• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#1 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:24 AM

• when did you first discover eurovision?
  • what are your favourite songs from the contest?
  • will you tune in for this year's contest?

eurovision is like my favourite show EVER. it has everything that a homosexual like me needs- pop music, glitter, wind machines, cheesy lyrics, pyrotechnics, costume changes and so. much. more. i first started watching eurovision after i stumbled upon a video of a famous russian singer dima bilan performing his eurovision-winning song on youtube. since then, i've fallen in love... i have many favourite songs but my ultimate favourite is hands down "rise like a phoenix" by conchita wurst. it's such an inspiring song and her voice is soooo good dayyum.

this year, the annual gay parade disguised as a song contest will be held in stockholm, sweden, on saturday, 14th may (grand final). last year they broadcast the festivity live in youtube. i'll definitely tune in if they do the same this year, even if that means sacrificing my beauty sleep from 2am to 5am on sunday morning.

all songs from 42 countries were already submitted and you can listen to them in eurovision official youtube channel here.

#2 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:11 AM

The Boy and I throw a party every year, there's fancy dress and a drinking game and too much food. Everyone is horribly drunk by about song 5.

I definitely did a topic on here one year and gave my thoughts on every song.

#3 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

Discovered this song contest when i was watching sense8, in one chapter, Wolfgang (Max riemelt) was attemping to crack a safety box and to be relaxed, he was watching eurovision song contest. Googled it, found conchita wurst and now i love this contets :) 

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

The Boy and I throw a party every year, there's fancy dress and a drinking game and too much food. Everyone is horribly drunk by about song 5.

I definitely did a topic on here one year and gave my thoughts on every song.

sounds fun! when did you guys start making such parties? :p i feel like i'm the only one in this part of the world watching eurovision. it's a shame really... everyone should watch it, goddammit!

i remember that thread. it was epic. :lol2: have you listened to all the songs yet or are you waiting for the 14th to listen to them all for the first time?

Discovered this song contest when i was watching sense8, in one chapter, Wolfgang (Max riemelt) was attemping to crack a safety box and to be relaxed, he was watching eurovision song contest. Googled it, found conchita wurst and now i love this contets :)

you should tune in! i have a feeling you'll like what russia sends this year. :p

#5 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

you should tune in! i have a feeling you'll like what russia sends this year. :p

Sergey lazarev ? mmm its fine. not so good, but acceptable. 

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:25 AM

Sergey lazarev ? mmm its fine. not so good, but acceptable. 

what? you're not impressed? lol awks. :lol2: he's the hot favourite to win this year... emphasis on HOT. the song is a little outdated but i really like it. :heart:

#7 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:26 AM

what? you're not impressed? lol awks. :lol2: he's the hot favourite to win this year... emphasis on HOT. the song is a little outdated but i really like it. :heart:

he needs to grow a beard to win. a nice one ! 

#8 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

I've known Eurovision since ever, although I never really cared about it. Eurovision used to be huge in Portugal, when we actually made good music. But with the shitty and cringe-worthy songs/singers we've had in the last decade(s) it became something everyone jokes and laughs about. So much that the tv channel that always transmitted and holded (?) the contest decided to not do it this year, thus removing us from the competition, which -to be completely honest- it's a blessing.

#9 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:38 AM

When we made Eurovision 2014 be an 18 page topic. From that stream of consciousness rambling, I suspect I was drunk by 8pm that year. I'm predicting at 2016 thread....Rereading that is hilarious, it's the ramblings of lunatics.

sounds fun! when did you guys start making such parties? :p i feel like i'm the only one in this part of the world watching eurovision. it's a shame really... everyone should watch it, goddammit!

i remember that thread. it was epic. :lol2: have you listened to all the songs yet or are you waiting for the 14th to listen to them all for the first time?

I think 7 years now? Fairly sure the first one was before we got married, so 2009. Too long, anyway! Haha, I never ever hear them before. Save it for the night so you can revel in the ridiculousness. Also, it has taken me until rereading the 2014 thread to realise that you were Stuck. 

#10 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:50 PM

I've known Eurovision since ever, although I never really cared about it. Eurovision used to be huge in Portugal, when we actually made good music. But with the shitty and cringe-worthy songs/singers we've had in the last decade(s) it became something everyone jokes and laughs about. So much that the tv channel that always transmitted and holded (?) the contest decided to not do it this year, thus removing us from the competition, which -to be completely honest- it's a blessing.

portugal hasn't won the contest yet right? i think the only song that i love from your country in recent years is from eurovision 2010... it's a very nice portuguese ballad. the rest sounds good too but they don't really stand out for me. portugal needs to embrace the eurovision spirit and send a bearded man in a dress next time if it wants to do well. :/

i read somewhere that portugal hates sweden? everytime the contest is held in sweden, portugal will withdraw. any idea why is that? :lol2:

When we made Eurovision 2014 be an 18 page topic. From that stream of consciousness rambling, I suspect I was drunk by 8pm that year. I'm predicting at 2016 thread....Rereading that is hilarious, it's the ramblings of lunatics.

I think 7 years now? Fairly sure the first one was before we got married, so 2009. Too long, anyway! Haha, I never ever hear them before. Save it for the night so you can revel in the ridiculousness. Also, it has taken me until rereading the 2014 thread to realise that you were Stuck. 

lol that thread is bonkers! what do you think of eurovision 2015? i think eurovision 2014 has a slight edge over eurovision 2015 because of the rather unexpected winner, better hosts, crazier performances (poland yassss!) and that big ass impressive stage. the voting segment of eurovision 2015 tho... damn! russia and sweden were neck to neck to snatch the trophy! it was so entertaining to watch. i'm still kinda mad that russia didn't win, tbh.

were you drunker in in eurovision 2014 or eurovision 2015? :p

yep, i've metamorphosed into fikri w00t.

promo for eurovision 2016 :heart:

#11 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

portugal hasn't won the contest yet right? i think the only song that i love from your country in recent years is from eurovision 2010... it's a very nice portuguese ballad. the rest sounds good too but they don't really stand out for me. portugal needs to embrace the eurovision spirit and send a bearded man in a dress next time if it wants to do well. :/

i read somewhere that portugal hates sweden? everytime the contest is held in sweden, portugal will withdraw. any idea why is that? :lol2:

We never won because all songs we take to Eurovision SUCKS. It's like "yeah, let's pick the WORST song of this year". I don't know why, maybe it's our way of torture Europe :lol2:

About the Portugal-Sweden rivalry... it's most likely because Sweden looks like a limp dick and publicly bullied us several times while broadcasting worldwide of, of course, football. :rolleyes:

#12 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

source: http://www.eurovisio...e_united_states

Eurovision 2016 to be broadcast in the United States

Geneva, Switzerland - The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) is pleased to announce that it has signed a deal to broadcast the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final live in the United States for the first time! Logo, part of Viacom’s Music & Entertainment Group including VH1, MTV and Comedy Central, will air the Grand Final of the 61st Eurovision Song Contest live on Saturday 14th May at 1500 EST.

Logo, the United States’ lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) cable network, is available in nearly 50 million homes.

The Grand Final will also be streamed exclusively in the U.S. on LogoTV.com and the LogoTV mobile app.

“We are thrilled that the world’s biggest entertainment show is being broadcast live in one of the biggest TV markets for the very first time,” said Eurovision Song Contest Executive Supervisor Jon Ola Sand.

“The Eurovision Song Contest is now a truly global phenomenon and we are extremely happy that U.S viewers now get to join those all over Europe, Australia and Asia in experiencing the Grand Final of world’s longest running annual TV music competition on May 14,” he added.

with this latest development i bet the viewers will exceed 200mil this year for the first time. so awesome. :wub:

rehearsals are currently underway in stockholm. 9 countries already did their first rehearsals and i already seen some wacky performances! :lol2:

#13 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Really hope those US channels will stream the same to Canada. I always have to watch it in bits and pieces on youtube afterward. I've never been able to find it on TV :(

#14 fatecero

fatecero
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

I've heard about eurovision for years but only started tuning in last year (watched the entire semifinals and finals). I'm really glad I did, because while a lot of songs are fairly generic and meh, I still listen to some occasionally. Grande Amore was my favorite last year.

#15 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

I've heard about eurovision for years but only started tuning in last year (watched the entire semifinals and finals). I'm really glad I did, because while a lot of songs are fairly generic and meh, I still listen to some occasionally. Grande Amore was my favorite last year.

are you from the US? i agree that the songs are generic because they're mainly pop music, but i think this year is a bit different because there is more variety. :)

grande amore was very popular! it was revealed after the show that the italian trio won the televoting but after tallying with the jury votes, sweden came on top (italy was 5th for the juries, i think). i hope this year the winner of the televoting will also be the winner of eurovision. otherwise, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (and ears).

#16 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

actually the first time i ever watched it was the year when dima won :)

and the year after, guy from norway named alexander rybak won with his song 'fairytale' ahhh still gives me goosebumps i love that song

#17 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

justin timberlake will perform as an interval act in the grand final this saturday. this is the first time an american celebrity will perform on the eurovision stage. it will be exciting! inb4 is he still relevant

tonight (or tomorrow morning for me) the first semi-final will be held and it will be live-streamed in eurovision song contest official youtube. 18 countries will perform and in the end of the show, 10 countries will advance.

my prediction of which countries will advance: russia, armenia, azerbaijan, malta, cyprus, greece, netherlands, czech republic, croatia and iceland. :heart:

#18 iiinvisible

iiinvisible
  • 15 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

when did you first discover eurovision?
- i'm from sweden, so we pretty much get eurovision with our mothers milk~~~ :p

what are your favourite songs from the contest?
- in like ever? Eep, hard question.. But I really liked the Norwegian one from a couple of years ago: i feed you my love ... Epic song!!!

will you tune in for this year's contest?
- ofc i will~~~!! ;D

#19 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

@iiinvisible have you listened to sweden's entry this year? what do you think of it? the song is nice but it is so... not eurovision. :lol2: i'm not sure if i want it to win.

the grand final line-up is finally complete after semi-final 2 yesterday and semi-final 1 the other day. i'm rooting for russia or australia to win. :x3:

#20 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:20 AM

been too busy to watch eurovision this year but wow russia is actually pretty cool i love all the effects they did on that screen and the guy is pretty hot  :wub:

australia is eh its okay not really something you remember

#21 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:37 AM

been too busy to watch eurovision this year but wow russia is actually pretty cool i love all the effects they did on that screen and the guy is pretty hot :wub:
australia is eh its okay not really something you remember

I SAW HIM FIRST! jk. but yeah, he's gorgeous isn't he? :wub: there's a footage of him slipping from the screen during the rehearsals and when i saw that i was like, "NOOOO!!1!" thankfully he turned out ok. he's such a pro.

what? you don't remember that hologram, those gorgeous cheekbones and that soaring vocals? guurrrlll.

preview of what to expect this weekend...

#22 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:48 AM

I SAW HIM FIRST! jk. but yeah, he's gorgeous isn't he? :wub: there's a footage of him slipping from the screen during the rehearsals and when i saw that i was like, "NOOOO!!1!" thankfully he turned out ok. he's such a pro.

what? you don't remember that hologram, those gorgeous cheekbones and that soaring vocals? guurrrlll.

preview of what to expect this weekend...

Spoiler

i kind of thought the hologram was a little out of place not too sure where they were going with that

Edited by cute, 13 May 2016 - 03:48 AM.

#23 iiinvisible

iiinvisible
  • 15 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:49 AM

@Fikri - well, i don't like sweden's song this year, but that's no surprise.. it's seldom i like the songs we send.. :p

yeah, australia is good enough :)

i kinda like belarus ;)

bulgaria is okay enough too

estonia has a cool voice, but a boring song

like the sound of georgia.. but then i love rock!!!

wow italy in italian, me like~~ i like when they sing in their original languages :)

netherlands is just too cute!!!

#24 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:23 AM

Spoiler

i kind of thought the hologram was a little out of place not too sure where they were going with that

*ovaries exploding*

oh yeah, now that i've watched the performance again, she did missed some of her cues. hopefully australia will step it up this saturday. part of why i wanna see them winning is because i wanna see the reactions of europe losing to a country on the other side of the world. that will be hilarious. :lol2:

@Fikri - well, i don't like sweden's song this year, but that's no surprise.. it's seldom i like the songs we send.. :p

yeah, australia is good enough :)

i kinda like belarus ;)

bulgaria is okay enough too

estonia has a cool voice, but a boring song

like the sound of georgia.. but then i love rock!!!

wow italy in italian, me like~~ i like when they sing in their original languages :)

netherlands is just too cute!!!

not even "euphoria" and "heroes"? :p apparently sweden's song already charted in many countries so a top 10 placing is secured for sweden i think.

belarus and estonia were great last night! but they won't be in saturday's grand final. so robbed. i wanna see ivan's naked ass and juri's cheesy card trick again. :( oh, italy always sends songs in italian since they came back in 2011 but this time if you notice the second verse was actually sung in english. :)

#25 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:27 AM

Gearing up for our party. I drew Spain in our sweepstake and part of the rules of the party is you have to dress up in some way and bring related food/drink with you, so I've spent a lot of the morning putting final touches to a flamenco dress and making tapas.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users