• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

throughout your entire time in neocodex, what is THE BEST thread that you've ever participated/experienced/read? it may be a thread that is helpful/funny, general/neopets-related, visible/hidden...

i actually have two favourites... the first one is the userbar contest winner thread because surprise, surprise... it's all about me lol. i worked so HARD on those multiple sets of designs and it's great knowing that i'm not completely useless when i really put my mind into something. whenever i'm down, i always search that thread and it will instantaneously cheer me up. :) i must say, kate really did a good job writing that OP.

my second favourite thread of all-time is an advanced+ nomination thread i made a long time ago... the particular nominee was a bit controversial and everyone whose name isn't fikri was reading them to filth. everything went fine and dandy until the actual nominee suddenly crashed the party and commented on that thread. all jaws dropped because they were not supposed to see the whole discussion. to this day i'm still not sure what caused that to happen but the whole situation was pure gold. the thread is hidden now and i'm kinda mad at myself for not making screenies of it.

p/s: i may or may not be salty while writing this up because all nine of my threads in the totm voting only yields a measly 2 votes...

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

"The Umaru Appreciation Thread".

#3 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

i second this

Also the "Have you ever committed a crime" 

#4 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

@Waser Lave, what was the thread where Joe picked apart every nonsense lie someone had told? (You always know what I'm chatting about and seem to have everything stashed, don't fail me)

Otherwise some suuuper old stuff that I'll dig out when I'm home from the office. Or, the bits that aren't in private/retired anyway.

#5 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:04 AM

i second this

Also the "Have you ever committed a crime" 

Now you guys are just making things up. There is no proof that either of those topics ever existed. 

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:04 AM

Now you guys are just making things up. There is no proof that either of those topics ever existed. 

Damn you! You're far too clever.

#7 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

i second this

Truly my crowning achievement. Thank you  :wub:

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

@Waser Lave, what was the thread where Joe picked apart every nonsense lie someone had told? (You always know what I'm chatting about and seem to have everything stashed, don't fail me)

Otherwise some suuuper old stuff that I'll dig out when I'm home from the office. Or, the bits that aren't in private/retired anyway.

http://www.neocodex....67984-yeah-phd/

I feel you, you're welcome. :p

#9 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

http://www.neocodex....67984-yeah-phd/

I feel you, you're welcome. :p

Considering a new game where I vaguely describe threads from the last 10 years and send you off to find them.

God, that was 2007?!?!? Ghost Ali wasn't feeling the drama that day. Weird. Very unlike Ghost Ali.

#10 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

Crime thread and Umaru thread.

Or this one.

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

A recent Adv+ nomination thread, which then lead to @Fikri making a video reading one of the posts. So. Much. Drama.

The subway sex, by iargue, is pretty fun to read too.

I'm sure there are more, I just have a really bad memory.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

Considering a new game where I vaguely describe threads from the last 10 years and send you off to find them.

God, that was 2007?!?!? Ghost Ali wasn't feeling the drama that day. Weird. Very unlike Ghost Ali.

That actually sounds like it would make a good forum game. :p

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

Iruleatants and his subway bouncing "missus" still takes the cake for me xD

#14 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

Don't lie. :c There was a crime. And I committed it. With my crime thread.

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Iruleatants and his subway bouncing "missus" still takes the cake for me xD

This would have to be mine purely for the longevity. :p I'm also quite fond of the whole Dr. Sloth Plot thing from ages ago which brought us a lot of attention because we were the first to work it out and provide a program to solve it, our traffic increased like 500% from that.

http://www.neocodex....ial-plot-thread

http://www.neocodex....r-sloth-decoder

#16 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

This would have to be mine purely for the longevity. :p

Link it. :D :D :D I KNOW you have that stashed away, but always to hand, because I get you to produce it at least once a year.

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

Link it. :D :D :D I KNOW you have that stashed away, but always to hand, because I get you to produce it at least once a year.

What do you think I am, your linking monkey or something? Pfft. :p

http://www.neocodex....e-2#entry679163

#18 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

What do you think I am, your linking monkey or something? Pfft. :p

http://www.neocodex....e-2#entry679163

*pats* Good link monkey.

Honestly, I think that actually my favourite old threads aren't really that interesting to anyone but me, they just marked the passage of time. GCSE results, trips to music festivals, my wedding, the end of uni. I can chart my life from 15 to 27 through Codex threads...

#19 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

*pats* Good link monkey.

Honestly, I think that actually my favourite old threads aren't really that interesting to anyone but me, they just marked the passage of time. GCSE results, trips to music festivals, my wedding, the end of uni. I can chart my life from 15 to 27 through Codex threads...

Hrmph. <_<

I can't really chart any of my life on account of me generally not posting anything personal. Not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing. :/

#20 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

Hrmph. <_<

I can't really chart any of my life on account of me generally not posting anything personal. Not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing. :/

Just look back at all the badgers avatars you've used.

#21 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:48 PM

Hrmph. <_<

Give it time. We'll chart it through the PM.

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

Give it time. We'll chart it through the PM.

That's true, we could both fill in quite a lot of gaps in our timelines from that malarkey by now. :p If that counts as a thread (it looks just like one) then that's my favourite I think.

#23 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Damn, there is a lot of threads I want to say, but I can't since they're hidden away in high ranked subforums. But one of my favorites will forever be a certain entertaining and wild clusterfuck. It was a magical experience. *reminisces fondly*

#24 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

Damn, there is a lot of threads I want to say, but I can't since they're hidden away in high ranked subforums. But one of my favorites will forever be a certain entertaining and wild clusterfuck. It was a magical experience. *reminisces fondly*

So like most of the hidden threads?

#25 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

So like most of the hidden threads?

I think it's more specific this time :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users