merica zb zombians

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#151 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

I like you and I'm kind of an asshole.

If other people didn't like you, you'd know. :p

I just have no self awareness about that kind of stuff because I'm literally autistic, so unless people tell me directly how they feel I have absolutely no clue.

It's a nice gesture that you all wanted to try and help bring activity back to ZB but yeah, having an award for it probably wasn't necessary and like you said, was a case of too little, too late unfortunately.

We did try, but it just wasn't happening, and when you realize what everyone else already tried to do to keep it going, you just know it's time to let it die.

In all fairness, Yung was pretty much powerless to do anything to stop the fall.

The owners didn't care.

Exactly, Yung made himself seem like a really good admin choice for a while.

(And again if this is leaking too much you can just tell me to edit my post)

But I was told that he was allowed to become admin if he could get his activity up. I dunno if I was allowed to say that, but we all know the outcome since it's closing so I think I can say it?

#152 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:44 PM

In all fairness, Yung was pretty much powerless to do anything to stop the fall.

The owners didn't care.

They needed to branch out more into newer things apart from Neo and it just didn't happen in a timely manner, not to mention, the way Yung was in his ways towards others seemed to push a lot of older members away from the site who still cared for it. :/
@Aria you may as well spill the beans if you see fit, what can it do? Get you banned from ZB? Lol

#153 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

They needed to branch out more into newer things apart from Neo and it just didn't happen in a timely manner, not to mention, the way Yung was in his ways towards others seemed to push a lot of older members away from the site who still cared for it. :/
@Aria you may as well spill the beans if you see fit, what can it do? Get you banned from ZB? Lol

Yeah, at first I didn't mind working with Yung, but he was /very/ strict about everything all the time.

It just wasn't fun at all anymore. It felt so forced and just, there was no life put into any activities anymore from my end, and even my girlfriend can tell you, it was starting to push me back into depression, so I just dropped it, blocked yung, and moved on.

Been happy ever since.

#154 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

At least as far as I know, there's not exactly much interesting beans to spill. We did pretty standard stuff - made a few YouTube videos for programs on the site, tried to advertise, tried to engage conversation, started some contests.

Shrug. Not sure if Aria knows more though. Or maybe I'm forgetting something? Any other little details are pretty common knowledge anyway I believe, so I'm not seeing much to leak honestly.

Edited by Generic, 20 May 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#155 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, at first I didn't mind working with Yung, but he was /very/ strict about everything all the time.
It just wasn't fun at all anymore. It felt so forced and just, there was no life put into any activities anymore from my end, and even my girlfriend can tell you, it was starting to push me back into depression, so I just dropped it, blocked yung, and moved on.
Been happy ever since.

Yeah see that's exactly why people dislike the way he does things. Its all so forced. We love to have fun on staff here and along side the contest team and forum leaders its a really good unit.

#156 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

Yeah see that's exactly why people dislike the way he does things. Its all so forced. We love to have fun on staff here and along side the contest team and forum leaders its a really good unit.

Yeah, I didn't get why everyone hated him at first, then I became a sectional mod on ZB and it went down the shitter from there.

At least as far as I know, there's not exactly much interesting beans to spill. We did pretty standard stuff - made a few YouTube videos for programs on the site, tried to advertise, tried to engage conversation, started some contests.

Shrug. Not sure if Aria knows more though. Or maybe I'm forgetting something? Any other little details are pretty common knowledge anyway I believe, so I'm not seeing much to leak honestly.

Other than Yung telling me about his reputation here, and stuff like that. Nothing TOO interesting happened, it was literally just stuff like, how to make contests more enticing, how to get activity up, new ideas that other forums didn't have, etc.

I was making my own neopets news letter but I stopped because it seemed pointless.

#157 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

...He talked about me a lot? What? That's, kinda weird actually. What.

Yeah. Now I feel like a secondhand creep for listening. I'm sorry.

#158 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

Yeah. Now I feel like a secondhand creep for listening. I'm sorry.

No, no, that's okay. You're not creepy for it.

It's just like. I'm just a random dude on the internet at the end of the day.

But he talked about me /THAT/ much? I'm a bit creeped out, not gonna lie. But you know, not at you.

#159 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

I was making my own neopets news letter but I stopped because it seemed pointless.

Oh boy, I remember those. It was an interesting idea at least.

#160 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:55 PM

Oh boy, I remember those. It was an interesting idea at least.

It was, but neopets is just so dead, you know?

I'm tempted to do it for flight rising here, but my muse for it is dead.

#161 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

For sure. And it's a lot of effort for honestly pretty uninteresting news. JumpStart hasn't done anything much in a while as far as I've seen.

#162 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

I for one would love to hear any ideas you guys might like to bring aboard here at Codex, you two seem quite creative.

@Aria and @Generic

#163 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

I for one would love to hear any ideas you guys might like to bring aboard here at Codex, you two seem quite creative.

@Aria and @Generic

Creativity is really the only thing I'm good at :p

I do have some ideas from ZB that I'd like to do here, but I haven't gone about it yet.

I did talk to Romy about the league a while back and that made a comeback, so hopefully other ideas will too.

For sure. And it's a lot of effort for honestly pretty uninteresting news. JumpStart hasn't done anything much in a while as far as I've seen.

It was mostly just bad item art, and bad pet colors at the time I was doing it. there wasn't anything good to report. It was hard to work with as a result.

#164 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

@Aria and @Generic

I'll definitely try to think of some new ideas or ways to contribute to the site, just been trying to find my way around and figure out exactly what you guys already have here :p

I agree with Aria I'd like to see the league come back. Though I can understand that it can easily become inactive as well.

#165 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

Creativity is really the only thing I'm good at :p
I do have some ideas from ZB that I'd like to do here, but I haven't gone about it yet.
I did talk to Romy about the league a while back and that made a comeback, so hopefully other ideas will too.

It was mostly just bad item art, and bad pet colors at the time I was doing it. there wasn't anything good to report. It was hard to work with as a result.

In regards to a FR newsletter style thing, at least they put out fairly regular and half decent updates, not to mention the regular registration periods and monthly festivals. Its better than what Neo has to offer right now anyway.

We used to have an e-zine team a few years back who used to do things like what you wanted to do. Maybe we can look into a revival if we can come up with enough content to make something worthwhile doing?

#166 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

@Aria I really hope to see more from you. It's been a pleasure to see you post more and get to know you. :) 

#167 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

@Aria I really hope to see more from you. It's been a pleasure to see you post more and get to know you. :)

Thank you, if I get in private, I'll start seeing if there's interests in the contests I want to hold, and the ideas I want to do.

#168 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:28 PM

we're pretty much all assholes

#169 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

we're pretty much all assholes

I hear that a lot, but no one's really been an asshole to me (yet) and I've been here since 2010 :p

#170 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

I hear that a lot, but no one's really been an asshole to me (yet) and I've been here since 2010 :p

Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't make it not true.

#171 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't make it not true.

I can't really argue with that :p

#172 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:50 PM

@Aria i like u

#173 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

@Aria i like u