• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#151 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

will be either Her (shudder) or the little hamster (bigger shudder).

I feel like this could also describe the US presidential candidates.

This has been a rollercoaster week. 

#152 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:55 AM

will be either Her (shudder) or the little hamster (bigger shudder).

I think Michael Gove looks a lot like a baby in a suit.

#153 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:04 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-36672591

Looks like Boris Johnson isn't going to be running for leader of the Conservatives and therefore Prime Minister, thankfully. Nearly as surprising as the referendum result.

I'm not sure this soothes me when Gove and May are running. Ugh. I know I love London desperately but emigrating seems an increasingly good idea.

#154 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

I'm not sure this soothes me when Gove and May are running. Ugh. I know I love London desperately but emigrating seems an increasingly good idea.

They're all a rotten bunch, aren't they? Very worrying that one of these people is going to be unelected Prime Minister for the next 4 years or so... Theresa May possibly slightly less bad? Still very unlikeable and I seem to recall she wanted us to leave the human rights convention. I expect if she wins she'll put Gove in charge of the Brexit negotiations anyway though.

#155 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:26 AM

She will win, she is saying all the right things and doing everything nicey nicey.  Personally I hate the cow, I don't think any of the candidates put forward are any good and struggle to feel (as a leaver) any good will come out of this.  We shall just have to see.

#156 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:50 AM

She will win, she is saying all the right things and doing everything nicey nicey.  Personally I hate the cow, I don't think any of the candidates put forward are any good and struggle to feel (as a leaver) any good will come out of this.  We shall just have to see.

I never thought I'd wish that Cameron would remain as Prime Minister. :/ He's practically a liberal compared with the ones in the running...

I hold you personally responsible for all of this and the disaster yet to come.

#157 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:16 AM

hehe want my new address so you can send the boys round :p

Andrea Leadsom is prob the only one I would go for and she will not be anywhere near.  The only hope I have now as a "leaver" is if Ms Cow gets in that she creates a good brexit team then we might be able to do something good but we shall see.

TBH I am more interested in seeing what happens with Labour, I am not a Corbin fan but again like the cons who would be the replacement.  Best Labour ppl I have seen for awhile is David Miliband who was stuffed by the unions and the German lady who campaigned for leave cant remember her name sorry, but she impressed me.

#158 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

They're all a rotten bunch, aren't they? Very worrying that one of these people is going to be unelected Prime Minister for the next 4 years or so... Theresa May possibly slightly less bad? Still very unlikeable and I seem to recall she wanted us to leave the human rights convention. I expect if she wins she'll put Gove in charge of the Brexit negotiations anyway though.

She's an odious woman, I think I'd actually prefer Gove which feels an extreme stance. Have either of them said whether they'd call an early general election?

#159 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:16 AM

She's an odious woman, I think I'd actually prefer Gove which feels an extreme stance. Have either of them said whether they'd call an early general election?

She has more than a whiff of Maggie about her if you ask me, and not just because she's a woman. May said she wouldn't call an election or a 2nd referendum, haven't heard anything from Gove yet but I imagine he would say the same (despite the fact that they'd probably benefit from the Labour fiasco going on right now).

#160 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:16 AM

I think Michael Gove looks a lot like a baby in a suit.

Thanks to this, I cannot unsee the baby in a suit everytime a picture of Michael Gove is posted somewhere. :/

#161 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:41 AM

95834856_michael-gove-news-large_trans++Michael-Gove.jpg

"Is someone having a doo doo"

"aww whos a cute little man"

I could go on and on

#162 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:46 AM

All the backstabbing and two-facedness going on in the Tory party. It reads like a soap opera: http://www.telegraph...cuckoo-nest-pl/

Who knew Gove could be so machiavellian?

#163 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:58 AM

All the backstabbing and two-facedness going on in the Tory party. It reads like a soap opera: http://www.telegraph...cuckoo-nest-pl/

Who knew Gove could be so machiavellian?

He used to be a journalist, he knows how to play the game. I imagine there's plenty of Tories thinking he can't be trusted at all now though so it might have backfired for him.

#164 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:58 AM

https://vine.co/v/hgbab1H2LH7

"Michael Gove's human suit malfunctioned at conference today."

Laughing so hard.

#165 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:50 PM

rofl nice one.

1 candidate to step down today.... once there was 5 so to be 4.

#166 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:25 AM

Farage stepped down from the UKIP leadership. Again.

#167 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:16 AM

I suppose he has got what was his key wish of his party.  The interesting thing in years to come is will UKIP still be around or will they become a re branded party.

#168 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:31 AM

Ugh still annoyed over this. So many people seem to have taken the vote to mean that their racism is now validated...pathetic.

Can't believe this is all just because Cameron shit himself at how 'popular' UKIP looked in the election, so decided to give a referdendum to take away ukip votes...as if they were ever going to win lol.

#169 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:47 AM

Can't believe this is all just because Cameron shit himself at how 'popular' UKIP looked in the election, so decided to give a referdendum to take away ukip votes...as if they were ever going to win lol.

It's less about the prospect of UKIP winning and more about the Conservatives losing. Losing Tory voters to UKIP because of Europe issues, potentially damages the number of seats that the Tories will hold. Grossly simplifying it, but they don't want the right wing vote being split between 2 parties, when the bulk of the left will vote for Labour.

#170 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

Interestingly (considering im a leaver :)) if they where to hold a election now as the parties stand but say presuming Cameron did not quit and there was no referendum, I wonder if the results would be anywhere like they was before.

Would Scotland still vote in favour of SNP?

Would UKIP push the Tories into giving a referendum?

Would UKIP be even stronger?

Would Labour lose more seats?

Its amazing what a few months and a different outcome can do.  This is why I find politics so great, I personaly cant stand any of the current lot we have but the idea of politics is what gets me going.

#171 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

On a more serious note, we also find out that Michael Gove, in addition to clapping like he's been recently lobotomised, drinks like a proper weirdo too:

Spoiler

#172 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

:rofl: AYY those faces will make for some excellent memes  

#173 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:25 PM

haha love those

#174 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

Wanted May for Tory Leader, now found out she thinks paedos and sex offenders should be allowed to adopt?!

Ugh. Its like choosing between gonorrhea and syphilis

#175 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:26 AM

On a more serious note, we also find out that Michael Gove, in addition to clapping like he's been recently lobotomised, drinks like a proper weirdo too:

Spoiler

He forgot how to human. 

Also, when he claps he looks like he's got tiny baby hands. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users