totm

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

Michie joined way after you, and I let her be my friend.

She had fewer barriers to entry though on account of her being much less irritating than I am. :p

#52 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

She had fewer barriers to entry though on account of her being much less irritating than I am. :p

True dat. My original northern friend. Sigh.

#53 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:52 AM

True dat. My original northern friend. Sigh.

You really downgraded from there, lucky you upgraded again recently. :( Good egg that one, wonder what she's up to now.

#54 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

You really downgraded from there, lucky you upgraded again recently. :( Good egg that one, wonder what she's up to now.

MI Analyst at a financial services company.

#55 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

MI Analyst at a financial services company.

I guess that makes sense with the maths background, probably a bit dull though.

I'm logged in anonymously while posting this so it's definitely not off-topic.

#56 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

I guess that makes sense with the maths background, probably a bit dull though.

I'm logged in anonymously while posting this so it's definitely not off-topic.

Ditto. If people don't want things to go off-topic, they should post more.

#57 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

That sounds about right, I don't think the average age was as low as 13/14 on any of the forums from what I recall.

Frosty and xeno was definitely younger than me, dunno if they were active members though.

There was also orange who was 12 I think, and that random Australian dude who loved CS. Can't remember his name though, but he was like 10/11.

#58 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

Frosty and xeno was definitely younger than me, dunno if they were active members though.

There was also orange who was 12 I think, and that random Australian dude who loved CS. Can't remember his name though, but he was like 10/11.

Really?! I thought Frosty/Xeno were the same age as me...

Orange and Euphoria were both young, and so was Morningstar/Xbullet/Stephen.

#59 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Xbullet was the one I was thinking off. All I remember is Josh and Mike were one year below me at school, so born in 1991.

#60 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

Luckily @Frosty and @XenoCyde have their birthdays on their profiles, August 8, 1989 and February 18, 1990 respectively. :p

#61 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

Xbullet was the one I was thinking off. All I remember is Josh and Mike were one year below me at school, so born in 1991.

Nope, Mike is my year, Josh is yours.

Luckily @Frosty and @XenoCyde have their birthdays on their profiles, August 8, 1989 and February 18, 1990 respectively. :p

DAMN YOU TO HELL WITH YOUR SPEED.

#62 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

DAMN YOU TO HELL WITH YOUR SPEED.

Muahaha! I'm still siding with 13/14 being too low an average.

#63 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

Hmm interesting, didn't realise I was such a pup. Oh well, you'll all die before me. Maybe 14/15 is the right age?

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

Got to say I didn't realise Stephen was so young, legally he shouldn't have been allowed on until his 13th birthday. :p

#65 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:49 PM

Got to say I didn't realise Stephen was so young, legally he shouldn't have been allowed on until his 13th birthday. :p

Not convinced we had COPPA stuff in place at the beginning...? Fairly sure TheWu wasn't 13 when he was an Admin. ;) Euph was definitely too young as well.

#66 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Not convinced we had COPPA stuff in place at the beginning...?

COPPA started in 2000 (allegedly) so technically we should have had it in place, we weren't exactly ones for following the law to the letter though. :rolleyes: We try to do a bit better now on account of being legally incorporated these days so we'll suspend people if we find out that they're underage but we aren't legal experts so there's always going to be things we're just simply ignorant of.

#67 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

COPPA started in 2000 (allegedly) so technically we should have had it in place, we weren't exactly ones for following the law to the letter though. :rolleyes: We try to do a bit better now on account of being legally incorporated these days so we'll suspend people if we find out that they're underage but we aren't legal experts so there's always going to be things we're just simply ignorant of.

We'll just have to make sure everyone has two forms of photo ID they can show us when they join. 

#68 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

I have a feeling we didn't really pay attention to it for the first couple of years..

#69 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

I have a feeling we didn't really pay attention to it for the first couple of years..

Well we did have some pretty shoddy admins around in those days. ;) I think it's something we've been guilty of for more than just the first couple of years though, we've never really had any consideration of certain legal aspects mainly because the forum was essentially a load of kids being supervised by a smaller group of kids. :p Like bloody Neverland around here in the early days.

#70 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

I was always anonymous until I became a mod and Kate told me being anonymous all the time wasn't the best idea. I should really go back :p.

#71 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:34 PM

Accidentally logged in once on anon and I haven't again? maybe I should... but I don't really care if any of you know when I'm on here or what I'm doing.

It usually does it to me if i log on through my mobile browser though but I don't often do that since I can never remember my codex password...

#72 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:12 PM

It's the top option on my browser when I type "neoc". When I type "redd" it always gives me the engineering subreddit. When I type "mess" it goes to the messenger.com page for my fb chat with @Padme.

These only apply on my personal PC. Infrequently at work I'll be viewing community index. I'm just on to see if I got any notifications. xD

And when you type in face you're always linked to my facebook profile, because you be stalking me @shrouded

#73 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

Really?! I thought Frosty/Xeno were the same age as me...

Orange and Euphoria were both young, and so was Morningstar/Xbullet/Stephen.

I joined when I was 10. I remember Razer, Raui, Euphoria, Eric, Orange, Cara, and quite a few others being a similarish (maybe 1-2 year gap?) age. 

In light of the fact I'll be 23 years old in only a few months now, it's actually pretty crazy really...

(... slight bump! :D)

#74 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

I joined when I was 10. I remember Razer, Raui, Euphoria, Eric, Orange, Cara, and quite a few others being a similarish (maybe 1-2 year gap?) age.

In light of the fact I'll be 23 years old in only a few months now, it's actually pretty crazy really...

(... slight bump! :D)

Was Raui super young?? I know you, Orange, Razer and Euph were. Eric and Cara are both from a later time in my mind (in reality it was probably a few months but spring/summer 2004 seemed to last a really long time!) so although I know they're younger than me, they never seem AS young.

Also, why do I still remember that you were originally morningstaR? And Orange's name was Amanda. And Razer trying to run the ezine about 3 times. Whhyyy? This is taking up such valuable room in my head.

#75 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:36 AM

Hahah all the names I forgot seeing around popping up. What great memories!

I used to use anon login all the time...got out of the forum scene for a while so when I came back I didn't much care to login anonymously again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users