Quantcast

Photo

What is the most petty thing you have ever done?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

I usually eat all the stuff my sister tries to hide in the fridge, even when I'm not hungry, just because I hate people hiding food, I think is just too selfish! She's selfish and I'm petty.

Share yours!

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

When I was a kid I hid everyone's pencil boxes in the coatroom so they couldn't find them because I didn't like any of the other kids. They were always so mean to me. I'm having a hard time trying to remember anything else I've done recently that would be petty. I suppose I did call out my suite mate on yik yak for playing music really loud in the shower when it was 24 hour quiet hours for finals because I have social anxiety disorder and have panic attacks when I try and go confront someone. (And then I got ripped to shreds by everyone else on there. Didn't think bullies would still exist in college. Guess they never go away. *sigh*)

#3 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:48 PM

I like your topics @Copycat ! Interesting ones, great for discussion. :D

Also, ohh goosh. I remember when I was 8, until I was like 10 or something, I used to keep like a tiny notebook of tiny slights that people did to me that I totally could not forgive or something, with the idea of getting back on them some day. Thankfully I seemed to have stopped that after I was 10. ><

#4 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

Just remembered in high school I wrote and sent an anonymous letter to a guy I used to hate because he was always so loud, telling him he had bad breath (he didn't, though) so he would be self conscious.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

Also, ohh goosh. I remember when I was 8, until I was like 10 or something, I used to keep like a tiny notebook of tiny slights that people did to me that I totally could not forgive or something, with the idea of getting back on them some day. Thankfully I seemed to have stopped that after I was 10. ><

I still hold grudges from when I was 8 or younger. I don't let go of things that hurt me. I won't get back at you, most of the time, but I will forever be angry with you, possibly hate you, and glare at you whenever I see you or whenever your name is mentioned. 

#6 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

I still hold grudges from when I was 8 or younger. I don't let go of things that hurt me. I won't get back at you, most of the time, but I will forever be angry with you, possibly hate you, and glare at you whenever I see you or whenever your name is mentioned. 

I also hold grudges from when I was a child! I still intend to payback everyone, though. And lol @ the notebook, I never needed one because I would never forget the wrong you did to me!

Edited by Copycat, 01 May 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#7 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

Hating all people with the same name that have wronged me once, like, I immediately dislike everyone named Nancy.

#8 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

Hating all people with the same name that have wronged me once, like, I immediately dislike everyone named Nancy.

Ohh my god. When hating people, I still need to watch out for such a thing.

Like, if I feel someone has wronged me, even if logically they really haven't, and I haven't gotten over it yet, a reminder of the person including the same name can trigger out the same feelings and moods. And then I have to be like wait no no brain, this doesn't make sense don't do dis. D:

#9 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

When I miss someone and I'm about to go after them but I remember something bad they did to me (like 7 years ago) and I get mad again and don't want to talk to them ever again; till I forget it and miss them again.

fz9pis.jpg

#10 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

When I miss someone and I'm about to go after them but I remember something bad they did to me (like 7 years ago) and I get mad again and don't want to talk to them ever again; till I forget it and miss them again.

fz9pis.jpg

Why does everythin in this thread sound so familiar ;_;;

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

fz9pis.jpg

Dang normies REEEEE

neQwEgn.jpg

---------------------------------------------

I'm sure I've said it once here somewhere before, but in high school I was jealous of my friend for dating the girl I liked so I told the girl that my friend was cheating on her with a girl on Maplestory and it caused a huge rift between the entire friend group. People sided with the friend or sided with the girl.

I chose a third party and got the fuck outta there.

#12 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

I've done quite a few petty things.

I've grown out of it a lot.

I used to think it was better to be petty than to be vengeful.

I thought petty equated to serving revenge 'cold.'

I used to do petty things to my siblings ( we all did in my family) if one of us was in trouble we would rat out each other to try and take the onus off of us.

I rubbed it in someones face who attacked me that I got into the college they wanted to get accepted in.

I have taken days off work because my boss was/is a bitch to me and uses me. So I'd specifically say I couldn't work a day in my schedule so I could study more and then she didn't get the days off that she typically wanted.

I'm sure there is a lot more but I don't do that stuff at all anymore. Easier to just walk away and try my best to forget.

Edit:

I'll say that a lot of times I (maybe others too) used to and still would do something petty because instead of seeing someone as just being self interested I see them as being against me. A lot of times what people do has nothing to do with being against you it is just that is isn't in my favour. Everything revolves around the mentality of 'myself' and how if someone isn't thinking of us and benefitting us then they are against us? Maybe? I'm not 100% sure.

In the OP, it mentions hiding food. I've done that in my own fridge in the past because family members will eat all of something I bought that I planned on using; I wasn't opposed to sharing it they just needed to act. So in return, I started hiding my food or buying it if I could exactly when I would need it. Sometimes I will admit that it was selfish, I would want to make sure that I got as much of it as I wanted but usually I've always been more than happy to share with others. 

Edited by Padme, 01 May 2016 - 09:52 PM.

#13 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:55 AM

Complained about this thread being in the wrong section.

#14 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

I used to steal from people who bullied me as a way of secret revenge.

Wouldn't even be anything good, just whatever I could take to get even.

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:18 PM

Somedays I think about life and it feels like everything I've ever done is petty. 

#16 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

I used to steal from people who bullied me as a way of secret revenge.

Wouldn't even be anything good, just whatever I could take to get even.

You and I have the same bad habits. I still do that. 

I'm also the only one right now that seems to know how to run the household, so if someone pisses me off, I stop reminding them about things that they need to get done.

#17 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

threw someone's shoes into the garbage can cuz they tore my jacket

#18 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:31 AM

At work, I always offer food around whenever I can. I leave it in the communal space and tell people to help themselves, or sometimes I personally offer it to people I know haven't eaten. So, there's this one dude who never accepts the food I offer and at this point in time, it feels rude...on both sides. I can't help but feel it's rude of him and even worse, I'm starting to feel rude by offering when it only seems to be pestering him.

So now, on the rare occasion he leaves food in the communal space, my ultimate act of pettiness is to not eat any of it (at least not in front of him)

#19 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:36 AM

When I was like 13 and my brother was like 12 or something, He ate my bag of ranch chips and I woke up the next day and snapped at him

#20 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:39 AM

When I was like 13 and my brother was like 12 or something, He ate my bag of ranch chips and I woke up the next day and snapped at him

Loove, your most petty thing was...snapping at your brother when you were 12? For eating your food?

That...actually sounds fairly justified. xP

#21 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:20 AM

I'm highly allergic to most fragrances, including room sprays. When I was 12 or 13, my sister would spray those Bath and Body Works sprays (you know, the ones in the little metal cans?) in our room. Not just a spritz but 3 full seconds of spray. When I was in the room. Making me not be able to breathe, sneeze, and have watery eyes. So my best friend and I took all the cans and her precious stuffed rabbit that she's had since she was a baby. We sprayed all of the sprays out into the dumpsters in our condo complex and held the rabbit ransom until she apologized.

#22 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Loove, your most petty thing was...snapping at your brother when you were 12? For eating your food?

That...actually sounds fairly justified. xP

I still bring it up to this day :p ;)

#23 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

I made someone apologize.

#24 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

I made someone apologize.

You bitch.

#25 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

At work, I always offer food around whenever I can. I leave it in the communal space and tell people to help themselves, or sometimes I personally offer it to people I know haven't eaten. So, there's this one dude who never accepts the food I offer and at this point in time, it feels rude...on both sides. I can't help but feel it's rude of him and even worse, I'm starting to feel rude by offering when it only seems to be pestering him.

So now, on the rare occasion he leaves food in the communal space, my ultimate act of pettiness is to not eat any of it (at least not in front of him)

Office feeders are the worst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users