• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

Do any of you play games on your phones? Anything you're obsessed with?

We've had a couple threads on here about different games since I've joined and I'd like to get a feel for what our members partake in....

last summer we had a hardcore thread about Heroes Charge which sort of fell apart (god damn I spent money on that game!!)

Talbs (fml I thought it was Kaddict at first) posted about Clash Royale earlier this month!

Personally I have a few games on my iPhone: 

-Crossy Road (great for when I'm bored and just want something to pass the time, it's a lot like frogger)

-Clash of Clans (strategy, very popular and I know it's available on both android & iphone)

- Clash Royale (an offshoot of Clash of Clans)

I also have miitomo which I don't know if it's more a game or social network but tbh it kind of sucks and idk why I still have the app but I do know that Kara plays it lol.

#2 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

Other than Solitaire, I have Blendoku (a game where you arrange colors in certain ways) and Word Brain (a game where you combine letters to form certain words) on my phone. I'm also ashamed to say that I still have the original Flappy Bird on my phone as well.

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Oh shit, Heroes Charge. Entire endgame relies on spending tons of money to make progress faster and unlock the VIP draws.

I play(ed) a few games that I got very invested in, but got burned out and stopped playing such as Puzzle and Dragons and DBZ: Dokkan Battle.

These days I play mostly idle and tap games as a way to waste time without the stress of missing out on fancy limited time events and content. Right now it's Nonstop Knight.

#4 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

I have canabalt and super hexagon on my phone at the moment. I had infinity blade 1-3 on my ipod but I lost it.

#5 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:46 PM

Oh god my boyfriend, his friends and I were OBSESSED with clash of clans for a good 6 months. He's always the one that begins obsessing over a game and then I obsess over it just so I can beat him.
Flappy bird was a pretty big hit too. So was pirate kings with all my FB friends.
We tried to get into clash Royale but that only lasted 1-2 weeks haha.
I occasionally play solitaire (beat him at that too btw) otherwise I don't really play any apps anymore. Just Instagram, snapchat and Pinterest are all I really use on my phone these days

#6 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

Neko Atsume (kitty collector)
Hearthstone (trading card game)
Peak (brain games)
Qriket (earn cash for watching ads, and spinning a wheel)

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:06 AM

I play Hearthstone, Minecraft PE, Candy Crush, Bingo, Monopoly, Heads Up, the list goes on infinitely. I really love playing games on my ipad and iphone lmao

#8 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:34 AM

Madden Mobile and (since two days ago) Olympus Rising

#9 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:22 AM

I still login to Heroes Charge and Clash of Clans every day and mess around for 10-15 minutes. The only game I am actively playing on mobile at the moment is Clash Royale, as you mentioned.

#10 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:00 AM

I loved playing Heroes Charge, but it made me sad when I realized the game is p2w. I freaking love crossy road and stack lmao. @Padme turned me into an addict.

#11 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:01 AM

Neko Atsume (kitty collector), Candy Crush Soda, Plants vs Zombies, Words with Friends, and like a million GRE "game" apps that are actually vocab and math .-.

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:47 AM

Neko Atsume (kitty collector), Candy Crush Soda, Plants vs Zombies, Words with Friends, and like a million GRE "game" apps that are actually vocab and math .-.

I forgot about Words with Friends. I still played it from time to time. I had some GRE apps by Magoosh on my phone for a while, but I opted to stick to actual books when I did the bulk of my studying.

#13 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:51 AM

I forgot about Words with Friends. I still played it from time to time. I had some GRE apps by Magoosh on my phone for a while, but I opted to stick to actual books when I did the bulk of my studying.

It's really hard to find books in my country :( and shipping them here from the USA is so expensive. I mostly just study online. Do you have any advice? haha

#14 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

It's really hard to find books in my country :( and shipping them here from the USA is so expensive. I mostly just study online. Do you have any advice? haha

I didn't think about that. There are some good resources on Reddit for the GRE and I have a couple of links to downloadable books if you don't mind reading the books online. They could probably be imported to a kindle or something if you prefer to read that way. There are also a handful of practice tests that are in circulation that I'd recommend as well. Do you have the PowerPrep Software installed on your computer? It comes with two free tests if you haven't done that already.

#15 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

I didn't think about that. There are some good resources on Reddit for the GRE and I have a couple of links to downloadable books if you don't mind reading the books online. They could probably be imported to a kindle or something if you prefer to read that way. There are also a handful of practice tests that are in circulation that I'd recommend as well. Do you have the PowerPrep Software installed on your computer? It comes with two free tests if you haven't done that already.

That would be really great! Could you pm me the links? I'll have a look at the reddit too, is it just r/gre? I've done the first powerprep test but I'm saving the second one for right before the test since it's probably the most accurate test for predicting grades. How much proper study did you do before taking the test?

#16 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:08 AM

I play:
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes

Avengers Academy

Star Wars: Card Trader (not sure if this counts as an actual game, it's pretty much just collecting star wars cards)

Miitomo

Dragonvale

Neko Atsume

Marvel: Contest of Champions

Hearthstone 

Hay Day

Tetris Blitz

I used to play candy crush but got really tired of them releasing a "new" game every few months that was pretty much just candy crush with a couple changes. Like that one about pets, I forget the name. 

#17 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:11 AM

That would be really great! Could you pm me the links? I'll have a look at the reddit too, is it just r/gre? I've done the first powerprep test but I'm saving the second one for right before the test since it's probably the most accurate test for predicting grades. How much proper study did you do before taking the test?

I will look for the links when I get home and see what I can uncover. I would try r/gre, r/gradschool, and r/gradadmissions as those are 3 that I frequented leading up to my test. I had been out of undergrad for 5 years and had debated going back for a masters forever before I decided to take the plunge. I started "studying" around the 1st of January and my exam was on January 30th, so it wasn't extensive studying by any means. I took 4-5 practice tests and studied the areas I did poorly in. I am really good at math, so I probably devoted 80% of my time to learning vocabulary. The PowerPrep tests are definitely the best, and I kind of did the same thing you're doing. I took one at the beginning to set a baseline score, and I took the second one the night before my actual GRE. My actual score was 8-10 points higher than my best PowerPrep, so I was pleasantly surprised.

#18 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

I will look for the links when I get home and see what I can uncover. I would try r/gre, r/gradschool, and r/gradadmissions as those are 3 that I frequented leading up to my test. I had been out of undergrad for 5 years and had debated going back for a masters forever before I decided to take the plunge. I started "studying" around the 1st of January and my exam was on January 30th, so it wasn't extensive studying by any means. I took 4-5 practice tests and studied the areas I did poorly in. I am really good at math, so I probably devoted 80% of my time to learning vocabulary. The PowerPrep tests are definitely the best, and I kind of did the same thing you're doing. I took one at the beginning to set a baseline score, and I took the second one the night before my actual GRE. My actual score was 8-10 points higher than my best PowerPrep, so I was pleasantly surprised.

That's great! Congratulations :D I'm the opposite haha I feel pretty comfortable with vocab, my main issue is math. I haven't studied math since high school so it's been a lot of relearning EVERYTHING. I basically only just developed a firm understanding of basic algebra haha :p How I managed to get two biomedical degrees before this is a mystery.

Edited by tammyisbored, 16 May 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#19 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:30 AM

That's great! Congratulations :D I'm the opposite haha I feel pretty comfortable with vocab, my main issue is math. I haven't studied math since high school so it's been a lot of relearning EVERYTHING. I basically only just developed a firm understanding of basic algebra haha :p How I managed to get two biomedical degrees before this is a mystery.

It's not too bad. I was rushing through only taking 60-90 minutes per practice test. I think I took the real one in 2 hours or so because I was being extremely cautious. I did well enough to get into my top choice and ultimately that's all I was concerned about. I had a horrendous undergrad GPA but 5 years of work experience and the GRE was probably my saving grace as I don't imagine my letters of recommendation being that grand.

#20 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

It's not too bad. I was rushing through only taking 60-90 minutes per practice test. I think I took the real one in 2 hours or so because I was being extremely cautious. I did well enough to get into my top choice and ultimately that's all I was concerned about. I had a horrendous undergrad GPA but 5 years of work experience and the GRE was probably my saving grace as I don't imagine my letters of recommendation being that grand.

Well it sounds like it all worked out for you in the end, which is awesome. Work experience is always super useful. I have to say my biggest concern are definitely the recommendation letters :( I wish I could write them myself haha

#21 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

Almost every game by Kairosoft, but my all time favourite is Game Dev Story.

2048, I'll never stop playing this. 

And that's pretty much it. Used to be pretty much into Kingdoms at War and Game of War, basically the same game. I miss the friends I made there.

#22 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

Almost every game by Kairosoft, but my all time favourite is Game Dev Story.

I completely forgot about this game. I need to download it again.

#23 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

Solitaire and Neko Atsume. Cards and cats. I guess that tells a lot about my upcoming elderly years.

BUT recently I've been playing Cube Escape Rusty Lake's games. They're AWESOME, to say the least.

#24 Tablyth

Tablyth
  • 64 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

Jetpack Joyride is the only one

i1068831_Immagine.png

#25 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

I'm playing Miitomo, Songpop(very rarely), Knights of Pen and Paper, Cook Serve Delicious, and Ingress. I need more games, but I'm kinda picky, and very ADD... Most of my time is on iFunny and Instagram lately. Any reccs?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobile gaming, iphone, android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users