• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

I'm not sure if this should be in the estrogen thread, but I figured why not. Guys and girls have skin XD

What's your skin type?
What makeup products you use to work with it?

So recently I decided to be late and hop on the makeup bus.
When I say late I mean I've never really worn makeup daily and I'm 22. 
There's 13 year olds who can put eye shadow better than me.

My skin has been hard to work with. It's sensitive, dry, pale, and I sweat- not oily.
Usually its a quick sweat and they dries real fast. (making my skin even more dry)
BB cream dewy look has been a life savor, but I can't use matte since it makes my skin even more dry.

I try for the more natural look because that's all I can do here. I do love colored eyeliners a bunch ^^

#2 Rosy

Rosy
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

I think I have normal skin, but if I don't hydrate and moisturize, it gets easily dehydrated and oily. Ever since I've started my routine, I haven't broken out other than occasional ToM pimple. I try and follow skincare regimen that includes double cleansing, serum, toner, moisturizer. In the mornings, I'll use one cleanser, moisturizer and then sunscreen. Always sunscreen  :cool:

Makeup wise, I enjoy fancy makeup like MUFE, Dior, Too faced, tarte, tom ford, guerlain. I've definitely spent way too much money at sephora - their generous return policy is amazing and I have definitely taken advantage of it. I also like neutrals: browns, taupes, and dusty roses. 

I've usually follow /r/MakeupAddiction and /r/AsianBeauty for makeup and skincare, but now that I've got my own routine all set, I don't browse as much since I've been trying to curb my spending  :p

#3 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

My skin used to be very oily (the usual: forehead & nose) and very dry for the rest of the face. It came to a point I was spending more money with products trying to solve the issue than with some of my house bills. It was awful. *shudders*
But since I abolished all harsh chemicals from my hygiene, my skin got its balance back and I can say it's "normal". It needs less cleaning, and I don't use any type of cream in several years, being the exception sunscreen because I haven't found a more healthy alternative that completely satisfy me, but when I use it my skin gets crappy again so I only apply it during summer.
To clean it I use a drop of olive oil + castor oil every two nights applied before a 2-3 minutes "steam session". During the rest of the time, I only use cold water and it's enough to clean/moisturise. In particularly hot days I use a homemade aloe spray to give that fresh feeling lol
It took me me a long time to reach this point though, after so many years of products causing more harm than good :/

About makeup... I'm not a regular user of it, especially now because of my work. But I use it in special events. I prefer natural looks and use only the minimum (mascara + eye shade), because my skin is pretty good right now and I don't want to ruin it lol
I did try make my own makeup when I was in a kinda-hippie-phase a few years ago, but meeeh too much trouble for something I rarely use.
I've been trying a lot of brands over the years because of moral & environmental reasons, but recently I've been using BelláPierre and I'm happy with it so far.

GAH. This is all the girly talk I can handle. *runs*

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

I never really wore makeup much. And I still mostly just put it on for funsies. My skin is pretty pale and I only had bad acne when I was a kid. But I get a rash almost every day on my face (and other parts of my body) from standing up, or taking a shower, or just breathing. e.e So I started putting foundation on a couple years ago because people a twits and would constantly tell me I looked mad or embarrassed and I'm like, "I know Captain Dipshit, thanks for reminding me and making me feel self-conscious". Just recently, I started using liquid instead of powder foundation. I like both pretty equally. I've always had super young looking skin so I never bothered to moisturize - a fortunate symptom of my genetic disorder lol. But now I do because I'm wearing foundation more often. So after I shower, I moisturize, wait, put on primer, wait and then foundation with SPF protection.

If I am feeling extra adventurous, I'll put on eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. But that's maybe a few times a month max. 

#5 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

urgh, i HATE my skin. i've been struggling to improve my skin condition ever since puberty hit. right now, my skin looks like the moon surface. it's horrible. my fault tho, i pricked my skin too much. :doh:

i have a dry-oily skin. i already tried a lot of different products but so far i don't think i've found the right product yet. just when i thought i've found THE ONE, my skin will break out lol. i wish there is a concrete reason why someone has acne because i've tried sleeping earlier, not touching my face for as long as i can, cutting off some of my favourite food but same old same old. :(

recently mom gave me a bottle cooling rice powder... i just take some, add water and apply it on my face every night and rinse it off when i wake up the next morning. i've been using it since last week and it seems to work wonders. the bad news is, it is running out and since it's a traditional remedy i'll have a hard time getting more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, type, products, nudes, color, woopdadoop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users