• No.
  • I don't see the point.

#27 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

I never do. The only people I ever want to hide from are on staff and they can see me anyway.

#28 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

I don't use it. I'm fine with people knowing I'm online, and as a staff member, at least in my mind it's good for people to know I'm online and there for them if they need me. 

#29 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

I think at one point I was browsing the Oral Sex thread from years ago and you managed to take a screenshot of me doing it... You stalker  :lol2:

Ok that's. Something.

O master fikri, teach me your ways~ xO

#30 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

I think at one point I was browsing the Oral Sex thread from years ago and you managed to take a screenshot of me doing it... You stalker  :lol2:

yep, guilty. :rolleyes:

idk what is more surprising... you browsing that thread or neocodex having that thread in the first place. :lol2:

#31 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:47 AM

yep, guilty. :rolleyes:

idk what is more surprising... you browsing that thread or neocodex having that thread in the first place. :lol2:

Codex used to be more fun.

#32 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:49 AM

Codex: XXX Live?

#33 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:16 AM

I think we didn't really have much concept of any topics being inappropriate for a fair while. There wasn't that much of an age range in our users. We started being a bit more conscious as we all grew up, and got replaced by younger members...

#34 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:29 AM

I think we didn't really have much concept of any topics being inappropriate for a fair while. There wasn't that much of an age range in our users. We started being a bit more conscious as we all grew up, and got replaced by younger members...

That makes sense! I suppose everyone must have started like, 15-18 or so, when this incarnation of the forums first started. That gives that generation of people quite a few years till everyone graduates and gets careers and families etc I suppose.

#35 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:09 AM

I don't use it. I'm fine with people knowing I'm online, and as a staff member, at least in my mind it's good for people to know I'm online and there for them if they need me. 

I do appreciate that. Think it's nice to see when staff is online.

I don't use it since I like to see who's online so it only makes sense that I don't hide either.

#36 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:10 AM

I don't use it since I don't see a point but I don't see anything wrong with lurking either.  :rolleyes:

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:22 AM

That makes sense! I suppose everyone must have started like, 15-18 or so, when this incarnation of the forums first started. That gives that generation of people quite a few years till everyone graduates and gets careers and families etc I suppose.

Nah it was younger. Average age was around 13/14 in 2004.

#38 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:52 AM

I reckon a couple of years older...Matt, Robert and I would have all been 15, Kim would have been 16, Hydro, Noit and RDD were all older than us. MB1 was 16/17. Think LightSaber was older than me. Think Xeno, Frosty, Brandon and Cody would have all been 15? Oh nostalgia.

#39 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:23 AM

Codexxx: Live

And I've never used it

#40 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

I reckon a couple of years older...Matt, Robert and I would have all been 15, Kim would have been 16, Hydro, Noit and RDD were all older than us. MB1 was 16/17. Think LightSaber was older than me. Think Xeno, Frosty, Brandon and Cody would have all been 15? Oh nostalgia.

That sounds about right, I don't think the average age was as low as 13/14 on any of the forums from what I recall.

#41 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

That sounds about right, I don't think the average age was as low as 13/14 on any of the forums from what I recall.

And you've obviously always been as old as Methuselah.

#42 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

And you've obviously always been as old as Methuselah.

I guess the average could have been 13/14 actually, I skew the bell curve significantly to the right. :(

#43 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

I guess the average could have been 13/14 actually, I skew the bell curve significantly to the right. :(

I never really remember you from the long long ago anyway.

#44 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

I use it so people don't stalk and criticize me only being in the personal messenger.

#45 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

Codexxx: Live

And I've never used it

Haha, thought of that too actually. First thought after I typed my post was, hey "Codex" ends with an 'x' like "XXX".

That's pretty interesting. I recall I was active on an online forums at that age already huh. In fact, in that year. Interesting. Though it might or might not have worked out if I had discovered Codex instead of the other bunch of (completely non Neopets related) forums then.

#46 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

I never really remember you from the long long ago anyway.

I registered a bit late to join the club (September while you lot were mainly April peeps) and then I was persona non grata for a while due to events, then university so you weren't really blessed with my presence until probably 2006/7. My profile comments were colonised soon after that.

#47 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

I registered a bit late to join the club (September while you lot were mainly April peeps) and then I was persona non grata for a while due to events, then university so you weren't really blessed with my presence until probably 2006/7. My profile comments were colonised soon after that.

Was the club that narrow? You had to be in by April or we shunned you? :p Ha. I'd forgotten about the persona non grata sitch.

#48 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:28 AM

Was the club that narrow? You had to be in by April or we shunned you? :p Ha. I'd forgotten about the persona non grata sitch.

Yup, so very cliquey, it was the same year as Mean Girls came out so clearly that had an influence. :p I was a leper for a while until I charmed my way in. :rolleyes:

#49 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Yup, so very cliquey, it was the same year as Mean Girls came out so clearly that had an influence. :p I was a leper for a while until I charmed my way in. :rolleyes:

Michie joined way after you, and I let her be my friend.

#50 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:21 AM

No one's fully anonymous to me MUHAHAHAHA (except @Pyro699 that sneaky bastard)

When Hyrdogen did a security patch of the forum - it overwrote a bunch of areas that i edited. So i am a little more visible now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users