• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#51 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

Haha, you're right xD There's no way a manipulator would say the same and predictable things. You're pretty sharp.

I've been better. I learned how to juggle four bean bags.

how dyou do thaatt?? 

Enough to convince her to make an AMA during TC.

how dyou do thaatttt

#52 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

Why don't you go on facebook anymore?

#53 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

Oh fuck yeah. One of the biggest things I hate with all my existence is when new people meet each and like a minute afterwards, they go on their phones and pseudo ignore each other. Closing off oneself is the worst things people can do. My classmates, professors, and practicing professionals I'm with and our patients are so open and communicative and that kind of environment really awakens my brain and makes me feel like I'm living. I had a conversation about drugs and resulting stool histories and it may have been boring and disgusting, but it was the most stimulating discussions I ever had because the profession I'm going for requires that rigor in communication and understanding. I can't really describe what makes it so breathtaking for me, but I can reassure, the material and course content doesn't do it for me, but the human interaction gives me such an enjoyable thrill. I can't wait until I have my license and practice in an institution or prison.

ah, thats awesome! :) It sounds really interesting. I, personally, value those kinds of conversations and experiences with people (although, not necessarily about poo lol). :)

#54 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:30 PM

how dyou do thaatt?? 

how dyou do thaatttt

By having the time to practice and using said time to practice.

By speaking my mind in a serious manner and not in a joking insulting format.

Why don't you go on facebook anymore?

Most of the close people in my life don't use it and I don't have time or energy to second-hand cope or engage in someone else's chronic moody spells.

Additionally, people I give a shit about know how to reach me. 

#55 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

By having the time to practice and using said time to practice.

By speaking my mind in a serious manner and not in a joking insulting format.

Most of the close people in my life don't use it and I don't have time or energy to second-hand cope or engage in someone else's chronic moody spells.

Additionally, people I give a shit about know how to reach me. 

That sounds like a disappointing facebook. Not much worse than mine: random videos that are usually not interesting and funny but I stop and watch 25% of them because I have no self control.

What med schools did you apply to? And why did you choose the one which you are currently attending? I ask bc a bunch of (probably) incoming first years came by for a tour and a fake day in the life of a med student (to see if they wanted to come here vs a dif school). Which was a bummer bc the 10 people in my class studying at school thought we had the building to ourselves due to the 1st years just having a final yesterday.

#56 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

That sounds like a disappointing facebook. Not much worse than mine: random videos that are usually not interesting and funny but I stop and watch 25% of them because I have no self control.
What med schools did you apply to? And why did you choose the one which you are currently attending? I ask bc a bunch of (probably) incoming first years came by for a tour and a fake day in the life of a med student (to see if they wanted to come here vs a dif school). Which was a bummer bc the 10 people in my class studying at school thought we had the building to ourselves due to the 1st years just having a final yesterday.

This is actually the question I refuse to answer.

You know, to maintain anonymity and all that jazz. Even the real life codexians don't know where I rent/go to school. I'm particular about things like these.

I chose my particular school because of the overexposure to the clinical setting (and the school scholarship to all the accepted). Yes, we still have textbooks to read and get tested from in a classroom setting, but on the first day in the university hospital, we were treated like freshly graduated registered nurses who must acclimate to the setting. You would think shadowing mental health professionals would be easy, but I got so much second hand stress because it seemed like the patient was abducted and we're the bad guys. My first shadowing is something I'll never forget. These patients had no recollection of who they are, where they are, and why they're here and the lack of context for them for whatever reason makes our lives so much disheartening.

#57 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

This is actually the question I refuse to answer.

You know, to maintain anonymity and all that jazz. Even the real life codexians don't know where I rent/go to school. I'm particular about things like these.

I chose my particular school because of the overexposure to the clinical setting (and the school scholarship to all the accepted). Yes, we still have textbooks to read and get tested from in a classroom setting, but on the first day in the university hospital, we were treated like freshly graduated registered nurses who must acclimate to the setting. You would think shadowing mental health professionals would be easy, but I got so much second hand stress because it seemed like the patient was abducted and we're the bad guys. My first shadowing is something I'll never forget. These patients had no recollection of who they are, where they are, and why they're here and the lack of context for them for whatever reason makes our lives so much disheartening.

I really like that about my school too. One of the main reasons I chose it. That, and it is where I went to undergrad, and I have a house here etc etc. Does your school give everyone a full scholarship? Or just some to help cover costs. The in-staters at my school get an average of 50% of their tuition paid for. Which is nice. I am hoping to not have any student loans when I graduate. Wouldn't be able to do it without the scholarships.

#58 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

I really like that about my school too. One of the main reasons I chose it. That, and it is where I went to undergrad, and I have a house here etc etc. Does your school give everyone a full scholarship? Or just some to help cover costs. The in-staters at my school get an average of 50% of their tuition paid for. Which is nice. I am hoping to not have any student loans when I graduate. Wouldn't be able to do it without the scholarships.

Yes.

#59 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

If I told you somebody on Codex knew how to summon demons, who would your top 3 guesses be?

How do you come up with those puzzles which take ages to solve? Why do you come up with them?

Book smarts or street smarts?

#60 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

If I told you somebody on Codex knew how to summon demons, who would your top 3 guesses be?

How do you come up with those puzzles which take ages to solve? Why do you come up with them?

Book smarts or street smarts?

I don't understand what my guess should be. Should the guess comprise of who the suspects for demon summoning are, who the demons are, or whether or not you're bullshitting/putting up a ruse to hide a dark secret.

I pull them out of my ass. Because I watched an anime called Phi Brain and I think that puzzle makers are far superior than puzzle solvers and therefore, I get to feel superior over many idiots letting their feelings cloud their judgement.

Neither. Adaptive smarts to learn both. 

#61 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

Why you suddenly stopped replying in your own contest? What happened in the end?

#62 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:26 PM

I'm not pandering to you people.

#63 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

Why you suddenly stopped replying in your own contest? What happened in the end?

I didn't need to. Since people are struggling, I'll share a nifty clue: the puzzle is solvable just by the first post. People quoted the first post, so there's no chance I could have altered anything.

In the end, no one solved it. Here's another clue: I don't need to check the thread to know who wins. And no, I don't count myself as a winner. 

I'm not pandering to you people.

I totally respect that, but you didn't have to say anything to me. What compelled you to go out of you way to post that here?

#64 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:37 PM

What is your honest opinion of me?

#65 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

I didn't need to. Since people are struggling, I'll share a nifty clue: the puzzle is solvable just by the first post. People quoted the first post, so there's no chance I could have altered anything.

In the end, no one solved it. Here's another clue: I don't need to check the thread to know who wins. And no, I don't count myself as a winner.

Yeah, but you said you had to answer every question. And you didn't, you started to ignore people. The game ended because 3 days without questions went through, however questions stopped being done because you wasn't replying to them. So, why?

#66 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

What is your honest opinion of me?

Tagging you because it seems like this is a serious question you want answered. @Romy

Due to the long time I haven't been in contact with you in general, my opinion of you is now boiled down to first impressions rather than the sum of all the interactions we had. And even with that, I view you as someone who put your guard up way too easily and it makes it less fun to talk to you because you become successful in being that somewhat confident, fully functioning person everyone expects everyone to be. At least you're humble which makes you tolerable. Kinda boring, but that kind of facade works in the real world. It would have been cool if we had more chill times to talk like the time I paid you 10 bucks to answer a list of questions in a vid chat. I think that time was the time when I felt like you were interesting because we had the opportunity to see each other beyond the words we type and the masks we wear. And it was that one time when I got a glimpse of the more powerful you and the type of person I would totally be real friends with in real life. But it's whateva.

tl;dr I've met worse people.

At least you try to get ahead in life and I can't fault you for being what you must to reach your goals.

Yeah, but you said you had to answer every question. And you didn't, you started to ignore people. The game ended because 3 days without questions went through, however questions stopped being done because you wasn't replying to them. So, why?

Ugh. I can't say anymore. I told Swarley everything but the answer about the puzzle. Ask him if you want anymore free clues. 

#67 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

Do you have any moments in your life that went completely wrong, and you can't figure out why it went that way? If you could reverse or improve what happened, would you?

#68 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

Do you have any moments in your life that went completely wrong, and you can't figure out why it went that way? If you could reverse or improve what happened, would you?

In the heat of the moment, there are lots of time I would feel like hell broke loose for no explainable reason. In the end, it's all the same. Give me a few days and everything would make sense. Thinking back, I wouldn't reverse or improve any of those experiences, not because I'm an all high-and-mighty zen master who understands the secrets of the universe, but because all those times weren't at all life-scarring or anywhere near that extent. All of those times are all just anxiety and stress balled up in such a compressed amount of time that I felt like I was going to die. If I think about one situation now, I would laugh at how insignificant it is to me now.

I'll give you an example. A short example. A really short example. Thanks to a serious and full-hearted advice I gave, it led to someone killing himself. Would I do anything different? Well, the real question is: would I want to appear to be such an irredeemable human being by remaining resolute to what I said in the previous paragraph or become a hypocrite for the sake of self-preservation?

#69 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

Tagging you because it seems like this is a serious question you want answered. @Romy

Due to the long time I haven't been in contact with you in general, my opinion of you is now boiled down to first impressions rather than the sum of all the interactions we had. And even with that, I view you as someone who put your guard up way too easily and it makes it less fun to talk to you because you become successful in being that somewhat confident, fully functioning person everyone expects everyone to be. At least you're humble which makes you tolerable. Kinda boring, but that kind of facade works in the real world. It would have been cool if we had more chill times to talk like the time I paid you 10 bucks to answer a list of questions in a vid chat. I think that time was the time when I felt like you were interesting because we had the opportunity to see each other beyond the words we type and the masks we wear. And it was that one time when I got a glimpse of the more powerful you and the type of person I would totally be real friends with in real life. But it's whateva.

tl;dr I've met worse people.

At least you try to get ahead in life and I can't fault you for being what you must to reach your goals.

Goddamn. It's terrifying how good you are at reading people.

I let @Chappy read your post and even she said it's spot on.

#70 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

I totally respect that, but you didn't have to say anything to me. What compelled you to go out of you way to post that here?

Can you tell us what the answer to the puzzle was since it's over now? It IS over, right?

#71 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

Can you tell us what the answer to the puzzle was since it's over now? It IS over, right?

I can. No. (<------- HUGE FUCKING CLUE *RED SIRENS*)

Goddamn. It's terrifying how good you are at reading people.

I let @Chappy read your post and even she said it's spot on.

@Romy

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I P.T. BARNUM EFFECT'D YOU. It's all stupid. 

Like... hollywood horoscopes and Miss Cleo stupid. I SHOULD be completely wrong about you since I know nothing substantial about you. I am not a person who can judge you or anyone. Far from it. I got lucky that some generic thing I wrote that most people can relate with sprinkled with a personal experience got traction. Stop taking everything I say so seriously or even considering me as someone significant in your life. You don't need an asshole like me, who you know almost nothing about you, to tell you what you already know about yourself. 

#72 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

*blink blink*

Back to reading the puzzle thread.

I just don't understand rule 6 then. You said "6. This puzzle ends with no winner if three days passed after the last YES/NO question has been asked."

The last YES/NO question has been asked more than 3 days ago. Game over.

Edited by Generic, 03 November 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#73 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

*blink blink*

Back to reading the puzzle thread.

I just don't understand rule 6 then. You said "6. This puzzle ends with no winner if three days passed after the last YES/NO question has been asked."

The last YES/NO question has been asked more than 3 days ago. Game over.

*rubs temples* It wouldn't be an ultimate puzzle if it would be easy as discerning something as black or what. I'll give you a tip about puzzles in general. Lies and truths... they don't matter. What you want to find is a pattern. There is as much discernible patterns in a string of lies as in a slew of truths. 

#74 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Does all this business of inciting people to make AMA's have to do with the puzzle?

#75 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

So tel

@Romy

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I P.T. BARNUM EFFECT'D YOU. It's all stupid.

Like... hollywood horoscopes and Miss Cleo stupid. I SHOULD be completely wrong about you since I know nothing substantial about you. I am not a person who can judge you or anyone. Far from it. I got lucky that some generic thing I wrote that most people can relate with sprinkled with a personal experience got traction. Stop taking everything I say so seriously or even considering me as someone significant in your life. You don't need an asshole like me, who you know almost nothing about you, to tell you what you already know about yourself.

So tell them or us the answer since you said you can and the game is not over. by the way you like to tell people to shut up huh?

Edited by Theancientone, 03 November 2016 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users