158 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:37 AM

ocNZz7t.png

This year’s spring Codies is brought to you by your favorite host Ryan Seacrest.

Ryan-Seacrest-With-Grumpy-Cat.gif

Or me. Whatever. I look better than he does anyways.

It’s movie themed! Like the Oscars, you know, a big circle jerk for rich and famous. Minus the rich and famous part.

Rules

1. You may post or PM your nominations using this list. Please PM me.
  2. You may only nominate one person per category, except ‘best romance’.
  3. You may not nominate yourself.
  4. You may skip any category.
  5. Joke nominations that are in bad taste will be disregarded; this is up to my discretion.
  6. You may edit your nominations (post or pm) until the voting day.
  7. You don’t have to provide reasons for nominations, but you can if you want.
  8. All nominations are due 16 May 2016

The titles for the categories are a bit different, to go along with the theme, because themed stuff is fun and don’t you dare say otherwise. :v

Explanations:

Wooden Spoon - this person likes to stir up shit on Codex, causing drama, and just making life here interesting in general.

The Golden Carrot - this person is the best of the best of best at Codex!

Categories

General

Best Supporting Role (friendliest poster):

Worst Supporting Role (least friendly poster):

Best Gopher (most helpful):

Freshest Kraft Services Food (that’s right, you’re a piece of meat, aka best newbie):

Childstar Drug Habit (addicted to Codex):

Forum

Best Picture (avatar):

Best Visual Effects (signature):

Best Director (staff member):

Best On-Screen Romance (couple):

Best Cameo (user comeback):

In Memoriam (most missed):

Best Screenplay (thread):

Best Writer (aka blogger):

Personality/Other

Best Comedy Performance:

Poorly Executed Genius Trope (most intelligent):

On-Screen Cringe (most awkward):

Hacker Trope (best programmer):

Best Set Designer (GFX):

Trailer That Shows Everything (most generous):

Future

Next Oscar (next staff):

Nipple Slip (next ban):

Overall

Best Actor (Mr. Codex):

Best Actress (Mrs. Codex):

Mel Gibson (Grumpy Old Person):

Propmaster  (Wooden Spoon):

Mary Sue or Gary Stu (The Golden Carrot):

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:44 AM

Love the twist on the categories' names :p
I'll do this later!

#3 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:48 AM

Love the twist on the categories' names :p
I'll do this later!

I'm glad. I wanted it to be funny and different. xD

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:59 AM

IMO Grumpy Old Man should be Clint Eastwood :p

Great spin on the category names @Coops! I look forward to the noms :)

#5 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

IMO Grumpy Old Man should be Clint Eastwood :p

Great spin on the category names @Coops! I look forward to the noms :)

@Strategist Where the hell were you last night in TC?! I was asking people for help lmao.

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:01 AM

Well, thankfully (by the looks of things) I was at work lol

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

I love the spin you've put on it :p Looks so fun!

#8 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:57 AM

Ahh this will be fun!
Will do mine later :v

#9 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

I love the spin you've put on it :p Looks so fun!

Yay. 8D I'm really glad.

Ahh this will be fun!
Will do mine later :v

Okay. 

I hope everyone laughs at this as much as I have. XD

#10 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:01 AM

I agree, it was a joy to read all the categories! :D

And, ohhh my god there's a "Most Awkward"?  *hides face and fleees quickly*

#11 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:08 AM

Hope i can keep my "Least friendly poster" title and next ban ;)

Hey you kidz ! vote4me

#12 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:12 AM

But. You aren't very unfriendly to me @Rauul :(

#13 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

general
best supporting role: @Melancholy he's always so nice and friendly. i like him a lot. :)
worst supporting role: @ Frizzle i'm always scared of him tbh.
best gopher: @KyloRen she has won a couple of codies awards already, so we might as well give her this one too... jk! but seriously tho, she's SO helpful. everyone should try to be like her. :)
freshest kraft services food: @jaredyne friendly, helpful, active... they also recently held a space faerie giveaway which got me excited for awhile before my dreams were crushed by the RNG.
childstar drug habit: @Junjie you'll be hard pressed to find even one recent thread without him posting on it. :p but his posts are often insightful and it's refreshing to have someone with similar timezone as i do being so active.

forum
best picture: @Liesa a fox with a tongue out? adorbz.
best visual effects: @Trichomes the signature goes well with the avatar, the font is vintage chic and come on, IT'S PINK! :heart:
best director: @Waser Lave he's been here the whole time and is very attentive to all of our needs, whines, cries, etc. thank you.
best on-screen romance: @Romy and @Adam because they always argue and minutes later make out with one another just like some old married couple. it's really sweet, actually. :wub:
best cameo: @Futurama with the annual altador cup fast approaching, he finally popped out of the sports subforum and became more active in other areas of neocodex. hallelujah!
in memoriam: @punkrockbigmouth with the newest season of GoT currently airing i started to feel nostalgic reading her posts in the GoT thread. she was the one who got me hooked at the show because she kept making GoT references that i finally decided to watch the show to see what all the fuss is about.
best screenplay: zombians is gone a truly unique thread where everyone weeps for a rival site. that never happened. O_o
best writer: @Tauriel cute blog plus i feel like i actually learn stuff when i read her blogposts.

personality/other
best comedy performance: @DonValentino he needs to be constantly drunk or something because he's so much fun.
poorly executed genius trope: @Kelvin i'm a sucker for flowery language. :/
on-screen cringe: @Legitboi hmph!
hacker trope: @Eefi that newest private+ perk? simply pheno-effing-menal. you're the best! *squeals*
best set designer: @Honchkrow her drawings in the neocodex biweekly drawing challenge are incredible! i'm very impressed at her skills.
trailer that shows everything: @Coops you're so generous to lend all that avatar items. safe lending!

future
next oscar: @Swarley i think he has had enough holiday... when can he start being a mod back? :p
nipple slip: @Rauul he asked for it!

overall
best actor: @Copycat urgh, stop being so charming in all of your profile pics. :/
best actress: @Padme ...you too! :crybaby:
mel gibson: @Ali because she always reminisces about the golden age of neocodex which no one else seems to remember.
propmaster: @Drakonid keep stirring that pot!
mary sue: @Katya she cares a lot for this site and tries her best to make this place a better place.

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:50 AM

future
next oscar: @Swarley i think he has had enough holiday... when can he start being a mod back? :p

Hahahaha <3 you have no idea how I miss it and how I'd love to be back, but God knows how busy I've been lately x) maybe in the future with a big team like it is now, who knows? :p

#15 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

But my favorite host was Seth MacFarlane

#16 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

But my favorite host was Seth MacFarlane

06f.jpg

#17 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

I'm friendly as fuck, you cucks!

#18 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

Posting this blank and will fill out later so that this post won't ping the nominees. 

Categories

General

Best Supporting Role (friendliest poster): @GetJinxed Get cynical. Get jaded. HATE! I don't like people going against the norm. 

Worst Supporting Role (least friendly poster): 

Best Gopher (most helpful): @Katya because Daily Dare, lending me kwin on Kaylune, and overall, helps people and their questions. Ew. people. I know I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Freshest Kraft Services Food (that’s right, you’re a piece of meat, aka best newbie): @Junjie I await the day Codex breaks you and make you yet another droplet in the boringly homogeneous puddle of self-hatred.

Childstar Drug Habit (addicted to Codex): @Swarley Med school, MY ASS. Who is always online in Codex? Also I have never met an ex-Codex mod who wants to be a mod again (excluding Kate, but she had actual life to occupy her time).

Forum

Best Picture (avatar): 

Best Visual Effects (signature):

Best Director (staff member):

Best On-Screen Romance (couple):

Best Cameo (user comeback):

In Memoriam (most missed): @Shannon YOU LIVE!

Best Screenplay (thread): 

Best Writer (aka blogger): @Mishelle Your podcast ain't half bad. No wonder your blog is good (or maybe it's the other way around).

Personality/Other

Best Comedy Performance: @Ali sans Waser Lave. She sets up the jokes and carries the comedy duo.

Poorly Executed Genius Trope (most intelligent):

On-Screen Cringe (most awkward):

Hacker Trope (best programmer): @Eefi No one expected you to do the thing, but you did it much earlier than anyone expected and the thing is amazing.

Best Set Designer (GFX): @Maha By default because your graphics stuck out to me, not in the best caliber sense, but because I can't remember anyone else doing it so since you're the only one in my head who makes graphics, you win! Good for you.

Trailer That Shows Everything (most generous): @Rocket because dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn da... gurl. You're loaded.

Future

Next Oscar (next staff): 

Nipple Slip (next ban): @DonValentino because it's just about it, doncha think? There's no real reason other than I feel like it.

Overall

Best Actor (Mr. Codex): @DonJunjie You're fugling annoying, but you fit the bill by default--the best kind of victory.

Best Actress (Mrs. Codex): @Jess She's still on Codex AND is pregnant. That's something you can't do at the same time.

Mel Gibson (Grumpy Old Person): @Romy This award is more of a "u tried" sticker than an actual honor.

Propmaster  (Wooden Spoon): @Adam LET @Yung LIVE HIS LIFE of questionable decisions!

Mary Sue or Gary Stu (The Golden Carrot): @Coops, you foghorn. You put so much unnecessary effort here. So I saved the last nomination for you.

#19 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

I'm friendly as fuck, you cucks!

I think you're the only person on this site that's a bigger dick than I am.

#20 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

Meh. I say Sweeney and Bone are also up there in the running. I don't want to undermine your level of dickness, but you've always been nice to me. That may not be the case with all the other users, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

Meh. I say Sweeney and Bone are also up there in the running. I don't want to undermine your level of dickness, but you've always been nice to me. That may not be the case with all the other users, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

He tries too hard, but in the end, Romy is a sweetheart. :p

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

You don't want to look like you're trying to be obscene or distasteful. It just has to flow naturally.

#23 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

lmao, no.

You don't want to look like you're trying to be obscene or distasteful. It just has to flow naturally.

This guy knows.

#24 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

Hahah Thanks!

He tries too hard, but in the end, Romy is a sweetheart. :p

You're messing with my street cred bro. (Thank you :p )

lmao, no.

This guy knows.

I forgot about you ha.

#25 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

Hahah Thanks!

You're messing with my street cred bro. (Thank you :p )

I forgot about you ha.

I'm not a dick either, I just strongly agree with Swarley in that you're a sweetheart.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: codies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users