conducive to anything, and is just offensive to all the people who are going to experience the negative ramifications of this decision.

#93 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

Idk if I'm missing some kind of contrarian goggles or something, but I still have yet to see how someone could make the mental leap of me saying that I don't take the opinions of baby boomers as seriously as opinions of people from my generation into me saying they shouldn't be allowed to vote at all.

#94 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

Maybe to you. But people are allowed to be angry about it. Telling people not to talk 'negatively' about it is not conducive to anything, and is just offensive to all the people who are going to experience the negative ramifications of this decision.

Not telling you to not be negative, be as angry as you want.

I'm saying that it's irrelevant and out of your control both before and after the vote was cast.

#95 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

Not telling you to not be negative, be as angry as you want.

I'm saying that it's irrelevant and out of your control both before and after the vote was cast.

That's so weird, I vaguely remember a post where you tell someone not to be negative in this thread for calling out baby boomers...

#96 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:27 PM

Idk if I'm missing some kind of contrarian goggles or something, but I still have yet to see how someone could make the mental leap of me saying that I don't take the opinions of baby boomers as seriously as opinions of people from my generation into me saying they shouldn't be allowed to vote at all.

I'm confused too. Apparently saying a certain age group of people are unable to vote thinking about the future legacy; the social and economical burden they are leaving for their children, grandchildren and beyond; the international connections that may be lost, put on hold, or heavily redesign, it equals to say they shouldn't be able to vote at all? I guess we both missed that very specific synonyms class, maybe because that day we were somewhere being overly dramatic about our own feelings on some issue that affects our lives. We should know better by now.

#97 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

That's so weird, I vaguely remember a post where you tell someone not to be negative in this thread for calling out baby boomers...

Woops.

#98 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

giphy.gif

So anyway guys about that brexit. Now the news is reporting that ISIS is planning Europe attacks because of all the chaos coming from this referendum.

#99 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Because ISIS weren't planning Europe attacks to begin with of course.

#100 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

I'm curious, how reliable are ISIS claims? Somewhere in the back of my head says that ISIS is unusually and unfortunately reliable, though I cannot remember where I read that. 

I haven't ready any official stats but they don't seem to be that reliable, they'll use any kind of turmoil to fear monger. But then again you never know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users