• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

Are you an optimist, pessimist, realist or other? In what ways do your general attitudes effect your life? Do you like or dislike having whichever attitude? Do you think it's easy to change your attitude? 

I am a realist.
It effects my life in every way, how I make my decisions, how I perceive people and my desires.

I like being a realist, but sometimes I wish I was blindly optimistic or more bubbly. People like bubbly people more than they like blunt realists.

I don't think it's easy to change, at least not for me. Being a realist is first nature for me.

#2 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

But, what is real

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Are you an optimist, pessimist, realist or other?

An optimist. Surprising, no?

In what ways do your general attitudes effect your life?

I am optimistic that I can stretch my procrastination time to the very last second and still complete everything that needs to be done.

Never failed me before.

Do you like or dislike having whichever attitude? Do you think it's easy to change your attitude? 

I hate realists because they don't know what is real. Realism to them are usually thinly-veiled misanthropy and/or weakmindedly surrendering to the dogmas of Darwinism and societal constructs although they can capable of overcoming that mentality after the first hit to their ego.

It's very easy to change my attitude. Starve me, put in me in lightless room, and show no human contact for days. By then, I wouldn't care about attitudes and more about what I need and want and how to get them immediately.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

I'm realistically pessimistic about the chances of ever being optimistic.

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

ions, how I perceive people and my desires.

I like being a realist, but sometimes I wish I was blindly optimistic or more bubbly. People like bubbly people more than they like blunt realists.

I don't think it's easy to change, at least not for me. Being a realist is first nature for me.

Optimism doesn't equate to behavioral quirks. It appears to me that you don't have an understanding of any of the attitudes. Would you care to define both realism and optimism to me?

#6 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

I'm a pessimist.

Being pessimis affects my life really badly. I'm used to suffer twice, from antecipation of something really bad happening and again when that something finally happens. I cannot fully enjoy good things because I'm worried about how it will end.

#7 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

I am different things depending, honestly. I don't feel I can categorise myself into either of the three boxes.

I can be very optimistic and cheery and lift everyone's spirit up. I can be very veeryy pessmistic to the point of being very misanthropic and even what others would consider nihilistic (though I wouldn't consider that myself). And other times I can find myself very pragmatic, to the point of not caring about morality or "shoulds" or other value judgements, and just caring about what works best at the moment and taking that to be what "should" be, sort of.

#8 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

Fuck you

#9 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

Fuck you

Wait what

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

I hate everything.

#11 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

I hate everything.

So you're an optimist right

#12 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:44 PM

i think i lean towards optimistic... i've been through many failures but after i conditioned myself towards my new situation/reality, i'm always be able to smile again.:)

inb4 i'm not optimistic, i just dgaf.

#13 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

It really depends on the situation. And sometimes I change my view during the same situation. My head is confusing lol

#14 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:11 PM

This is bizarre.

As common as a dinner party topic this is...who's to say?

For example, My idea of being a realist is seen as pessimistic by most but I've also been told that my outlook is optimistic.

#15 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

None of the above. Nihilistic.

#16 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:35 AM

Optimistic mostly. 

#17 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:36 AM

Hmm maybe optimistic. I do try to see the positive side of a bad situation. It's not easy but at least i try to  :rolleyes:

#18 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:41 AM

I'm an optimistic realist. I've recently come to the conclusion that I've had it pretty easy lifewise - can't say if that is caused by my outlook on life or just correlated, but usually things that I want tend to happen eventually. I like being optimistically realistic, and I don't think it would be easy for me to change.

#19 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:42 AM

Fuck you

Fuck you too.

None of the above. Nihilistic.

That qualifies as 'other'.

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

I think I'm a cross between Optimist and Realist e.e

#21 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:07 AM

I consider myself a realist, though my best friend might argue I'm a pessimist. I can acknowledge having a hint of pessimissim; I just like to set my expectations low because you get way less disappointed.

I dont necessarily show pessimissim (or at least I hope I don't) because I despise depressed and depressive pessimists. It's mot that I dont share their expectations because I often do, but a bad expectation shouldn't be demoralising but turned positive and motivate to improve it.

#22 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Fuck you too.

That qualifies as 'other'.

lol, first time ever I see @Coops run out of patience.

#23 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

lol, first time ever I see @Coops run out of patience.

It was an affectionate fuck you. :p He knows I'm not serious (I hope).

#24 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:11 AM

I am a realist, which sometimes makes people glare at me. But its fine I'll be the one with a brain~

#25 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:16 AM

Are you an optimist, pessimist, realist or other?

Realist. All day long. I need to know what could happen, what might happen, what's likely to happen. If I don't, I'm not making a move.

In what ways do your general attitudes effect your life?

It doesn't? I mean, I like risks so knowing what's likely to happen or what might happen doesn't always mean I'm not going to do what I wanted to do in the first place.

Do you like or dislike having whichever attitude? Do you think it's easy to change your attitude?

I like it, because I have tons of optimists and pessimists around me and we bounce things off each other before making decisions. No, it's not easy. It's easy to see someone else's point of view, whether or not you agree with their POV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users