• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:44 PM

the laptop i'm using right now has a broken hinge since 2 years ago after my nephew decided it is a good idea to throw my laptop around while i was asleep. the laptop still can  function properly but everytime i wanna use it i have to prop up the screen against a book holder or something. i already brought my laptop to get it fixed but the guy from the computer shop told me that the components like the tiny scews and whatnot are hard to come by. he suggested that i just buy a new laptop. being a cheapskate that i am, i decided not to and just continue using it... besides, this laptop has a lot of fond memories. :(

my smartphone's cover need to be replaced too... it was given for free when i bought my smartphone but the material isn't very durable and right now it looks so hideous with the edges already coming apart. but it's a blessing in disguise because it acts a deterrent from my family members and i can put all sorts of dirty pics in my phones without worrying they will find them. :lol2:

#2 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

My computer's speakers are literally 11 years old, I have to carefully adjust the volume for sound to come out on both speakers and If my cat or an object nudges the knob even a little bit, I'd have to fiddle with it again. 

#3 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:02 PM

So when we moved from AK, we threw out a lot of junk which was great. But we also threw out our table. So we haven't had a table in over a year. We have those ugly, plastic folding ones you'd use if you had guests. But no actual table. >.> We finally agree we're going to at least buy a small, nice coffee table since our apartment is too small for a full blown table.

I've got three burnt out bulbs. Been out for like six months+.

I haven't replaced the batteries in my air freshner things in ages.

My glass phone screen protector has been cracked and chipped for ages because Cooper will gnaw on it while it's in my hands. ._.

I haven't a proper fitting pair of pants in like a year.

There are so many things I am either too lazy/poor to replace. xD Pretty much I'll make shit work for us until it's dead. ded.

#4 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:20 AM

My keyboard sucks. It looks awesome with the backlighting and stuff, but truly sucks. Been thinking about buying a mechanical keyboard, but here in Argentina they charge you double the price for everything that isn't made here so it is extremely expensive, around 200 usd

#5 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:02 AM

I really need to replace the lights in my living room. The whole fixtures, really. Whatever drunken home electrician put them in did a terrible job and they pop bulbs weekly. And they're awfully situated, even when working they don't illuminate the whole room. I need to do that at some point, it's been like 3 years since I moved in ha ha...

#6 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:17 AM

Dropped my phone, and the glass smashed. Still functional, but the home key is falling out, and there's just cracks all over the screen :(

#7 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:32 AM

I've been needing to buy new shoes for a while but I keep putting them off. It doesn't matter to me if my shoes look old and beat up, all I do is walk in them anyway. But my entire family seems to have a huge issue with my shoes because they're shoe freaks. I don't wear shoes for fashion, I wear them to cover my feet. So as long as they continue to a do a good job of that I continue to wear the shoes. 

#8 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:49 AM

I do need to replace my bedsheets on my bed. XD

But seriously, one thing I do need to replace is my VAIO laptop. I need to upgrade to a laptop that has a fast processor for the programs I run on it, and my old VAIO isn't cutting it. Unfortunately, my dad's policy is "If you can still turn it on, it still works." So that ain't happening soon.

(BTW, he got himself a new laptop because he needed to upgrade. Oh the hypocrisy...)

#9 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:54 AM

I've been wearing the same broken ass shoes since late 2010/early 2011. I paid $90 for them back then, and I'm going to get my freaking money's worth! I think this weekend I'm going to do some clothes / shoe shopping. I want new clothes, and fresh kicks because I'm going on leave to Austin, TX for Dreamhack.

#10 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

My baby...

Spoiler

We have a love hate relationship going on :p I've only just recently got her back up and running due to battery problems after the crash, had to bump start her every time I wanted to go out on it. But a new battery, some fly leads to keep her charged over night and we all good :D Still can be a bit unreliable but so far everything seems okay.

I do have my eye on a Suzuki Gladius for the next bike tho, probably next year or the year after. I took my training on one and fell in love instantly, it's super reliable which is what I need, and it's sexy af.

Spoiler

#11 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

tampons

#12 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:29 AM

My toothbrush. Apparently, with an electric one. Blah, expensive.

Also, my phone. Stupid built-to-break-bricks. I even have the phone I'm supposed to replace with with, but it's huge. I hate that they now have to be HUGE just to run. I don't need another tablet guys. BLEH.

#13 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

My toothbrush. Apparently, with an electric one. Blah, expensive.

Also, my phone. Stupid built-to-break-bricks. I even have the phone I'm supposed to replace with with, but it's huge. I hate that they now have to be HUGE just to run. I don't need another tablet guys. BLEH.

you should look into the iphone SE (4 inch screen) or the sony z5c (4.6 inch screen)

#14 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

you should look into the iphone SE (4 inch screen) or the sony z5c (4.6 inch screen)

I'm specifically avoiding iPhones. :/ I went from Treos to Androids and haven't ever considered iPhones. Out of my price range, for one, especially for how often they need to be replaced. Everyone I know that's had one has replaced/fixed it while I've known them. And I'm in grad school, so some people I only know for a semester.

The one I'm supposed to migrate into is a Galaxy S4 ( think). Big sucker.

I'll look into that Sony. From the image it looks nice and solid. (Time for research!)

Sigh. I miss my Treo. I slammed that sucker in the door of an armored car and it still worked. Cracked the touchscreen bad though, so in the end I had to get another one.

Edited by FelisNoctua, 29 April 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#15 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

I got my laptop in '08 (still works fine, good piece of machine-asus n80vn), but it can't run photoshop or lightroom which I would really like to be able to use, since I'm doing my photo editing on my phone, and I can only work in jpg, not raw, which is very limiting. But I'm trying to save up to move back to the city, so idk.

#16 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

Right now we need to change the batteries in our candles but hey.. We got lamps we good lol

#17 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

My cellphone. The glass is shred and the usb plug is broken so basically my brother, who owns the same cellphone has me has to recharge the battery for me   :lol2:

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

My phone. It's old already, slow, full of stuff (it doesn't have a memory card entry). And, of course, the screen is completely cracked. The touchscreen works perfectly, but it's hard to read stuff :p

#19 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

My life

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:27 PM

My life

too real

#21 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:14 PM

This reminds me of my wallet, which was getting ragged after years of daily use to the point that coins would often drop out from the coins compartment to the notes compartment cos of the hole at the bottom of the coins part.

I recently changed it though, because my mom got me a new wallet for my birthday. xD

Also ended up changing phone only when it got too laggy and beat up, and I changed it only after having received my Dad's old phone (he had received a new one as part of a business phone plan thing). And even so, I procrastinated changing it for a while hahahah.

And so on, and so on -- the most recent example I noticed, is that I finally have handsoap in my toilet. Someone must have noticed the old hand soap container, left empty for like at least a month plus, and given me a new one. ><

#22 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Right now we need to change the batteries in our candles but hey.. We got lamps we good lol

your candles use batteries? :o

#23 iiinvisible

iiinvisible
  • 15 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

I currently don't own a computer, it's broken, and i'm on my mobile phone all the time.. But i should really get myself a new computer and phone before it's too late and i'm sitting here with neither.. :p

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:50 PM

If you remember the great suicidal laptop incident of '14... I never replaced it. It's gotten to the point where the keyboard doesn't work, it won't shut properly, and the speakers are 50/50. It lags something fierce. 

My cell phone case is torn and I basically just hold it on with my hand when I carry it around. I dunno what the point of even having it is actually, cause I lose it fairly often. My phone itself will only charge if it's at a certain angle. 

My fridge seal was replaced a few years ago before I got it and they're like transmission filters. Just don't touch them after a certain point. It makes it worse. 

My washing machine will only work if it's above 53F because it's a picky shit.

My car needs a lot of extra love and handholding and the only person who will willingly drive it besides me is my mother. 

My life is obviously falling apart, but barely working is still working.

#25 Mattwilliams08

Mattwilliams08
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

Umm well i'd say my wife but i dumped her ass.  No need to replace a failure with a failure.  So let's say my car/truck......... old af. But im not materialistic and i'd never replace it unless it quit for good

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users