Photo

Question about the safety of free proxies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 princesspeach

princesspeach
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hi - I posted this on the proxy guide but haven't gotten a response.

I am new to using proxies and have a question. I am only considering using a proxy from HMA to log in to neopets. Is there any risk in using a proxy to my overall computer/network security? Basically, am I putting any of my other personal information outside of neopets at risk here? 

Also - does anyone use shells from their regular IP and not get iced?

#2 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:10 AM

I've never used proxies myself so someone will probably help you with that.

But what I know is, I've seen more people being iced for use of "bad" proxies than having a bunch of accounts under the same IP - to be honest, I don't think people get iced for multiple accounts under the same IP, the same household can have more than one player - there's a long  history of  entire families playing and TNT has been always aware of that; not to mention schools, cafés, etc.. The problem is if one accounts is iced, most probably the others under that IP will be lost too.

I, like many other folks around here, use a considerable number of accounts using the same IP, and have been doing it for years, and never had a problem with it.

#3 princesspeach

princesspeach
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

I've never used proxies myself so someone will probably help you with that.

But what I know is, I've seen more people being iced for use of "bad" proxies than having a bunch of accounts under the same IP - to be honest, I don't think people get iced for multiple accounts under the same IP, the same household can have more than one player - there's a long  history of  entire families playing and TNT has been always aware of that; not to mention schools, cafés, etc.. The problem is if one accounts is iced, most probably the others under that IP will be lost too.

I, like many other folks around here, use a considerable number of accounts using the same IP, and have been doing it for years, and never had a problem with it.

Thank you-  that is helpful to hear :) 

#4 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:21 AM

Using a proxy is fine and you shouldn't have any problems with computer and/or network security. I'd say avoid Transparent proxies because those suck and may get your main exposed if you do get caught on your shells. Since you're using HMA make sure you don't use those with "Low" security and you'll be fine

#5 princesspeach

princesspeach
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

Using a proxy is fine and you shouldn't have any problems with computer and/or network security. I'd say avoid Transparent proxies because those suck and may get your main exposed if you do get caught on your shells. Since you're using HMA make sure you don't use those with "Low" security and you'll be fine

Thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users